*** The Book of Boba Fett *** (Discussion Thread) Wed Dec 29 - Feb 9

157,674 Views | 1966 Replies | Last: 2 yr ago by SpreadsheetAg
TCTTS
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Either way, I'm having to constantly remind myself that the Empire only recently fell in this world. Because the OT feels like so long ago, it feels like Boba crawled out of the pit way back in the day, but whether it was five or six years ago, that's nothing in this timeline.
jeffk
AG
At least he finally got some new clothes. I was wondering if the TR would make him prance about in his long johns for a couple of years.
Atreides Ornithopter
AG
Official starwars site says Mando is ABY 9( After Battle of Yavin) and ROTJ is ABY4
redline248
AG
TCTTS said:

If I have my math/sources correct, the "present day" story is roughly five years after the "flashbacta" story, correct? Five years between Jedi and The Mandalorian, and then maybe a few weeks since the beginning of The Mandalorian to now? Or has it been longer since the beginning of Mando?
How long from Mando pilot to season 2 finale? Boba's "present" time has to be right after (days or weeks) that finale.
TCTTS
AG
That's what I'm trying to figure out. Because I can't image that the two seasons of Mando so far spanned more than a few weeks - like maybe even just two or three, if that - and yeah, the beginning of this series is surely almost immediately after the season two Mando finale.
Duncan Idaho
redline248 said:

A good, old fashioned train heist to keep with the western theme.

All I could think when the Hutts showed up was "they don't have nearly enough people holding that, no way it wouldn't fall." Also, what is a Wookie doing working for some Hutts?

Also, not to regurgitate a previous point (too much) but I really don't care for the majordomo speaking "Basic." Could have still been the passive aggressive weasel while speaking twilek, imo.

This episode really is trying to make the Tuskens out to be very sympathetic. Far cry from the type of people who kidnap a woman from her home and tie her up to a tanning rack.

Different tribes. Think Comanche vs Seminole
bobinator
AG
I think the timeline of The Mandalorian is intentionally unclear. Some of those adventures could have taken hours or weeks.
wangus12
AG
bobinator said:

I think the timeline of The Mandalorian is intentionally unclear. Some of those adventures could have taken hours or weeks.
I don't know how y'all can't see how much Baby Yoda aged during the first 2 seasons. Must of been a decade
jokershady
AG
My boys pointed out that the robes we see the TR dressing him in are the same clothes he's wearing under his Mandalorian armor in the 1st episode…so he really has a strong connection to them still in the present day story
Madmarttigan
AG
They have to be going through all this because they are setting up the tuskens to help him out at some point against the hutts.

I hope they go into the Star Wars mafia organization a little more and why Hutts are untouchables. I get that they are the top of the food chain in crime syndicates across the galaxy, but I also wonder how many of them are left and how swift retribution would be if Boba openly kills them.
SpreadsheetAg
AG
jokershady said:

My boys pointed out that the robes we see the TR dressing him in are the same clothes he's wearing under his Mandalorian armor in the 1st episode…so he really has a strong connection to them still in the present day story

Agree.

My thinking is the Sarlacc and enslavement by the TR and subsequently "joining the tribe" were a rebirth of sorts for Boba Fett. He wants to be Daimyo not for himself, but he's playing the long game for his tribe and the Tuskens.

He claims the Daimyo, takes down the Hutts presence on Tattooine and gets the TRs their dunes and planet back. He's a changed man because of the TRs, that's for sure.
GiveEmHellBill
AG

Was anyone else reeeeaaaaalllllyyyyy hoping that Moochie would come out when that assassin was dropped down into the Rancor pit?
The Porkchop Express
bobinator said:

Can't decide if I like this show or not yet.
TCTTS
bobinator
AG
Didn't know I had to write a dissertation to comment
The Porkchop Express
Madmarttigan said:

I hope they go into the Star Wars mafia organization a little more and why Hutts are untouchables. I get that they are the top of the food chain in crime syndicates across the galaxy, but I also wonder how many of them are left and how swift retribution would be if Boba openly kills them.
This is from SW.com so pretty official I imagine.

HUTT CLAN

The Hutt Clan was one of the most powerful crime families in the galaxy, making riches through smuggling and myriad illegal businesses across worlds. They were governed by the Hutt Grand Council, a committee of elder Hutts that would advise on strategy and make decisions on inter-family disputes.

Perhaps Hutts like the Twins are just spoiled rich kids out on a lark. Ultimately, the Hutt Grand Council could get them to clear out, but killing them as a means to get them off your planet would be tantamount to murdering the son or daughter of a crime boss. You'd be dead before their funeral.

The Tuskens have been so heavily featured already that they must be his power backing. Otherwise he'd have to be the biggest idiot alive to think that he and a supremely hot sniper are going to hold Tatooine by themselves, even if he is feared beyond belief by most individuals, he's still just one guy.
Atreides Ornithopter
AG
SpreadsheetAg said:

jokershady said:

Agree.

My thinking is the Sarlacc and enslavement by the TR and subsequently "joining the tribe" were a rebirth of sorts for Boba Fett. He wants to be Daimyo not for himself, but he's playing the long game for his tribe and the Tuskens.

He claims the Daimyo, takes down the Hutts presence on Tattooine and gets the TRs their dunes and planet back. He's a changed man because of the TRs, that's for sure.

So he is Paul Mua'dib
TCTTS
AG
This is all good to know and legit helpful.
GiveEmHellBill
AG
Arrakis ecologist said:

SpreadsheetAg said:

jokershady said:

Agree.

