*** The Book of Boba Fett *** (Discussion Thread) Wed Dec 29 - Feb 9

157,701 Views | 1966 Replies | Last: 2 yr ago by SpreadsheetAg
Duncan Idaho
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Was surprised to see they guy from "Bubble Boy" and then I remembered the director of spy kids was the lead on this series.

Duncan Idaho
hurleyag said:

bankshot11 said:

That swoop bike "chase" was embarrassing, and I don't think they ever went faster than 5mph.

This

To be fair they were supposed to be space Vespas like sting in quadrophenia

https://allthatsinteresting.com/mods-vs-rockers
wangus12
AG
Feels like they're being to cute. This is crime bosses. Make it grittier. And coarse. Like sand
SpreadsheetAg
AG
wangus12 said:

Feels like they're being to cute. This is crime bosses. Make it grittier. And coarse. Like sand

Yep this feels like a sitcom almost. Why is Boba walking all around town instead of sending his lieutenants out to run his errands. Is what's-her-faces only role to critique Boba and woman-splain everything to him?

The rancor is definitely bait for a trap.

Black Krrsantan is going to save one of their lives down the road. Life debt must be paid.

Swoop-Vespa race scene was bad bad.

This director sucks.
aTmLoKi
AG
Big miss in that episode. Even the little ones in my house thought it was pathetic.
Tergdor
AG
If I was an actor and involved in that "chase," I think I'd ask for my name to be taken out of the credits after prescreening.

Also lol at the dude in a bright red, easily identifiable speeder acting as a spy while 200 feet away from the ramp of the ship.
jokershady
AG
I've been wanting to like this series….episode one was just good enough to make me want to come back to watch number 2.

E2 was much better.

But wow….this one sucked and sucked hard….biker gang all around was terrible writing and the chase was simply embarrassing….

And I realized up to this point we haven't really seen Fett (present day) fight much at all…..got jumped in E1 and got his butt kicked…..didn't fight in E2…..and in E3 he gets but kicked by a wookie and then has his hipster biker gang "chase" down the lamest bad guy I've ever seen in Star Wars.

Honestly the best of the episode was a good joke/nod to the Star Wars Holiday Special. When Fett is talking about riding the Rancor he mentions, "I've ridden beasts 10 times this size." Clearly a nod to his first appearance in Star Wars which was the cartoon portion of the holiday special where he shows up riding some sort of dinosaur looking creature…..thought that was pretty good
AliasMan02
AG
That was the worst high speed chase in the history of cinema.
maroon barchetta
It's supposed to be a land "speeder".

I'm not seeing it.
AliasMan02
AG
I can't decide if Fett wanting to ride a rancor is epic and cool or just over the top corny.

I thought he was gonna keep Krrsantan as his beast at first, a la Chewie in Solo. That would've been ice cold.
The Lost
wangus12 said:

Yup, like I said a few pages ago, fett needs to be rated MA and gritty, not 70's dance crew going for a stroll through town after milkshakes at the diner. Good god that whole group is terrible. Disney gonna Disney and mess this one up. It's bad, especially for such a short season.
PatAg
AG
The show is just not well made, has bad acting, has bad action, the storytelling is weak so far.
We're all going to keep watching it because it's Star Wars, but it is very disappointing.
They should have just cast an actor that could more believably do stunt scenes, or just pop his helmet on and let the stunt double go to work.

It just feels like the people making it don't really get star wars, which is strange since most of them made Mandalorian. (or so Id assume)
Sq1dvm
AG
Hated the steampunk clothes and colored speeder bikes (I keep seeing Hank and Dean from Venture Bros on their dorky hover bikes). Actually liked seeing them use their cyborg stuff in a fight. Loved Trejo and the Rancor stuff. Interested to see what happens with the Pikes now vs TR times. Also liked the Easter eggs. No idea how to spell it, gonna try "maylooron"? fruit from Rebels made me chuckle. Also isn't the spiked stormtrooper helmets from one of the Battlefront levels?
JD Shellnut
AG
Jeez, what a cheesy episode. The hipster scooter gang is just too much. They don't look like they could fight their way out of a wet paper sack. And apparently you can be ***** slapped by a Wookie several times and just get right back up, no problem.
redline248
AG
Quote:

Disney gonna Disney and mess this one up.
I can't help but wonder if this Favreau and Filoni getting sick of studio interference and sabotaging the show. It was so bad that it's almost unbelievable that it wasn't on purpose.

