Chelsea 2012-2013 Thread

75,058 Views | 2234 Replies | Last: 10 yr ago by Gigem Trevas
Brick Tamland
How long do you want to ignore this user?
@chelseafc: Apologies for earlier ballboy tweet. Hazard has now met with the ballboy and has said sorry. #CFC

Earlier tweet:
@chelseafc: Has football gone mad? Hazard is sent off for kicking the ball under a ball boy attempting to smother the ball rather than return it. #CFC
Kampfers
AG
Hahaha. Oh well. I like how the ballboy rolls over to his right a little to block Hazard from reaching underneath him. Still should have never kicked him, that was dumb.

Funny though.
Enzo The Baker
AG
Hahaha. That's great. I'm completely okay with what he did. I'm not even convinced he kicked the boy.
Enzo The Baker
AG
And atleast he didn't Wenger the kid.
chunt75
Wenger? I hardly know her!

Sorry...some humor is called for during these dire times
TXAggie2011
AG
quote:
Hahaha. That's great. I'm completely okay with what he did. I'm not even convinced he kicked the boy.

It was stupid of him to be kicking at anything.
byfLuger41
AG
quote:
It was stupid of him to be kicking at anything.

It's horse **** the little ******* flopped on and covered up the ball.

Hypothetically, lets say Hazard does nothing and waits for the little **** to give the ball back. What would happen to the ballboy? I highly doubt he would be punished or not allowed on the pitch again. Let's wait and see what type of punishment 17 receives before I comment any further.
gobias
AG
Being a ball-boy these days sure is hazardous.
byfLuger41
AG
^^
TXAggie2011
AG
quote:
lets say Hazard does nothing and waits for the little **** to give the ball back. What would happen to the ballboy? I highly doubt he would be punished or not allowed on the pitch again. Let's wait and see what type of punishment 17 receives before I comment any further.

Well, he's already been sent off down 2 goals in a Cup Tie. And ironically, probably cost Chelsea time.

Its already not worth it, imo. He's a stupid little ballboy from Swansea for ****'s sake.

By the way, its a big leap between doing nothing and kicking at a ball boy or kicking at a ball being laid on or held by a ball boy.
byfLuger41
AG
The ball boys are just as accountable as the referees IMO. That **** was cheap as hell (Worse than El Tri players dropping like flies in the 90th minute with a one goal lead) and all of you Gunners/Red Devils would feel the same if the spectrum's were switched.

I wan't to see what his punishment is ASAP and the FA needs to put this **** to bed. Should Hazard have kicked him, no. Did the litter turd deserve it, by all means. Do I feel sorry for the 17 year old Charlie Morgan, not at all...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fPDYj3IMkRI
byfLuger41
AG
BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOM!!!!!

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2267864/Eden-Hazard-ball-boy-row-new-footage-supports-Belgian-claim-kicked-ball.html?ITO=1490&ns_mchannel=rss&ns_campaign=1490
Scriffer
AG
It's like the Zapruder Film of EPL!
TXAggie2011
AG
I'm personally not saying the kid isn't a little turd or didn't deserve a kick to the stomach.

I'm just saying it was dumb of Hazard to try to kick the ball out from under him.
Asitwere
AG
Sweet lord he toe pokes the ball out from under him, then he hops over him to dribble the ball away. And they are going to investigate? Really? Are they going to tape off the crime scene and do DNA tests? Dumbest bullS that I have seen in a while.

Did he really get a 3 game suspension for this officially?
TXAggie2011
AG
quote:
Did he really get a 3 game suspension for this officially?

3 games is automatic for a straight red card, subject to appeal.
Asitwere
AG
Ah, didn't see the game as it was on BEIN. Saw the clip however. I question the straight Red even.
byfLuger41
AG
http://bluechampions.com/2013/01/25/eden-hazard-red-card-must-be-rescinded/

Rescind that ****!
Dre_00
He deserves 3 games at least just for being an idiot. Ball boy shouldn't be allowed on pitch and I'd even fine the club for employing him.

If that had been a player, he'd have gotten a red and been suspended for multiple games even if he did get some of he ball because he also got some rib. Not sure why it should be different just because it was a ****** ball boy and not a ****** player.
byfLuger41
AG
quote:
He deserves 3 games at least just for being an idiot.

Completely disagree...what if he punched the ball out of a player or ball boys hands? Still a red? This entire incident is blown out of proportion.

