Chelsea 2012-2013 Thread

73,366 Views | 2234 Replies | Last: 10 yr ago by Gigem Trevas
mattvswild
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Not a Chelsea fan... I don't get the Rafa hate. Can someone explain that to me? It's not like he fired DiMateo so he could take the job himself.
chunt75
Over his tenure at Liverpool he made it a habit to take especially cheap shots at CFC and its supporters. It went beyond the arena of being "just mind games" and well into the personal. Supporters, myself included, wanted no part of having a manager who felt that way about our club: either he still believes those things (which would be unacceptable yet improbable) or changed his firmly cemented positions (a sign of weakness and lack of leadership, again not a characteristic you want to see in a manager). Also, Rafa does not develop youth or make that a priority: Chelsea's youth system at the moment is stacked. Finally, Rafa's obsession with zonal marking was a big worry when he was hired, as Chelsea's defense is not set up to do that.

Oh...and right after taking the job he told two club legends that they would be leaving. Definitely didn't endear him to the support.
Old School Rucking
AG
Rafa is an ever bigger hack tha RDM. Pep Guardiola or GTFO!
Enzo The Baker
AG
Chelsea to offer Pep £20,000,000/year in the summer according to ESPN.

http://soccernet.espn.go.com/news/story/_/id/1255488/abramovich-keen-to-lure-pep-with-L20m-a-season?cc=5901
Gigem Trevas
Falcao scored 5 today for Atlético.
Asitwere
AG
Romeu out 6 months with ACL injury.
byfLuger41
AG
shet
Asitwere
AG
Mata is a stud. 1-0 Chel #CWC
Asitwere
AG
Luiz looks to be playing defensive midfield.

Seems to be:
Cesar Cahill Ivanovich cole
Mikel Luiz
Asitwere
AG
Torres scores on a deflection 2 minutes into the 2nd half. 2-0 Chel

[This message has been edited by Asitwere (edited 12/13/2012 5:34a).]
Asitwere
AG
3-0 now. Mata crosses and they are calling it an own goal.
Gigem Trevas
Asitwere
AG
Transfer news in light of Romeu injury. Cheick Tiote

http://www.express.co.uk/posts/view/364561

gambochaman
AG
Lol
byfLuger41
AG
RA is to blame for all of this. The past 6 weeks have been nothing short of embarrassing. What a joke!
Asitwere
AG
The 66:30 mark or around there pretty much sums up how bad Torres can be.
chunt75
I just give up on this season. No fire, no passion, no effort. With hazard and mata and oscar you'd figure we'd be fine, but without a striker to fill in the gaps, and with a misfiring and aging defensive midfield (along with a spotty defense), there's not much to be done. Would not mind to see Torres, Mikel, possibly Lampard offloaded in favor of bringing in a new generation of deserving players.
Old School Rucking
AG
quote:
RA is to blame for all of this. The past 6 weeks have been nothing short of embarrassing. What a joke!

RA is one if the best owners in sports. Chelsea has nothing without him. RDM needed to go after last season and Abramovich caved to people wanting to give him a shot. RA will get the right people in place to move forward - no doubt!
Kampfers
AG
quote:
RDM needed to go after last season

Lol ok
Dre_00
quote:
RA is one if the best owners in sports.

Because he's worth $10 billion?

quote:
Chelsea has nothing without him.

That's probably true...only because he has $10 billion.

quote:
RDM needed to go after last season and Abramovich caved to people wanting to give him a shot.

Because any time you have to be coerced into keeping the coach that won you the most prestigious club trophy in the world, you're clearly a quality owner.

quote:
RA will get the right people in place to move forward - no doubt!

And then he'll fire them in 6 months.
TXAggie2011
AG
RA is one of the richest guys in sports.

I guess he deserves credit for willing to take on Chelsea and I imagine lose money on them. I know some rich guys wouldn't do that.

Everything else he's done at that club has been pretty awful to, at best, mediocre.
Gigem Trevas
Just got around to watching the game. Still don't quite understand how Chelsea lost.
Asitwere
AG
Whoa..Falcao rumors buzzing.

http://sulia.com/channel/all-sports/f/66d1b517-854e-4906-ac3d-b1def7e47284/?source=twitter
Gigem Trevas
^ Please be true.
Enzo The Baker
Asitwere
AG
Leeds tomorrow CapitalOne Cup @ 1:45CST but it's on BeIN so plan accordingly.
Asitwere
AG
Sturridge to Liverpool a done deal. Too bad we didn't get to see him more this year. I wonder if his true talent will come through at Liverpool. If he ever learns to play with the team he could be great IMO.

http://www.independent.co.uk/sport/football/premier-league/spending-spree-for-chelsea-as-daniel-sturridge-heads-to-liverpool-8424637.html

Gigem Trevas
Got BeIN in hd.
Enzo The Baker
AG
The Sturridge transfer should make the Falcao move all but certain shouldn't it? After Torres, we don't really have a true striker.

I'm pumped.
chunt75
quote:

The Sturridge transfer should make the Falcao move all but certain shouldn't it?

It's Chelsea, man. Nothing is certain. First we think we're getting Guus and then we get the curse that is AVB, with the promise of Pep if things don't work out. And then when things don't work out twice who do we bring in? Rafa f***in Benitez. Then over three transfer windows when we really need a striker and a defensive midfielder, we bring in 5 attacking midfielders and a right back. Ugh. This club is getting really confusing, frustrating, and mismanaged. I love it to death but it's getting hard to watch.

[This message has been edited by chunt75 (edited 12/19/2012 9:47a).]
chunt75
Marin is definitely deserving of the name "twinkle toes." His footwork is a thing of beauty. Bertrand looks like crap today. Moses is a terror down the flanks so far. Torres might as well not be on the pitch. Oscar has some fantastic service. Lampard is a force as usual but is showing signs of rust. Very impressed with Luiz.
Gigem Trevas
1-0 Leeds. Luiz caught on the counter.
chunt75
F.M.L.

DAMMIT LUIZ JUST AS I WAS PRAISING YOU
Gigem Trevas
Wow offside would have tied it. Torres was off.

[This message has been edited by Gigem Trevas (edited 12/19/2012 2:31p).]
Gigem Trevas
Frank Lampard fk nearly finds the net.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.