***USMNT 2019***

94,432 Views | 1288 Replies | Last: 4 yr ago by PatAg
akm91
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Looks like Acosta's cut from the roster may be due to possibly him moving abroad.

Quote:

But ASN has also learned that a seven-figure transfer bid for Acosta from an English team was rejected. By virtue of his 2017 World Cup qualifying and Gold Cup performances, the Texan actually qualifies automatically for a UK Work Permit.

The reasons for the rejection are probably many. Acosta is an important part of the plans for the Colorado Rapids and finding a replacement at this moment might be difficult. Also, FC Dallas owns a percentage of his rights from the trade last year, so Colorado would not see close to the full amount.
Even though the bid was rejected, there is still time left in the window for another bid to come in.

Acosta possible move abroad?
PatAg
AG
akm91 said:

Looks like Acosta's cut from the roster may be due to possibly him moving abroad.

Quote:

But ASN has also learned that a seven-figure transfer bid for Acosta from an English team was rejected. By virtue of his 2017 World Cup qualifying and Gold Cup performances, the Texan actually qualifies automatically for a UK Work Permit.

The reasons for the rejection are probably many. Acosta is an important part of the plans for the Colorado Rapids and finding a replacement at this moment might be difficult. Also, FC Dallas owns a percentage of his rights from the trade last year, so Colorado would not see close to the full amount.
Even though the bid was rejected, there is still time left in the window for another bid to come in.

Acosta possible move abroad?
It's one thing if it was a bad situation for Acosta to go to. If they are rejecting it cuz they dont want to lose him, then that is BS.
akm91
AG
Maybe not enough money. I think FC Dallas still would get a percentage of the transfer fee.
Ferg
USMNT playing Panama at 7PM tonight!
DeangeloVickers
AG
Rudyjax
AG
deadbq03
AG
Equally as important for me, Leipzig has scored 7 goals and conceded none in the two games Adams has played.

I'm not saying it's Adams...

...but it's Adams.
OregonAggie
AG
Rudyjax said:

Man it'll be awesome if this kid really blossoms there as many think he will.
stillmerk
AG
Weah had an assist and goal today. I know it's just the SPL, but he's killing it there.
Rudyjax
AG
Basketball and Chain
AG
Assist and goal videos linked in this article

https://www.si.com/soccer/2019/02/03/tim-weah-celtic-goal-assist-watch-usa
stillmerk
AG
Only had 15 minutes in that game too.
(I don't know why the winking icon is up there)
heddleston
AG
All those other guys played for Rangers. Is Weah the first American Celtic player? I've feel like we had a keeper there at one point maybe
OregonAggie
AG
As you said, I know it's just the SPL but this is going to make him even more confident. I hope the kid turns this into a place at PSG next year.
gig them
AG
I've always wondered how that works for strikers. We always seemed to get Jozy's best efforts when he was banging home weekly goals in Holland, even though the defense there is famously suspect.

There's something to be said for getting these guys playing time in lower leagues, getting them confident (even if the opposition is poor), and having them don the red/white/blue while their confidence is sky high.
OregonAggie
AG
I fully agree with that. I feel like Jozy should've just tore up the Eridivisie instead of moving to the EPL.

He really is the best example of this from a US perspective.
Juan Solo
AG
Anyone else going to the USA vs Chile game? just got my presale tickets.
Texaggie7nine
Juan Solo said:

Mind sharing a code with a brotha?

Nevermind found one in my email

H3Texan
7nine
PatAg
AG
OregonAggie said:

I fully agree with that. I feel like Jozy should've just tore up the Eridivisie instead of moving to the EPL.

I feel like the problem is they tend to go from a good team in the league they are in, to teams with no offense in better leagues.
gig them
AG
PatAg said:

OregonAggie said:

I feel like the problem is they tend to go from a good team in the league they are in, to teams with no offense in better leagues.

Yeah, that move to Hull during their time in the PL was rough. He basically played alone and fed off scraps for 90% of those matches.
Bryan98
AG
Juan Solo said:

I'm going. Definitely planning to attend the AO Tailgate party beforehand. The one for USA v Argentina was a ton of fun. For those who haven't done it, they tailgate for hours and then march into the stadium singing. Several TexAggers were at that one; we should meet up this time as well.
Rudyjax
AG
Rudyjax
AG
deadbq03
AG
Adams on the bench today after 3 starts in 11 days. The right choice for his fitness, but I was hoping to be able to watch him finally... timing didnt work out for me on any of the previous three (Sun, Fri, Weds).

Edit: off the bench @ 90+1, in a game where Leipzig dominated the 2nd half but bad luck kept the ball out of the goal. Nothing to see from Adams, but it's nice to see Leipzig clearly want to get him in games and his entry was well-received by the fans.
deadbq03
AG
Also, in other news, the tickets for the Chile game in Houston are finally available in the USMNT site. Sadly, it comes on the heels of a business trip for me so I'm not gonna get a kitchen pass for it, but hopefully some of y'all can have fun there that evening.
Rudyjax
AG
akm91
AG
Sancho and Pulisic in the lineup at the same time!
jeffk
AG
Womp womp.
Rudyjax
AG
jeffk said:

Womp womp.

Seemed weird on the spurs fan to have someone rooting against Pulisic.

I'm going to be Chelsea fan next season.
deadbq03
AG
Nifty move and pass by Adams today...

stillmerk
AG
I didn't expect him to be getting these minutes and contributing this early.
PatAg
AG
deadbq03 said:

Nifty move and pass by Adams today...

Getting over the tackle was a lucky bounce. Reading the run from the forward, and making the sharp cut into the center of the field before making the pass was the really nice part of that play to me. Soccer brain
PatAg
AG
Josh Sargent signed a big extension with Werder Bremen.
10Aggie10
AG
the battle for Efrain Alvarez may soon be over. both national teams plan on calling him up for Gold Cup 2019, and he'll be cap-tied to whoever he answers the call
Rudyjax
AG
10Aggie10 said:

the battle for Efrain Alvarez may soon be over. both national teams plan on calling him up for Gold Cup 2019, and he'll be cap-tied to whoever he answers the call

Viva la Mexico.

That's my guess.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.