***USMNT 2019***

93,380 Views | 1288 Replies | Last: 4 yr ago by PatAg
Thunder18
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
What a stupid way to give up a goal
wangus12
AG
god we're terrible
BQ_00
AG
Second match in a row where Steffen makes a lazy pass from goal. Almost cost him against Jamaica. Did cost him today.
Rudyjax
AG
stillmerk said:

That wasn't offside?
Not sure how it wasn't. No VAR?
wangus12
AG
Needed a better ball there from Boyd and its a tap in
wangus12
AG
Man that replay and Steffan getting pissed at his midfield for his dumbass mistake
PatAg
AG
I'll also say, while giving up that goal on an error like that is frustrating, it can be part of learnign a new system and is something that Steffen can easily work on/correct. Id rather a goal like that, than one where they just dominated us in the buildup
PatAg
AG
wangus12 said:

Man that replay and Steffan getting pissed at his midfield for his dumbass mistake
Yea, I think Stu didnt do a good job of explaining it. Mckennie didnt work back to give Steffen another option in a tight spot
PatAg
AG
I Am Mine said:

stillmerk said:

That wasn't offside?
That's an excellent question, I saw a screencap on twitter that showed him clearly offsides
wangus12
AG
Does anyone else dislike that our advertising is half english, half spanish?
PatAg
AG
Say what you want about younger levels of play, but the U-20 team had an excellent understanding amongst each other on how to actually press as a team. Speaking to what Stu was talking about regarding pressure
Gordo14
This iteration of the US national team is terrible. I miss Donovan and Dempsey
wangus12
AG
Our defense is such a joke
PatAg
AG
Midfield playing pathetic, almost like we have a glaring lack of quality in one position
Pound the Rock
AG
Just weak across the board. Bummer. Was hoping for better news today.
Dre_00
I Am Mine said:

stillmerk said:

That wasn't offside?

No VAR for this game.
Pound the Rock
AG
PatAg said:

Midfield playing pathetic, almost like we have a glaring lack of quality in one position

We are bad in midfield. We have to get trapp out of there and think about Adams getting in there with McKennie.
PatAg
AG
Lima gets the ball played into him 25 yards out and doesnt even consider making an attacking play. One touch, turns around and plays backwards
Pound the Rock
AG
Boyd looks promising. Just need more players like him.
Pound the Rock
AG
Good strike from McKennie
PatAg
AG
Entourageag07 said:

PatAg said:

We are bad in midfield. We have to get trapp out of there and think about Adams getting in there with McKennie.
I mean, thats obviously going to be the top lineup, so Ill worry more when we play like this with our starters. But you also need depth for qualifying, which is concerning.

Great ball in from Lima, and Mcknennie unlucky. Of course they hit the post and it goes right back into the box for a goal. We have a save just trickle out for a corner
wangus12
AG
Boyd gonna be asking to transfer back to New Zealand
wangus12
AG
Nah man, Adams gonna get played in defense because that makes sense
PatAg
AG
We aren't being outplayed to a 3-0 score. Watch Roldan standing still on the front line for the first 5 seconds of our press, if he does his job that long ball doesnt get played
Pound the Rock
AG
Wow. Rondon just worked his ass over. Difference between Premier League and MLS.
wangus12
AG
Yeah Berhalter's system isn't working
Pahdz
Oof, I agree we aren't getting outplayed to a 3-0 score but we're getting out played. I'm seeing lazy play and that **** is infuriating
PatAg
AG
If only we had a striker with the individual quality to score a goal like that. We do, we left him off the Gold Cup roster. and the players with the ability to hit that ball in aren't playing in this game or against Jamaica
Thunder18
AG
Time to switch over to the nations league final
PatAg
AG
wangus12 said:

Yeah Berhalter's system isn't working
I understand that he wants us to have players step up and show they can play in this system if Pulisic, Adams, and so on aren't available. I feel like if this is the level some of them can play at, it should have been apparent in practice.
oragator
I am not someone who overreacts, and Berhalter deserves time to get his system and players in place.

But this is downright embarrassing, missing players or not. And everyone needs to be at least a bit concerned,
wangus12
AG
Lets just shut the senior program down and play the young guys. If you are over the age of 24, your ass doesn't get called up
PatAg
AG
oragator said:

I am not someone who overreacts, and Berhalter deserves time to get his system and players in place.

But this is downright embarrassing, missing players or not. And everyone needs to be at least a bit concerned,
Right now, this just has me very concerned about depth (which I already was), and we we will really need youth players to be ready early over the next couple years. Or I guess someone to develop with their club.

Suddenly a lot more pressure on the starters in the Gold Cup.
PatAg
AG
I would be booing my ass off if I was there.
PatAg
AG
Removing the mistake on first goal, 2-0 is probably fair. We created about 4-5 good chances, and 1 really good one so its not completely horrible. But the bad stuff was just so poor its hard to even care about the good stuff.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.