*** The Book of Boba Fett *** (Discussion Thread) Wed Dec 29 - Feb 9

157,699 Views | 1966 Replies | Last: 2 yr ago by SpreadsheetAg
Brian Earl Spilner
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
jokershady
AG
No Disney+???????

C@LAg
he doesn't have a tablet and wifi or LTE?

at a minimum he should be able to use his force-based interstellar communication network to pick up the stream.
DannyDuberstein
AG
The Luke CGI is pretty flipping amazing. Has to be weird to be Mark Hamill and see this
The Porkchop Express
jokershady said:

No Disney+???????

Sounds like his cable box might have a bad motivator.

ABATTBQ11
AG
helloimustbegoing said:

It's hard to imagine a studio saying it's redoing the movies that are presently ranked 1st, 10th, and 16th all time at the box office because some fans didn't like them.

Where are you getting those rankings? There are many films with a higher total box office than TFA.

And the last three films only got worse in terms of box office. TFA did really well because no one had any idea what it was going to be and it was riding on the Star Wars baby brand. Then TLJ slipped a few hundred million, and ROS basically bombed in comparison, only pulling in half what TFA did.

They're even worse when adjusted for ticket prices. TFA rode the brand and nostalgia to 11th place, but TLJ sank to 44th and ROS dropped to 88th (the original trilogy are all top 20, and A New Hope is #2). Most of those tickets were people who would see it regardless because it is a Star Wars movie, but those are also the people being disappointed the most. If Disney put another SW trilogy out tomorrow and Favreau and Filoni were not running the show, they'd bomb. Certainly, they'd make plenty of money because it's SW, but I think performance on par with ROS would be the ceiling with how poorly the last trilogy was received, especially ROS.

ETA And that last part is bad because considering the performance of TFA, Disney probably left about $500 million to $1 billion on the table in box office with TLJ and ROS.
Cromagnum
AG
Prosperdick said:

I don't see how Grogu can pick the lightsaber and Luke does what, toss the beskar chainmail in the trash? They made a point of showing it forged, Din traveling to deliver it and you have to think somewhere down the road that chainmail will save his life.

What will be interesting is how Luke reacts to that decision.

Maybe it protects him from a darksaber stabbing.

ABATTBQ11
AG
Honestly, I'm hoping Mando pulls in Bo Katan and her Mandalorians in exchange for helping to reclaim/rebuild Mandalore. I'm also excited for a Cad Bane and Boba Fett showdown.
Cromagnum
AG
How in the holy hell did someone redo Cad's face so fast?

Brian Earl Spilner
AG
TFA is the highest grossing movie of all time domestically, and it's not actually close. (Endgame is #2.) Unadjusted of course, which is how it's typically ranked.
The Porkchop Express
ABATTBQ11 said:

helloimustbegoing said:

It's hard to imagine a studio saying it's redoing the movies that are presently ranked 1st, 10th, and 16th all time at the box office because some fans didn't like them.

Where are you getting those rankings? There are many films with a higher total box office than TFA.

And the last three films only got worse in terms of box office. TFA did really well because no one had any idea what it was going to be and it was riding on the Star Wars baby brand. Then TLJ slipped a few hundred million, and ROS basically bombed in comparison, only pulling in half what TFA did.

They're even worse when adjusted for ticket prices. TFA rode the brand and nostalgia to 11th place, but TLJ sank to 44th and ROS dropped to 88th (the original trilogy are all top 20, and A New Hope is #2). Most of those tickets were people who would see it regardless because it is a Star Wars movie, but those are also the people being disappointed the most. If Disney put another SW trilogy out tomorrow and Favreau and Filoni were not running the show, they'd bomb. Certainly, they'd make plenty of money because it's SW, but I think performance on par with ROS would be the ceiling with how poorly the last trilogy was received, especially ROS.

ETA And that last part is bad because considering the performance of TFA, Disney probably left about $500 million to $1 billion on the table in box office with TLJ and ROS.
US Domestic box office #s from Box Office Mojo
JCRiley09
AG
Were there some limitations due to cgi vs practical effects? The face we got in the show seems to have eyes and a mouth proportional(ish) to a human actor.
Cromagnum
AG
JCRiley09 said:

Were there some limitations due to cgi vs practical effects? The face we got in the show seems to have eyes and a mouth proportional(ish) to a human actor.

Dunno, but I'm okay with the live action version we got. Looks menacing AF.
TXAG 05
AG
TCTTS said:

Newhart and Dallas were before my time…

Not to derail, but It's just surprising to me that someone in writing in unfamiliar with the famous finale of Newhart.

