***USMNT 2019***

93,386 Views | 1288 Replies | Last: 4 yr ago by PatAg
oh no
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
That crappy field is only 110 x 70 yds
LeonardSkinner
This is playing out like one of those midweek high school games against a decent school with a less than decent team.

Not a whole lot of energy. Almost embarrassed to score goals. Not the sharpest play.
oragator
Did what they needed to do on a bad, small field, empty stadium, without some of our top guys...no complaints.
Rudyjax
AG
That was quite possibly the boringist soccer match in history.
GSPag`
It just looked amateur. I know the stadium did not help. But it just was slow.
Rudyjax
AG
Just glad they didn't kill Sargent and Pulisic didn't need that.

Mission accomplished.
Mathguy64
AG
It was slow because the grass had not been mowed in like 6 weeks. It was a cow pasture with lines and HS metal stands. It was pure CONCACAF and this team better get used to it. They will see it over and over again in the hex next year.
Rudyjax
AG
mathguy86 said:

It was slow because the grass had not been mowed in like 6 weeks. It was a cow pasture with lines and HS metal stands. It was pure CONCACAF and this team better get used to it. They will see it over and over again in the hex next year.
Cow pasture? Hyperbole?
ja86
AG
Foxymophandlemama said:

mathguy86 said:

Cow pasture? Hyperbole?
no not really...
Rudyjax
AG
ja86 said:

Foxymophandlemama said:

mathguy86 said:

Cow pasture? Hyperbole?
no not really...
So this field with stands and track and field equipment is used to feed cows? Really?
Rudyjax
AG
And is Morris the best American playing in the MLS?
PatAg
AG
Foxymophandlemama said:

ja86 said:

Foxymophandlemama said:

mathguy86 said:

Cow pasture? Hyperbole?
no not really...
So this field with stands and track and field equipment is used to feed cows? Really?
I don't know what to tell. Did you watch the game, did you see the condition the field was in? Have you ever seen a road CONCACAF game? This is the kind of crap field they put out. It is not an exaggeration to say all they did was put up stands around the field, without doing any more maintenance or groundskeeping to the field.
Ferg
It was played in the Caymen's where the total population is about 65K.
wangus12
AG
If I recall, most of the matches played on the islands are typically old cricket grounds or very, very old stadiums that are used as the Olympic training grounds for that country. Last night was the latter. These are countries that when they need to field a national team, they have local tryouts.

Thats why the old a new qualification system basically weeds out all the small nations so we don't have matches that are USA/Mexico vs Cuba/Barbados etc.
Rudyjax
AG
exactly.

The field sucked but it wasn't literally a cow pasture.

tysker
AG
It's a figure of speech, Bodie

Mathguy64
AG
Internet sarcasm is a hard thing. I guess I should have said "cow pasture "

Ok. Try this. It was a field that many high schools would be ashamed of. That I will say with a straight face because its true. It was as narrow as a HS field, the turf was loose and ripping up and it was left tall. The conditions of the pitch made for a bad match. It was classic CONCACAF.
Rudyjax
AG
I said Hyperbole and some one replied, no not really.

And they doubled down with this " . It is not an exaggeration to say all they did was put up stands around the field, without doing any more maintenance or groundskeeping to the field."

JJxvi
AG
Go get em tiger.
Rudyjax
AG
All water under the bridge. The field did suck, that we can agree on.

We can also agree that game showed nothing.

jeffk
AG
Eh, I'll take boring and dominating performances over lower-talent clubs in poor conditions. Lord knows we've seen worse and we're going to need results like that come Hex time.
Rudyjax
AG
jeffk said:

Eh, I'll take boring and dominating performances over lower-talent clubs in poor conditions. Lord knows we've seen worse and we're going to need results like that come Hex time.

Yeah.

And Sargent scored two. 2nd was from a nice save and pass by Boyd.
expresswrittenconsent
Foxymophandlemama said:

And they doubled down with this " . It is not an exaggeration to say all they did was put up stands around the field, without doing any more maintenance or groundskeeping to the field."

You're a literal idiot.
Rudyjax
AG
expresswrittenconsent said:

Foxymophandlemama said:

You're a literal idiot.

Webster's definition of literal or Oxford English definition of literal?

But yeah. I doubled down on the idiocy this morning. Sorry guys. Move along.
KCup17
AG
And with the biggest yawn ever the USMNT closes out 2019.
boogieman
AG
Foxymophandlemama said:

And Sargent scored two. 2nd was from a nice save and pass by Boyd.

That was pretty nice play.
oh no
AG
if the US had intentionally played guys on the lower half of the pool in order to evaluate or develop them, but also possibly to throw the games and NOT advance to the semi-finals of this stupid CONCACAF Nations League, would they then be able to schedule some real challenging friendlies in Europe or S. America in the international window next June instead of have to play more of these stupid CONCACAF games?
ChipFTAC01
AG
Didn't getting out of the group stage of the nation's league get them into the hex for wcq?
randy828
AG
ChipFTAC01 said:

Didn't getting out of the group stage of the nation's league get them into the hex for wcq?
I was wondering if this tournament was for anything, the only thing I found was that it was for Gold Cup status.

Quote:

Does the CONCACAF Nations League affect the Gold Cup?

Yes. the 2019 CONCACAF Nations League final tournament is also qualifying for the 2021 CONCACAF Gold Cup.
I was in the room here one day... watchin' the Mexican channel on TV. I don't know nothin' about Pele. I'm watchin' what this guy can do with a ball and his feet. Next thing I know, he jumps in the air and flips into a somersault and kicks the ball in - upside down and backwards... the dang (sc) goalie never knew what the hell hit him. Pele gets excited and he rips off his jersey and starts running around the stadium waving it around his head. Everybody's screaming in Spanish. I'
oh no
AG
oh. i thought it was worthless.
Mathguy64
AG
The group A winners for the nations league get auto qualified into the hex.
ChipFTAC01
AG
I thought I was reading that hex qualification was just top 6 in fifa rankings.
Rudyjax
AG
mathguy86 said:

I can't find this but this is what I thought too.
oh no
AG
mathguy86 said:

so USA & Mexico would qualify anyway so this CONCACAF Nations League really is worthless?
TRM
AG
ChipFTAC01 said:

I thought I was reading that hex qualification was just top 6 in fifa rankings.

This is correct. Which means US and Mexico are virtually guaranteed to advance to the Hex.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.