***USMNT 2019***

94,881 Views | 1288 Replies | Last: 4 yr ago by PatAg
Dre_00
How long do you want to ignore this user?
FIFA granted Tyler Boyd a one time switch from NZ to US. Expect to see him at the GC. 24 yr old winger playing well for a Turkish team that was promoted to the Super Lig this season. He's on loan from a Portuguese club.
Dre_00
I just realized 90% of that post was already mentioned here so long story short, Tyler Boyd officially transferred to the US.
PatAg
AG
Still interesting info
Rudyjax
AG

No Yedlin as expected.

No Brooks means his knee is probably worse than initially thought.
Rudyjax
AG
deadbq03
AG
Adams starting in the DFB Cup final on ESPN news right now if anyone's bored...
OregonAggie
AG
Dre_00 said:

I just realized 90% of that post was already mentioned here so long story short, Tyler Boyd officially transferred to the US.

I'm so knowledgeable about soccer that I feel I already know 90% of what's going on. Thank you for contributing the other 10%.
Pound the Rock
AG
Rudyjax said:

Thanks for those highlights. This kid looks like a sure starter and should contribute a lot and early.
PatAg
AG
http://www.americansoccernow.com/articles/after-switching-to-represent-the-u-s-team-boyd-exicited-for-the-future
PatAg
AG

this and his Waldo take he retweeted, it should be simple.

I think these will always be my favorite, and they are unique as well as actually having meaning regarding our nation.
ChipFTAC01
AG
If I were king of America or US Soccer or whatever, making Waldos our permenant jerseys would be my #1 priority. You can still make a new one on an annual basis with adding a color or widening stripes. Or whatever.
jeffk
AG
Very pro-Waldos here too.
Pahdz
The red with diagonal sash will always be my favorite, must include the collar
PatAg
AG
I just don't get how Nike seems to completely not get it. I'm all for them coming up with new/interesting 3rd jerseys, but at least our home jersey should be permanent (maybe small changes)
Rudyjax
AG
The bottom is awesome.

ChipFTAC01
AG
For thowe of you that are involved in official supporters groups, is the love for Waldos pretty widespread among the fan base?
deadbq03
AG
Man I love the Waldos. And that refresh is awesome.
PatAg
AG
ChipFTAC01 said:

For thowe of you that are involved in official supporters groups, is the love for Waldos pretty widespread among the fan base?

The watch parties I've been to in fort Worth and Dallas, that Jersey is pretty prevalent. And whenever I wear mine people always comment on it positively.

I think a lot of people also just buy the current cycles jersey to wear when you get into world cup and qualifying.
Bryan98
AG
deadbq03 said:

Man I love the Waldos. And that refresh is awesome.

Indeed. I didn't love the Waldos when we wore them, and I was too cheap at the time to buy a soccer jersey, but I've grown to love them. A reissue with the new crest would be a slam dunk that would sell like hotcakes.

I also love the Gold Cups. Hoops should be our home kit identity. That red sash concept above would make a sweet away kit, as well.

My personal US jersey ranking:

1) Gold Cups
2) Waldos
3) Centennials
4) less sure here, probably the red with blue sash from the Donovan era

I do like the two kits for the USWNT this year. The red at least has sublimated hoops. I wonder if I would have loved last year's fading hoop kits if we'd made the World Cup? As it is, I didn't buy either, although I've considered it.
"Texas - It's still America down here!"
Rudyjax
AG
I had no idea what you guys meant by Waldo.

PatAg
AG
Where's Waldo books arent a thing anymore?
Rudyjax
AG
PatAg said:

Where's Waldo books arent a thing anymore?

They weren't around when I was a kid and it's been so long since my kids were little.

Couldn't put 2+2 to equal 4.
deadbq03
AG
Adams named a Top 10 signing for the year by Bundesliga.com:

https://www.bundesliga.com/en/bundesliga/news/gnabry-alcacer-trapp-adams-the-top-10-bundesliga-signings-2018-19-4776
PatAg
AG
Pulisic and Adams wont be playing on Wednesday
Rudyjax
AG
PatAg said:

Pulisic and Adams wont be playing on Wednesday
They're like the most exciting players on the squad. It's all about my entertainment Berholter!!

Rudyjax
AG

Stunned by this.
DeangeloVickers
AG
After yesterday Im not. He cant finish against Jamaica....how can we expect him to against better competition
akm91
AG
I guess he's going to be on the U-23 squad?
"And liberals, being liberals, will double down on failure." - dedgod
wangus12
AG
Ryno01 said:

After yesterday Im not. He cant finish against Jamaica....how can we expect him to against better competition
To be fair, he had absolutely no service from a non-existent midfield and I thought he was our best player on the field. I also think Robinson should be in the squad as well.
Hickory High
AG
wangus12 said:

Ryno01 said:

To be fair, he had absolutely no service from a non-existent midfield and I thought he was our best player on the field. I also think Robinson should be in the squad as well.
I felt like Robinson was possibly the worst out of all of them yesterday. But maybe I'm wrong.
Rudyjax
AG
akm91 said:

I guess he's going to be on the U-23 squad?
Maybe. I read somewhere that he won't get released.
OregonAggie
AG
Gold Cup roster:

GOALKEEPERS (3): 12-Sean Johnson (New York City FC; 7/0), 22-Tyler Miller (LAFC; 0/0), 1-Zack Steffen (Columbus Crew SC; 9/0)

DEFENDERS (8): 14-Tyler Adams (RB Leipzig/GER; 10/1), 3-Omar Gonzalez (Toronto FC/CAN; 50/3), 2-Nick Lima (San Jose Earthquakes; 3/0), 23-Aaron Long (New York Red Bulls; 5/0), 16-Daniel Lovitz (Montreal Impact/CAN; 4/0), 19-Matt Miazga (Chelsea/ENG; 13/1), 13-Tim Ream (Fulham/ENG; 29/1), 5-Walker Zimmerman (LAFC; 6/2)

MIDFIELDERS (6): 4-Michael Bradley (Toronto FC/CAN; 145/17), 20-Duane Holmes (Derby County/ENG; 1/0), 8-Weston McKennie (Schalke/GER; 8/1), 10-Christian Pulisic (Chelsea/ENG; 25/10), 15-Cristian Roldan (Seattle Sounders FC; 10/0), 6-Wil Trapp (Columbus Crew SC; 16/0)

FORWARDS (6): 17-Jozy Altidore (Toronto FC/CAN; 110/41), 7-Paul Arriola (D.C. United; 22/3), 21-Tyler Boyd (Vitoria Guimaraes/POR; 0/0), 18-Jonathan Lewis (Colorado Rapids; 4/0), 11-Jordan Morris (Seattle Sounders FC; 27/5), 9-Gyasi Zardes (Columbus Crew SC; 44/7
Rudyjax
AG
16 out of 23 MLS for the Gold Cup.

10 out of 23 MLS for the U20 World Cup.

I wouldn't be surprised if the U20 team would beat that 11 last night.

DeangeloVickers
AG
And to be fair everyone is better than Morris

ANd not sure how you can put Bradley on here and say we are playing for the next World Cup
PatAg
AG
What the actual ****

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.