Dallas killed off a character but then brought him back after a season, saying the previous season was just a dream.
jeffk
AG
Especially since both of those shows are more recent than A New Hope.
TCTTS
AG
I vaguely know about the Dallas one. Something involving Patrick Duffey and a shower, right? I feel like I've seen a few seconds of that clip in a retrospective series about the '80s or something.

As for Newhart, I've never seen a single frame of that show and have absolutely no idea what you're talking about. I just looked it up and it seems there were multiple Newhart series so I don't even know which one you guys are referring to. I've seen plenty of other Nick at Night/TV Land type shows, but that's one that was just never on my radar. Cheers/Cosby Show era is as far back as I remember seeing stuff "live" as a kid.
TCTTS
AG
So is this the one that ended in 1990? I knew there was a "Bob Newhart Show" back in the day, but this "Newhart" that aired from '82 to '90 is something I literally didn't even know existed until a few minutes ago. And again, I watched TV all during that era, so I have no idea how I missed it.
TXAG 05
AG
Newhart ran in the mid 80s to maybe the early 90s. Bob Newhart ran an small hotel and it was about all the interactions with the local people and the guests. The finale ended with him waking up in bed with his wife from the Bob Newhart show from the 70s saying he just had a dream about running a hotel. It's one of the most famous series finales of all time.
FearNoWeevil
AG
I was hoping Ashoka would drop the "This is the way" line on Mando. The Watch and the Jedi both have some pretty extreme ideals.
The Porkchop Express
TCTTS said:

I vaguely know about the Dallas one. Something involving Patrick Duffey and a shower, right? I feel like I've seen a few seconds of that clip in a retrospective series about the '80s or something.

As for Newhart, I've never seen a single frame of that show and have absolutely no idea what you're talking about. I just looked it up and it seems there were multiple Newhart series so I don't even know which one you guys are referring to. I've seen plenty of other Nick at Night/TV Land type shows, but that's one that was just never on my radar. Cheers/Cosby Show era is as far back as I remember seeing stuff "live" as a kid.
I believe this is the famous Patrick Duffy ending being referred to.

BenTheGoodAg
AG
I'm good with it too. Not quite right, but great for live action. He should look a lot older than he did in the clone wars as well.
The Porkchop Express
Cromagnum said:

JCRiley09 said:

The one on TV looks way better to me. You have to mute cartoon colors to give a character realism. That's why Superman's suit isn't neon blue and red in real movies.
Ag Since 83
AG
The entire sequel trilogy takes place in a snow globe young Ben Solo is holding on the Millenium Falcon as Han is dropping him off on whatever planet Luke's academy is on
TCTTS
AG
You just gave me the perfect idea for the title of another spin-off…

He is no one.

He is everyone.

He is the galaxy's most feared bounty hunter.

He is…

"Citizen Bane"
ABATTBQ11
AG
Why just domestic?
Atreides Ornithopter
AG
I have just lost all hope that TCTTS is a true Hollywood elite. You don't know NEWHART......

Redstone is rolling over on his keyboard
Redstone
AG
Already rolled. Not a huge fan of the series.
The Porkchop Express
ABATTBQ11 said:

Why just domestic?
Because
America

Rest of the world
jokershady
AG
Cromagnum said:

JCRiley09 said:

This. Plus this is the oldest version of Cad Bane we're seeing if I'm not mistaken so I'm sure the lighter blue color of his skin is to reflect that
TXAG 05
AG
TCTTS said:

You just gave me the perfect idea for the title of another spin-off…

He is no one.

He is everyone.

He is the galaxy's most feared bounty hunter.

He is…

"Citizen Bane"

Pretty sure he was referring the finale of St Elsewhere, where it was revealed that the whole show was in the imagination of a kid of one of the characters. Another pretty famous finale.
Atreides Ornithopter
AG
"What's St.. Elsewhere and where did it go"[/TCTTS]
The Porkchop Express
How about Grogu, Luke, and Mando in a reboot of My Two Dads?
JCRiley09
AG
Anakins wife has just died, so his brother (Obi Wan) and best friend (Yoda) move in to help him raise his young children, Luke and Leia.

Full House, Tatooine edition
double aught
AG
Would y'all please stop bringing up these shows TC has never heard of?
Aggie_Journalist
AG
Goodness. I thought Cade Bane looked a little off, but was still cool, until I saw this. Now I want the dark blue, thinner Cad Bane in all future episodes!
Thanks and gig'em

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.