"The Pikes are going to war"

"We'll be ready!"

Not with 2 pigs and a group of DnD nerds
fig96
AG
I can't process how that chase scene was brought to us by the same guy that gave us Desperado.
C@LAg
The sarlacc died so that this show could live.
tk for tu juan
Bryce Dallas Howard is the director of the next episode, so we will see Boba Fett running from raptors on a speeder
TXAGFAN
AG
I am not a Star Wars fanboy, but I typically enjoy the movies and I liked Mandalorian. Not a highly developed point of view, but I just do not care about a single character in this show or the plot. Pretty sure I'm out after this week's episode.

I'm not even sure what part of the plot happened first between the two storylines they alternate between.
SpreadsheetAg
AG
I'm in for one more (oh hell probably all of them) - but I hope this director is done...

Ep4 - Bryce Dallas Howard
Ep5 - Kevin Tancharoen
Ep6 - not listed
Ep7 - not listed
The Collective
AG
SpreadsheetAg said:

I'm in for one more (oh he'll probably all of them) a but I hope this director is done

Probably give him a movie trilogy soon
Definitely Not A Cop
AG
Apache
AG
Quote:

The show is just not well made, has bad acting, has bad action, the storytelling is weak so far.
Boba Fett, the badass Bounty Hunter we knew from the original trilogy & The Mandalorian is gone.
The directors are using the NIL to promote the show but have given him an entirely different persona than the one that made everyone like him.

Boba Fett was the Star Wars version of The Man With No Name.... Clint Eastwood. Mysterious, laconic, stoic badass killer. They've turned him into the Fredo Corleone of the Mos Espa crime world.

Bruce Almighty
AG
I'm almost at giving up point. I really have no desire to watch the next episode, and if I do, it's because it's Star Wars.
FightinTexasAg15
AG
I know we're harping on it but that chase scene was BAD. The goon squad riding them were cheesy, the color scheme of the scooters didn't match and that slow chase was just ridiculous. How did this make it through to the final cut

I'll keep watching but not the biggest fan so far
Cinco Ranch Aggie
AG
I gotta admit, this show has been an incredible disappointment. During that so-called high-speed chase in Mos Espa, I told my wife that the brightly colored speeders just did not feel like something one would find in a galaxy far, far away. It's not that vehicles don't have colors on them, but those colors just felt like something one would find at the local shopping mall, the motorized "bikes" that they rent for the kids to ride, that kind of thing.
SpreadsheetAg
AG

SpreadsheetAg
AG
I couldnt tell if Danny Trejo was approving at the end, or if maybe this was a long con using the rancor for some future plot point by the Hutt Twins:

wangus12
AG
Its just so incredibly out of place in not only Tatooine, but Star Wars in general.
sburg2007
After the first episode, I thought everyone was over reacting. I didn't think it was awful. Some of the shots and cgi were not great, but I could see past it because it is "Star Wars." I thought last week's was much better especially on second watch. This week though, we are three in and I am here to eat my crow. It isn't good. The only thing I enjoyed was seeing the wookie again, although the entire scene was laughable. I thought it was going to get somewhere until he rolls up on the half droid wannabe biker gang.

The entire chase I sat with my jaw on the floor with just how poorly it was executed. I will keep watching because it is Star Wars and I generally can't get enough, but the was just plain sad. It almost felt like Biff's Hoverboard gang chasing Marty's Kid in Back to the Future 2 except set in the Sahara. Awful.
SpreadsheetAg
AG
RebAg13
AG
wangus12 said:

Its just so incredibly out of place in not only Tatooine, but Star Wars in general.
Something like those on Coruscant wouldn't bother me but hated them on tattooine
SpreadsheetAg
AG
When they said Cyborg Biker Gang, I was mentally picturing something more like this:

SpreadsheetAg
AG
RebAg13 said:

wangus12 said:

Something like those on Coruscant wouldn't bother me but hated them on tattooine
Good point... this "gang" of hipsters has a place, but Tatooine? Come on...
aggiepaintrain
AG
This is so bad I can't believe it

#done

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.