***USMNT 2019***

94,958 Views | 1288 Replies | Last: 4 yr ago by PatAg
Rudyjax
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Pahdz
One thing I love about Berhalter is he is marketing the **** out of US Soccer. Makin TV and radio appearances everywhere.

He's personal friends with Jim Rome and Rome's had him on no fewer than 3 times since he was hired. Hell he had him in studio this past week. If you didn't know, Rome for years was/is a noted hater of the game, but has given the USMNT great coverage since Berhalter was hired.
deadbq03
AG
Random news: Former RBNY Head Coach Jesse Marsch is going to be the new HC for RB Salzburg next season. He's currently an assistant for RB Leipzig and played a big part on bringing Tyler Adams there. I wouldn't be surprised to see Adams follow Marsch on loan so he gets another year under his mentorship. The two RB clubs are obviously affiliated so deals come pretty easily between the two.

Also, Marsch is a name to follow. I don't think we've got too many Americans coaching in Europe... Hopefully we're not due for a USMNT coaching change for a long time, but when that time comes, he'd be an intriguing choice if he's added success in Europe to his successful MLS resume.

Edit to add that Salzburg is well on course to win their league which would put them straight into the Group Stage of CL. So it's definitely a good position for Marsch and would still be a quality club for Adams if my hunch about that possible move is correct.
texagbeliever
Why would a guy who starts for a champions league team go to play in Austria? I dont see why Tyler would even be open. To moving much less the club.
akm91
AG
deadbq03 said:

I wouldn't be surprised to see Adams follow Marsch on loan so he gets another year under his mentorship. The two RB clubs are obviously affiliated so deals come pretty easily between the two.
I don't think Tyler's going to a lower league since he's been pretty much a regular in Leipzig's lineup. When he's been fit, he's been starting (9 starts, 2 subs).
"And liberals, being liberals, will double down on failure." - dedgod
akm91
AG
Woah, jinx!
"And liberals, being liberals, will double down on failure." - dedgod
deadbq03
AG
Y'all are probably right, but Adams has been under Marsch's mentorship in NY and Leipzig. I'm definitely not suggesting there'd be a transfer, but I think a loan is possible. It's not hard to imagine that a good part of Adams' success at Leipzig has been due to having an American mentor.

Add to the equation that Leipzig are bringing in a new manager this summer (their Sporting Director is double-dipping this year as interim manager).

All that said, I agree it's not very likely. And I certainly don't want it to happen... but sadly I bring a Murphy's Law perspective as a fan.
Rudyjax
AG
Out in Left Field
AG
Pulisic scores another today

Pound the Rock
AG
Out in Left Field said:

Pulisic scores another today

And won the free kick for alcacers goal.

He probably should've had another one in the second half but man he was a stud on the field. Probably the best performance for either side today.
Pound the Rock
AG
Another goal for pulisic this week. Been Dortmund's best player when starting these last few weeks.
Rudyjax
AG
Entourageag07 said:

Another goal for pulisic this week. Been Dortmund's best player when starting these last few weeks.

He's back in form and playing really well.

Hopefully he can avoid the hacking of CONCACAF and continue to play well.
Pound the Rock
AG
Rudyjax said:

Entourageag07 said:

Man if Hazard somehow stayed at Chelsea, the two of them together would be a show week in and week out.
Rudyjax
AG
I'm pretty sure he got a concussion on that goal. Either from his head to the ground or on the keeper. Hope he didn't.

They really do spuds poor job evaluating in soccer because of the sub rules.

Glad he got subbed and got the standing O.
Rudyjax
AG
Ag by Vows
Entourageag07 said:

Rudyjax said:

Entourageag07 said:

Man if Hazard somehow stayed at Chelsea, the two of them together would be a show week in and week out.
Unfortunately, as long as Sarri is the coach and can choose the style of play, any such show will be diminished by coaching. Really hope Sarri gets replaced for Pulisic's sake.
Rudyjax
AG
PatAg
AG
Rudyjax said:

I'm pretty sure he got a concussion on that goal. Either from his head to the ground or on the keeper. Hope he didn't.

They really do spuds poor job evaluating in soccer because of the sub rules.

Glad he got subbed and got the standing O.
He didnt make contact with the keep, and his head didnt hit the ground...
Rudyjax
AG
Ok.
Rudyjax
AG
OregonAggie
AG
Thanks for sharing that. I wish the kid the best and was very happy to see the sending off.

I don't know if he'll be the star we want him to be but I damn well hope he is.
jeffk
AG
I posted this on the U20 WC thread but figured it belongs here too. The U17s clinched their spot in their WC Saturday as well. Claudio Reyna's kid scored five goals during their qualifying games.
Rudyjax
AG
Chef Demas 2020
AG
What are some thoughts on Tyler Boyd? LW/ST who is a dual national with New Zealand. He is 24 and is holding out for the US to come calling....

He had 5 goals and 3 assists in the Super Lig this year....
deadbq03
AG
salloh_tamu said:

What are some thoughts on Tyler Boyd? LW/ST who is a dual national with New Zealand. He is 24 and is holding out for the US to come calling....

He had 5 goals and 3 assists in the Super Lig this year....
Had to look him up. As interesting as his story is, I gotta think that at age 24, with 4+ years since he last played in friendlies for the NZ senior team, he ought to be cap-tied by one of the two countries already if he were worth taking another look at right now.

Add in the fact that he's been loaned out two years in a row by his Portuguese club and it seems like he's a case of a guy who looked very promising as a youngster but it never really worked out.

Of course, this is my 5 minute opinion as a half-moron, so it's probably not worth much.
Rudyjax
AG
I follow a ton of people on Twitter that constantly talk about Americans. He's never mentioned.
Chef Demas 2020
AG
Haha I do as well and that's how I learned of his name. One of the USMNT twitters I follow is a big advocate for him but mainly when another Twitter I follow is gushing over MLS talent...

He's a dual citizen who has played in friendlies with NZ refusing to be capped because he is apparently waiting for the USMNT to come calling.
PatAg
AG
Americansoccernow had an article on him back in December. Making it in Portugal is no small accomplishment.
PatAg
AG
PatAg said:

Americansoccernow had an article on him back in December. Making it in Portugal is no small accomplishment.

We also still let a lot of players slip through the cracks over the last 2 decades
jeffk
AG
U17s beat Canada 4-0 to get to their Concacaf championship game.
deadbq03
AG
PatAg said:

PatAg said:

We also still let a lot of players slip through the cracks over the last 2 decades
Wondon't know what you're talking about.
deadbq03
AG
And on second glance, after reading this article, I don't think it'd be dumb to call him up.

https://halfspaces.com/under-the-microscope-tyler-boyd/
Chef Demas 2020
AG
I'd love to see us give him a chance. Can't be worse than the other options tbh.
jeffk
AG
It could always be worse.
Pound the Rock
AG
Another assist for Pulisic today in his final game with Dortmund. Nice goal for tap in by Marco Reus.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.