Chelsea 2012-2013 Thread

74,663 Views | 2234 Replies | Last: 10 yr ago by Gigem Trevas
Kampfers
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Cole really saved our ass there. Disappointing that Mata couldn't get a little bit more on Hazard's ball - that would have been a beautiful counter-strike.

I'm not sure why we keep playing long aerial balls out of the back - Drogba doesn't play for us anymore and I'm not sure anyone on the front line is capable of winning a header.
Gigem Trevas
I'm just glad it's only 1-0.
Ziggy Sobotka
AG
Dammit we need a striker!
Gigem Trevas
Here comes Torres.
Enzo The Baker
AG
RDM's days may be numbered.
Kampfers
AG
Ramieres is so goddam fast
Gigem Trevas
This is hopeless.
Kampfers
AG
well at least we can focus on domestic ambitions and not run our guys to death midweek from here out
Gigem Trevas
Really disappointed with how they have played lately.
chunt75
Wow. This is bad. Just got out of class to watch the replay now. Sad sad sad: even AVB had a few wins sprinkled here and there and at least managed to get us out of the group. I like RDM a lot, especially the players he's brought in, so it's a little mystifying how he's leaving this team in worse shape after bringing in Hazard, Oscar, and Marin (Azpilicueta is worthless and I will continue to insist such).
Old School Rucking
AG
Pep Guardiola is going to be a wealthy, wealthy man soon.
byfLuger41
AG
quote:
Pep Guardiola is going to be a wealthy, wealthy man soon.
Dre_00
Until he doesn't win the CL and Roman fires him.

Seriously, I get that Pep is an other worldly coach but no one in the right mind should want to manage Chelsea if they can Di Matteo. THE DUDE JUST WON THE CHAMPIONS LEAGUE 6 MONTHS AGO!
Old School Rucking
AG
He won with some really boring soccer and ugly tactics.

Roman wants to win and look good doing it. Chelsea has the creative players in place, but not the manager. RDM is not the guy and I wish Roman would've let me go at the end of last season.

If the rumors about Pep are true, then you would be crazy not to bring him in. Pep understands how to develop young players better than anyone in the game. I would love to see what he could do with this team. He loves playing 6 midfielders with the false 9 so you wouldn't even need to sign a new striker.
Asitwere
AG
Ah, hell...Just watched the DVR...

1)Was kinda shocked by the formation which tells the home team to fire away, which they did.

2)we don't have a real striker (sorry Torres fans) so I'm not that worked up about the lineup tonight. I found it interesting that Fox Soccer had Mata up top but I could have sworn it was really Hazard playing up top in reality from watching the game.

3) how top class is cole? Not just about the save but he continues to keep us taking him for granted since he rarely
ever screws up.

RDM will catch some heat but Torres' play has really got him in a bind here.

Dre_00
He won with an undermanned squad that didn't have several of the players that are leading the Chelsea charge this year.

Of course Pep is a fantastic manager but you think that will stop Roman from firing him if he doesn't win the EPL or CL for a year or two? Hell no. Pep will probably take the job because it's London and he'll have access to plenty of resources but I wouldn't be shocked if he went elsewhere because of Roman.
Old School Rucking
AG
Dre,

Why are you assuming Pep won't win every year?

Pep eats Fergusons and ****s Wengers.
byfLuger41
AG
I usually side with Dre, but I must go with Uncle BB this time. Pep would be a great fit, however, RDM deserves more time than any of our previous 30 managers. Hopefully he can make something happen domestically and for the teams sake, maybe, just maybe, we can get lucky like last season and advance to the knockout round. Yesterday was just flat out embarrassing and it showed me we definitely need some help in the front and in the BACK!!! The past 4-6 season's have all been ugly come November-December time. WE always get into a slumpo and as Dre has put it, "the wheels fall off."

I would like to see us resolve our striker situation before we make an managerial changes. Here's to hoping that RA shows some patience, which I doubt he will...
tilznit 04
AG
Di Matteo sacked!
byfLuger41
AG
HOLY ****TTTTTTTTTTTTTTTT!
byfLuger41
AG
Here we ****ing go again...
byfLuger41
AG
I'm sure Dre wants us to get Rafa...
Gigem Trevas
I knew when I saw this topic had several new replies since last night it wasn't a good sign.
Enzo The Baker
AG
I wish they would have given RDM the whole year. I just don't think there are going to be many other midseason options that are better.
Scriffer
AG
Holy crap!
Dre_00
What a complete joke. If you weren't going to give him more than 6 months after YOUR GREATEST ACCOMPLISHMENT IN YOUR CLUB'S HISTORY, you should have never hired him permanently. Songs will be written about that night for years. Hell, they already have been.

I'm not sure why his bothers me so much. I'm no Chelsea fan and I'm not related to Di Matteo. But it does. Pep will probably take it because of the money but I anxiously await the day when he too is put on his ass by Abrahmovich.

[This message has been edited by Dre_00 (edited 11/21/2012 8:03a).]
Asitwere
AG
Chelsea talking to Drogba about loan?

http://www.weaintgotnohistory.com/2012/11/21/3675130/fifa-chelsea-fc-didier-drogba-loan

chunt75
Wow this is sad
Aston94
AG
quote:
I'm not sure why his bothers me so much. I'm no Chelsea fan and I'm not related to Di Matteo. But it does. Pep will probably take it because of the money but I anxiously await the day when he too is put on his ass by Abrahmovich.

Well said.

I cannot imagine being a Chelsea fan with that man as the owner of the club.

I have no great love for Di Matteo, but the dude JUST WON THE CL, and you are already firing him? What a joke.

[This message has been edited by Aston94 (edited 11/21/2012 8:58a).]
chunt75
DiMatteo was just an exceptionally nice guy the kind of which is rare in football these days. It felt like a punch in the gut when I woke up, saw the news, and had a flash back to when we were partying with the trophy with the big ears
Ziggy Sobotka
AG
Roman makes Steinbrenner look apathetic.... RDM, good luck to you, you deserved better.
byfLuger41
AG
quote:
Roman makes Steinbrenner look apathetic.... RDM, good luck to you, you deserved better.

I'm not happy & I should be. I'm about to fly up to Detroit for the Texans game.
chunt75

Thanks for the good times RDM.

[This message has been edited by chunt75 (edited 11/21/2012 10:31a).]
Old School Rucking
AG
quote:
I cannot imagine being a Chelsea fan with that man as the owner of the club.

I think you would be in the overwealming minority. Since Abramovich took over in 2003 Chelsea has won 10 major trophies - the most successful decade in the club's rich history.

Financially he has erased a debt of £166.6m putting the club in a positive equity position for the first time in God knows how long. New TV deals and other revenue streams will allow Chelsea to continue aggressive transfers and high player wages within their annual operating budgets.

I may be biased here. In fact I am a fan of Chelsea because of Abramovich. But you cannot argue with what he has achieved.
Dre_00
Chelsea have had 9 managers in 9 years.

Mark Hughes lasted longer than a manager who won the CL last season.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.