Chelsea 2012-2013 Thread

74,456 Views | 2234 Replies | Last: 10 yr ago by Gigem Trevas
Enzo The Baker
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Ivanovic!
byfLuger41
AG
Was that a straight red, yes. Could it have been avoided if referee Kevin Friend took control of the game sooner, yes. Whats done is done, but I still think it could have been avoided. It always a shame when something like that happens, but we did it to ourselves.

As for our XI, I think we looked great with the exception of Obi & Lamps. Obi had numerous mistakes that cost us and Lamps age is showing more and more each season. The MoM for us would definitely be Luiz. He controlled his "Playstation" level of play and stayed in his position for most of the match. We still need to find a a decent CDM & RB before the transfer period ends and hopefully RA makes the £££££ rain at the Bridge over the next few weeks! Hulk maybe?!

Enzo The Baker
AG
Yea Mikel looked pretty bad. I really like Hazard's pace. He's going to be really good for us. That failed back heel fall was pretty embarrassing though haha.
Kampfers
AG
quote:
We still need to find a a decent CDM & RB before the transfer period ends and hopefully RA makes the £££££ rain at the Bridge over the next few weeks! Hulk maybe?!

Hey guys, we have X needs on the team! So lets go sign a guy that does nothing to address those needs!

Ugh.
byfLuger41
AG
quote:
That failed back heel fall was pretty embarrassing though haha.

lol, yeah this was pretty funny. He played very well minus the little slip.

I'm ready to see Oscar thrown in the mix. He chose number 11...RIP Drogba

[This message has been edited by Smith&Co1970 (edited 8/12/2012 5:38p).]
Doubtful
AG
Random thoughts...Mikel had a really tough match. He's usually a little safer with the ball. Would have loved to picked up a defensive mid instead of so many attacking ones. Would prefer our Portuguese midfielder over Mikel.

Hazard was bright spot of the match for me. He reminds me of Mata in some ways, but he's got much better pace.

Ivanovich's tackle was out of character. Would have liked to see a full 11 v 11 match.

City is good and deep.
Doubtful
AG
Announcers yesterday were mistaken - ivanovich will not be suspended for league play. Was wondering what our back four would have looked like without him.
Brick Tamland
After sitting out the last few seasons and just watching soccer, my girlfriend and I are now Chelsea fans! Let's go, Blues!
byfLuger41
AG
quote:
After sitting out the last few seasons and just watching soccer, my girlfriend and I are now Chelsea fans! Let's go, Blues!

Welcome aboard! What made you choose Chelsea? just curious...

Can't wait till Sunday! Wigan should be an easy W even on the road.

Brick Tamland
Originally Chelsea was the first English team I had ever heard of (about 10 years ago). I rooted for them very casually until about 2007 or 2008. The last few years I've tried seeing how I felt about other teams but I kept coming back to Chelsea.

My gf wants to be a fan with me because I've recently got her interested in the sport and she loves the away kit and wants me to get her one (typical haha)

Very excited about it, actually. I hope I can be good luck this season!
thund3rbird
AG
Got Chelsea's second kit jersey for an early birthday present and SO excited to see two goals in the first 7 minutes in our first game back! COYB!
Enzo The Baker
AG
Hazard already making his imprint. I love this guy! I would like to see us keep better possession though. Very strange to not see Ramires with the team (injury?).
Enzo The Baker
AG
Match against Reading tomorrow on ESPN 2 at 1:30pm.
byfLuger41
AG
I would like to see Obi sit for Ramires & Lamps for Marin. Our MF would be pure speed!
Kampfers
AG
quote:
I would like to see Obi sit for Ramires & Lamps for Marin. Our MF would be pure speed!

talk about leaving the back line open for abuse...

that might work against Reading but try that against either of the Manchester squads and we'd concede 6.
byfLuger41
AG
I know, I know...thast just my dream team of speed lineup. We all know it would never happen.

Realistically, I would like to see Ramires or Marin on for Lamps...Does anyone know if Ramires is over his illness?
Enzo The Baker
AG
I wonder if Lamps will keep his starting gig the entire season. He hasn't looked particularly sharp. I love him, but at some point you have to make the transition.
Kampfers
AG
Realistically I expect Rameries to slot in for Bertrand when he gets back, and by the end of the season I fully expect Bertrand to be in the regular rotation at Right Back (even though his natural position is LB - no way he replaces Cole - yet).

I think Lampard will be in a dogfight for minutes as he gets continually pushed into a more defensive role, but I haven't seen anything from Mikel or Essien that shows me he couldn't win minutes from them. Right now, Di Matteo is going to play 2 of those 3 (4 I guess if you include Miereles), but I could see that number falling to 1 and him replacing that other slot with another attacking minded player (Marin would be one such option). But he has to include at least one of those guys as a sweeper of sorts to shield the back line.
byfLuger41
AG
#KTBFFH
Enzo The Baker
AG
Ramires back in the lineup for Bertrand. Cahill in for Luiz.
Scriffer
AG
What do yall use for an online tracker? I'm having trouble with the Guardian website.
byfLuger41
AG
CTFO!!!!
Scriffer
AG
Cahill!
Dre_00
Linesman!!!
byfLuger41
wangus12
AG
Gotta feel for Reading. They deserved a point out of this. Now Chelsea and Man City have grabbed victory thanks to an offsides goal against a promoted side.
byfLuger41
Scriffer
Dre_00
At some point, the leprechaun buried in Chelsea's ass is going to die and be replaced with a black cat, walking under a ladder while breaking a mirror.
byfLuger41
AG
quote:
At some point, the leprechaun buried in Chelsea's ass is going to die and be replaced with a black cat, walking under a ladder while breaking a mirror.

Don't act like United hasn't had a leprechaun in their bum before!
Dre_00
Yeah, but he left and took up new residence in yours. I'm a jilted lover.
wangus12
AG
Wish we could have a leprechaun.
Kampfers
AG
the last 4 posts are gold
Enzo The Baker
AG
I knew I should have picked up Ivanovic for fantasy.
Enzo The Baker
AG
With that being said, our defense needs help in a bad way. Hazard looked great again. Our offense is basically a two man show with him and Mata, although he didn't look very sharp today. And I'm not sure what to make of Oscar yet. He looks really tentative.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.