***USMNT 2019***

94,803 Views | 1288 Replies | Last: 4 yr ago by PatAg
Rudyjax
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Pahdz said:

This is exactly what I was thinking to myself today while out on the road and listening to SiriusXM FC radio all day (why did I do that?). I was thinking it seems like he's trying to have the guys run set plays all the time like football. Glad I wasn't alone.

Except everyone is a QB and everyone is a WR.
OregonAggie
AG
Sorry I was wearing my MAGA hat last weekend and I must've gotten sensitive !
tysker
AG
Pahdz said:

This is exactly what I was thinking to myself today while out on the road and listening to SiriusXM FC radio all day (why did I do that?). I was thinking it seems like he's trying to have the guys run set plays all the time like football. Glad I wasn't alone.

So when can we start referring to Berhalter as soccer's version of Noel Mazzone? We can call Craig's RPO-like system the 'Bore and Halter'
Dre_00
File this under "It may not be true but it definitely sounds like it could be true"

PatAg
AG
Dre_00 said:

File this under "It may not be true but it definitely sounds like it could be true"

Didn't someone already link an article with the GK coach of the u20 wc team saying this? Doesn't make it any less dumb, though I'm not convinced Tab Ramos is much better. He made some significant lineup mistakes imo.
PatAg
AG

We've talked about this a couple times, but this Twitter thread is pretty good. I think his u23 team would beat the teams gregggg has been putting out.
fig96
AG
PatAg said:

Dre_00 said:

Didn't someone already link an article with the GK coach of the u20 wc team saying this? Doesn't make it any less dumb, though I'm not convinced Tab Ramos is much better. He made some significant lineup mistakes imo.
He also took our U-20 to the quarterfinals of the U-20 World Cup, losing by a goal in the group stage to the eventual champs.

Berhalter has a slightly over .500 record in MLS.
PatAg
AG
Definitely would have chosen him over Gregg, and would take him right now if that was available as an option.
I'm just saying there were numerous better options than Ramos that were ignored as well.
DeangeloVickers
AG
Nepotism sucks
fig96
AG
No argument there, safe to say pretty much all the options were ignored unfortunately.
PatAg
AG
https://www.cbssports.com/soccer/news/fabian-johnson-says-he-wants-back-in-with-usmnt-awaits-call-up-from-gregg-berhalter-down-the-road/

what the ****. Look at who we have called up instead
mrmill3218
AG
Everything is just so laughably bad. The fact that berhalter calls in Lovitz over Johnson is just so absurd and maddening.
Rudyjax
AG
Our u20 team would've wiped the floor of our USMNT.

Not because they're better individually, the USMNT is playing slow because they play in such a complicated system they can't play.
OregonAggie
AG
if that's what Johnson said to GB in March then shame on GB for not bringing him to the Gold Cup. As far as the last call ups, Johnson has been hurt so he wouldn't have been available vs Canada or Cuba.

His ass better be on the roster for our next Nationa League games if healthy.
PatAg
AG
OregonAggie said:

if that's what Johnson said to GB in March then shame on GB for not bringing him to the Gold Cup. As far as the last call ups, Johnson has been hurt so he wouldn't have been available vs Canada or Cuba.

Yea, I was thinking more since Gregg took over. I think we all just assumed Fabian just wanted to concentrate on his club career. I actually think I remember reading an article stating that too, but perhaps not.
OregonAggie
AG
PatAg said:

OregonAggie said:

Yea, I was thinking more since Gregg took over. I think we all just assumed Fabian just wanted to concentrate on his club career. I actually think I remember reading an article stating that too, but perhaps not.

I remember a few of us having a conversation about Fabian on this board. Hell you were probably part of it and I remember that article too.

Didn't he get exiled by Bruce Arena because Ol Bruce thought we used too many Germericans?
Rudyjax
AG
Who was the Germerican who told Wood not to give all for country and save it for club?
Pahdz
Sounds like a Timmy Chandler line
jeffk
AG
Pretty confident it was Chandler.
Rudyjax
AG
Thanks.
deadbq03
AG
I Am Mine said:

Who was the Germerican who told Wood not to give all for country and save it for club?
Good advice for a young player IMO. Whether they say it explicitly or not, everyone has this attitude when the rubber meets the road.

If international games were more important, you'd see guys retire from their clubs to save their bodies for their country (but instead you see the opposite); or you'd see guys take a week off from their clubs before international breaks so they can rest for their country (but instead, players who are fatigued/injured will use international breaks to rest for their club).

Even at the club level, a guy isn't gonna go full throttle against a relegation-tier club if there's a champions league match 3 days later.

It's nice to say "Always give 100%" but it's not practical.
Rudyjax
AG
Pulisic megs Dest for the game winning assist in Champions league.

Rudyjax
AG
This made me laugh.

fig96
AG
Tangentially related...and very surprising.

Rudyjax
AG
fig96 said:

Tangentially related...and very surprising.

Yikes.

Do the Berholter have another brother they can put in that place?
KCup17
AG
I've heard that Dest is deciding between USMNT and the Dutch this week
Rudyjax
AG
KCup17 said:

I've heard that Dest is deciding between USMNT and the Dutch this week

If it's because Pulisic meg'd him on the game winner.....
wangus12
AG
**** can we just hire Bob Bradley back. LA FC are fun to watch
OregonAggie
AG
wangus12 said:

**** can we just hire Bob Bradley back. LA FC are fun to watch

I would take him back in a heart beat. Hell I'd take Bora Mulitinovic over Berhalter...
OregonAggie
AG
Instead of getting Bradley back, can we dye Ibrahimovic's hair and play him as our striker??
astroboy
AG
I still love bunker Bob, but it would be so USSF to bring him back. We need new blood so bad.
TheMasterplan
Let's bring back Bob Bradley so we can start Ricardo Clark and Johnathan Bornstein again. **** me.
PatAg
AG
OregonAggie said:

Instead of getting Bradley back, can we dye Ibrahimovic's hair and play him as our striker??
Alan Abraham
PatAg
AG
astroboy said:

I still love bunker Bob, but it would be so USSF to bring him back. We need new blood so bad.
He's not bunkering with LAFC, perhaps he is a coach capable of changing tactics to suit his players strengths
BQ_00
AG
Sergino Dest chooses to stay with the American team. Good news!

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.