So he is Paul Mua'dib
ummmmm....something about username and checking out.....
TCTTS
AG
Overall, I almost would rather they have done shorter episodes, but a longer season, rotating between the two timelines each alternating episode. So the pilot is all present day, episode two is all the Tusken story, episode three all present day, episode four all the Tucson story, etc, and just gotten rid of the whole flashbacta conceit. Then, the last two or three episodes could have seen the stories "merge," essentially, and be 100% in the present day (if that's, indeed, where it's going). It just feels so forced and clunky as-is, and would have otherwise been so much cleaner.
Sq1dvm
AG
First off, the term "flashbacta" is awesome. Well played. I loved the train heist, loved that Tusken busting it trying to jump speeders and liked Forged in Fire: Tatooine. Snorting a psychedelic lizard was weird, but enjoyed everything else.
The Lost
I really really really don't get why the first episode didn't end with the first scene of this episode.

Also since it's Disney's damn show, why even do flashbacks and just start with the tusken story line? It's entertaining on its own and they literally have as many episodes as they want.

Weird story telling, but I'll def finish the season at this rate. This episode was what I was expecting from the last.
bankshot11
AG
Much, MUCH better than last week's garbage. LOVED the "current day" portion with the Hutts and the BMF Wookiee. Left me wanting more. I hope we see this wookiee tear some dude's arms out of their sockets.

Camie and Fixer cameo from the ANH deleted scenes... weird choice for a cameo but I don't hate it.

I could honestly have watched an entire episode of Boba crafting his gaffi stick.

Still have a few gripes though. One, while the train stuff was cool, it was previously established that Tatooine is the middle of nowhere with nothing going on... so why are gangs using trains to smuggle spice? Put this hovertrain in a populated planet like Nal Hutta or Coruscant and I'm down.

The Mayor's Twilek is still super cringe and just does not fit Star Wars at all. He reminds me of the dude who gives River Phoenix the Indiana Jones Fedora at the start of Last Crusade, like he's a friend of Filoni and Filoni is doing him a favor casting him.
PatAg
AG
bobinator said:

Can't decide if I like this show or not yet.
Still not very good, but nowhere near bad enough to bail on.
Still some potentially interesting and cool places they can take the story
TCTTS
AG
bankshot11 said:

Much, MUCH better than last week's garbage. LOVED the "current day" portion with the Hutts and the BMF Wookiee. Left me wanting more. I hope we see this wookiee tear some dude's arms out of their sockets.

Camie and Fixer cameo from the ANH deleted scenes... weird choice for a cameo but I don't hate it.

I could honestly have watched an entire episode of Boba crafting his gaffi stick.

Still have a few gripes though. One, while the train stuff was cool, it was previously established that Tatooine is the middle of nowhere with nothing going on... so why are gangs using trains to smuggle spice? Put this hovertrain in a populated planet like Nal Hutta or Coruscant and I'm down.

The Mayor's Twilek is still super cringe and just does not fit Star Wars at all. He reminds me of the dude who gives River Phoenix the Indiana Jones Fedora at the start of Last Crusade, like he's a friend of Filoni and Filoni is doing him a favor casting him.
I haven't looked it up, but I'm pretty sure he played Julia Louis-Dreyfus' characters ex-husband on Veep. Definitely out of place here, but was pretty good in that.
TCTTS
AG
Yep...

https://www.imdb.com/name/nm0664727/
TCTTS
AG
This is a fun interview overall, and I know I keep harping on this, but it's still weird to me that neither the show nor Morrison can answer this very basic question (at least as of yet)…

Quote:

So why does Boba want to stay on Tatooine and run Jabba's empire? It seems like kind of a hassle to me.
Morrison: That's a very good question. We're going to start somewhere, I guess. We're going to be branching out and looking at other things to do. But yeah, we'll start small and then we'll venture out. If you focus on the job, you'd better ask the writer that.

Duncan Idaho
I just hope the wookie means we are getting a Dr Aphra series and that she is properly cast.
bobinator
AG
Man, I've been trying to place that guy. Felt familiar and that's exactly it.
bobinator
AG
I think this is one of the things I don't like about it. It feels kind of like Westworld, but not done as well.
redline248
AG
Duncan Idaho said:

I just hope the wookie means we are getting a Dr Aphra series and that she is properly cast.
Is Dr Aphra that good of a character?
Atreides Ornithopter
AG
We already answered the question of why he would stay on Tattooine and deal with the headache. It is because he is the kwisatz haderach for the Tusken.
Madmarttigan
AG
I have always wondered how a gigantic lard species that can barely move became criminal overlords.

I mean I know they have been in power for thousands of years, but how did they actually obtain the power since they are physically a worthless species. Could only be through some sort of technological superiority I would figure.
OnlyForNow
AG
wangus12 said:

bobinator said:

I don't know how y'all can't see how much Baby Yoda aged during the first 2 seasons. Must of been a decade
I know Wangus's comment is a joke, but I think that Mando Season 1 and Season 2 took at least a year or so.

Even with droids doing repair work and super fast healing, things line up that it's longer than it seems.

Take the episode on the planet where the people raised krill and brewed spatcha (season 1) with the AT-ST, I think he was in the village for about a week at least training the people for the fight.
The Porkchop Express
redline248 said:

Duncan Idaho said:

Is Dr Aphra that good of a character?
Yes

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.