He kicked the ball, not the ball boy! I think he will get 3 games because the FA coddles the media, but he doesn't deserve it.

The biggest tragedy with all of this kicking incident crap is it overshadows the fact that Swansea progressed to the final of a major (I know, I know) competition. Something they haven't done since 1963-64...
Old School Rucking
AG
Harry Redknapp nails it...

quote:
Hazard toe-poked the ball under the boy's body. Why is the kid lying on the ball in the first place?" he said. "You can imagine the frustration – you're a player trying to reach a cup final but there's this kid behaving like an idiot who won't give you the ball back.

Hazard didn't kick the kid, he kicked the ball underneath him, but the whole thing got blown out of all proportion. I can think of a lot of players who would have kicked a bit harder than he did. He just toe-poked the ball away.

The boy was tweeting before the game that he's a super time-waster. The way he behaved was disgusting.

http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/2013/jan/25/harry-redknapp-eden-hazard-ballboy
Pope Norman G.
All the pressure will be on Mata now to create. He and Hazard usually link up well and do the wandering behind the 9...interesting to see what will happen the next few games. Maybe Torres....haha, who the hell am I kidding.
Enzo The Baker
AG
17?! He should have used his studs.
Dre_00
quote:
Completely disagree...what if he punched the ball out of a player or ball boys hands? Still a red? This entire incident is blown out of proportion.

Well, considering he didn't punch it out of his hands, I'm not sure what your point is. That's like asking "What if he hadn't done anything at all? Still a red?"

quote:
He kicked the ball, not the ball boy! I think he will get 3 games because the FA coddles the media, but he doesn't deserve it.

He kicked the ball and the ball boy. You can show me all the camera angles you'd like but the second new found camera angle only proves that he made contact with the ball, not that he didn't touch the ball boy. I haven't seen anything that proves he didn't kick the ball boy and therefore he should be suspended.

Look, I'm not saying the ball boy isn't at fault and that he isn't a huge asshat. I wouldn't mind seeing Swansea (or clubs in the future) fined for their ball boys pulling blatant time wasting techniques but that doesn't mean Hazard is faultless. They're both idiots who deserve to be punished and defending Hazard just perpetuates the notion that Chelsea fans are absurdly tribal incapable of seeing any fault in their players even when it's blatant for all the world to see. Just more Chelsea apologists.
Kampfers
AG
Based on the rules being the way they are I think he should be suspended for 3 games. I think anything longer than that is ridiculous. The fact that so many players and managers are coming out and voicing their support of Hazard means something.
Asitwere
AG
Marin is no Hazard (yet) but they play a similar style. With Moses hurt / out for Africa Nations we might see more of him.

Old School Rucking
AG
Marin is real doodoo. We need Hazard back ASAP!
LondonOllie
Ulitimately it doesn't matter whether anyone things it should have been a red card, it doesn't matter if the kid was wasting time.

The rules of the game clearly state that violent conduct means ejection from the match.

If he and Chelsea thought that there had been time wasting going on, they needed to protest to the refs. You can't do what Hazard did as you leave the ref no other choice but to send you off, end of story.

byfLuger41
AG
quote:
Ulitimately it doesn't matter whether anyone things it should have been a red card, it doesn't matter if the kid was wasting time.

The rules of the game clearly state that violent conduct means ejection from the match.

If he and Chelsea thought that there had been time wasting going on, they needed to protest to the refs. You can't do what Hazard did as you leave the ref no other choice but to send you off, end of story.

TXAggie2011
AG
The FA has officially charged Hazard with violent conduct, saying the 3 game ban is "clearly insufficient."
Kampfers
AG
quote:

I agree. Thus my post above saying he should probably be suspended 3 games due to the rules of the game. But being suspended any longer than that is absurd.
chunt75
YOU ARE ****ING KIDDING ME 2-2 COMEBACK DRAW HAVING TO REPLAY A LOWER LEAGUE CLUB. WHAT THE ACTUAL ****??? GOD F***ING DAMMIT WE SUCK
byfLuger41
AG
What. The. ****.
Gigem Trevas
Just finished watching the game. Shoddy reffing is the reason why there is a replay. Brentford given a penalty on a clear dive. In stoppage time Brentford clearly handballs Mata's cross no penalty given.
Gigem Trevas
Middlesbrough will host the winner of the Chelsea and Brentford replay.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.