Chelsea 2012-2013 Thread

74,577 Views | 2234 Replies | Last: 10 yr ago by Gigem Trevas
Kampfers
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
I don't agree with the sacking at all. Winning the big one ought to buy more than a month of job security.

Rafa is a likely candidate for interim manager.

Honestly I'm not sure Pep is all that. IDK how much managerial talent it takes when you've got Lionel Messi and Co. wrecking shop. But if we hire him at least it will be interesting.

I don't think most Chelsea fans have a problem with RA. As Smith noted the club has experienced massive success under him and the fact that he has such high standards for the club is a good thing. I do think he gave his managers a longer leash sometime (although other times I feel the firings are spot on.) Mourinho and RDM should not have been canned. Ancelotti and AVB both needed to be shown the door (AVB more because he couldn't win the locker room than because he was a bad manager).

I can understand not liking the firings (I don't) and I can understand rival fans thinking the influx of cash into the game isn't a good thing (certainly an argument that has some merit), but if you're a Chelsea fan you have to appreciate what RA has done for the club.
Dre_00
I get that but he could do a lot more to establish some sense of stability at the club.
Asitwere
AG
RDM record as Chelsea Manager 24-9-9.
tremble
AG
What is Pep going to do at Chelsea?

Pep had the advantage of having basically raised the kids at Barcelona who ended up playing for him. La Masia works because there's a system in place and all players working their way up have to know it or at least be able to play it effectively.

I'm going to go ahead and argue the system doesn't even work without a Xavi, who unless I'm mistaken, there's only one of in the world.
Terk
AG
whew... this has been an interesting day!
Dre_00
It's official. Rafa Benitez is interim manager till end of the season.

There. Are. No. Words.
Dre_00
Of course it seems every Chelsea manager is interim manager till end of the season whether they know it or not.
Kampfers
AG
quote:
Of course it seems every Chelsea manager is interim manager till end of the season whether they know it or not.
byfLuger41
AG
quote:
It's official. Rafa Benitez is interim manager till end of the season.

There. Are. No. Words.

Mega ultra barf.

Enzo The Baker
Aston94
AG
quote:
I think you would be in the overwealming minority. Since Abramovich took over in 2003 Chelsea has won 10 major trophies - the most successful decade in the club's rich history.

Financially he has erased a debt of £166.6m putting the club in a positive equity position for the first time in God knows how long. New TV deals and other revenue streams will allow Chelsea to continue aggressive transfers and high player wages within their annual operating budgets.

I may be biased here. In fact I am a fan of Chelsea because of Abramovich. But you cannot argue with what he has achieved.

Maybe I would be in the minority, but I could not support a team with RA as the owner. Even the victories would seem hollow and less "earned".

He hasn't "erased" a debt, he has enough money to pour inti the team to cover the debt.

I wouldn't ever tell anyone who they should support, but I could never support a team who had all the success you listed while also having 9 managers in the last 9 years.

Just me.
byfLuger41
AG
And our fine ass trainer Eva Caniero left too! ****ing crap!
Enzo The Baker
byfLuger41
AG
quote:
And our fine ass trainer Eva Caniero left too! ****ing crap!

This is equally as disappointing.
Enzo The Baker
AG
Bigger loss than our one to MU this year.
Asitwere
AG
@jacobsben reports that Benitez was offered the job 8 days ago therefore the Juv game had nothing to do with it.
Asitwere
AG
Check out @jacobsben timeline. Good stuff..

Apparently Torres has been hobbled by a knee injury, or is at least the excuse for his poor play according to Benitez.
ja86
byfLuger41
AG
Don't care about my Blues, just left Ford Field after the Texans game mother ****ersssssss! Headed downstairs to the poker room at the MGM!
Gigem Trevas
According to Benitez, Lampard and Cole are set to leave this summer.
Kampfers
AG
quote:
According to Benitez, Lampard and Cole are set to leave this summer.

Disappointing that we won't resign Cole. He's still a great player. But Lampard is obviously not the same as he used to be, he rarely plays anyways. I'm hoping he moves to the MLS.
chunt75
Lampard has been along with JT the heart and soul of this team for a long while, but we need to step back and realize that after 3 or 4 injuries in the past two years (darn international duty...take better care of him!) that he's not what he used to be. Formation wise it's not even what quite suits him anymore. He's not an attacking midfielder, nor is he a pure holding mid. He's a stereotypical, 4-4-2 minded central mid. So with Oscar, Mata, and Hazard taking away the offensive part of the role he used to fulfill, coupled with injury, he's not a perfect fit for the squad anymore. I wish him the best, but the MLS would be best for him right now.
Asitwere
AG
quote:
Disappointing that we won't resign Cole. He's still a great player. But Lampard is obviously not the same as he used to be, he rarely plays anyways. I'm hoping he moves to the MLS.

I agree on Cole, he can play.

Our best back line IMO Ivanovich Cahill Terry Cole
byfLuger41
AG
Cole has added value too because he is British!
Gigem Trevas
Lineup for the game today.
Team: Cech (c); Azpili, Ivan, D Luiz, Cole; Ram, Mik; Mata, Oscar, Hazard; Torres. - subs: Turn, Fer, Cahill, Bert, Rom, Marin, Moses.
Old School Rucking
AG
Cole has been one of my favorite players. I really hate to seem him go with so much left in the tank.

Lampard is finished. Maybe he will come play in LA.
Gigem Trevas
Rough first half with both teams unable to do anything on offense. Glad it is still scoreless after Chelsea's recent performances.
Gigem Trevas
Tie game today. Call me crazy, but I actually thought Torres played fairly well today.
Enzo The Baker
AG
He looked better. Still going down too easy for my taste.
Asitwere
AG
Why does Marin get no playing time? He has been well for weeks now.
byfLuger41
AG
I was wondering the same thing, but where would he play and who would sit?
Asitwere
AG
How about:

Hazard Mata Marin
Torres

I think Oscar could sit some. Just would like to see some minutes.
chunt75
Push Hazard up to false 9. Not like we have a real 9, so we're not losing anything.
byfLuger41
AG
KTBFFH! Just because...
Gigem Trevas
Game today against Fulham at 1:45 central.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.