Chelsea 2012-2013 Thread

75,826 Views | 2234 Replies | Last: 10 yr ago by Gigem Trevas
Enzo The Baker
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
quote:
Oscar has completed a medical and been granted a work permit as he closes in on a £25million move to Chelsea.

There's beginning to be a log-jam at the attacking mid.
BigJim49 AustinNowDallas
AG
No mention of Seattle vs Chelsea tonight on ESPN2

8:30 CST ?
Kampfers
AG
quote:
There's beginning to be a log-jam at the attacking mid.

this is what annoys me about Chelsea's transfer policy more than anything else. There's something to be said for buying players to fit a scheme, rather than just buying players for the sake of buying players.
byfLuger41
AG
#KTBFFH
Enzo The Baker
AG
I really like what I'm seeing from Marin.
El Nino in Londontown
AG
The new signings looking pretty strong.
byfLuger41
AG
Does this mean the end is near for Lamps? I know he'll still see the pitch but its hard not to play our fresh legs...all of which looked great against a MLS team. Lets see how they hold up against another EPL opponent.
Kampfers
AG
quote:
Does this mean the end is near for Lamps? I know he'll still see the pitch but its hard not to play our fresh legs...all of which looked great against a MLS team. Lets see how they hold up against another EPL opponent.

Everything I've ever seen speculated was that (regardless of any signings made this summer) about this point in his career Lamps ought to be shifting to a CDM role. I could see these signings accelerating that transition. He's still a valuable player and leader.
BigJim49 AustinNowDallas
AG
How'd they do last night?
Terk
AG
I didn't watch it until laaaaate, but new players looking pretty good. Marin is legit.

Lukalu looked solid in play from the highlights that I watched.

Eddie Johnson should have hit a header off of a corner to make it a little more respectable... but in the late half Chelsea tightened up. Cahill looked good -rested and healed up, and Lamps was Lamps.

Looking forward to PSG, MLS All Stars, and AC Milan later in the tour. I'd give anything to be at that game in Miami. If we weren't about to move into the house, I'd be there
Enzo The Baker
AG
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2176384/Will-Ferrell-Zack-Galifianakis-meet-Chelsea-players.html

quote:
Ferrell is a long-time Chelsea fan, has visited Stamford Bridge and has even acted as honorary captain for the Blues during their US pre-season tour in 2009.

He has often been spotted in a Blues top - including on The Daily Show - and now both he and Galifianakis can sport the latest edition, having been given personalised shirts by the club on Thursday.

In return they handed Chelsea a signed St. Louis Rams helmet - the Rams are an American football team based in Missouri.

TXAggie2011
AG
I have always thought Cech, when wearing his helmet, had some resemblance to Ferrell.
BigJim49 AustinNowDallas
AG
When's Chelsea's next game? Is it televised?
byfLuger41
AG
Tonight at 6:00 PM C.

vs PSG

http://soccernet.espn.go.com/gamecast/_/id/347500?cc=5901
byfLuger41
AG
It will be on FSC
byfLuger41
AG
Wow PSG is flopping super hard!
Kampfers
AG
Kakuta looks lost out there

PSG also dropping everyone back, determined to bore the eff out of us... it's preseason ffs, no need to park the bust

[This message has been edited by Kampfers (edited 7/22/2012 6:49p).]
byfLuger41
AG
http://www1.skysports.com/football/news/11095/7927631/
byfLuger41
AG
quote:
ffs
Kampfers
AG
A healthy Essien would be big this year. And "yay" for the Oscar deal.
Kampfers
AG
El Capitan!

Honestly, looking at the team, I think we're going to be in a rough patch for 2-3 years. We'll struggle to maintain top 4 status. In about that time, all these young, technical footballers will mature and come into their prime, and at that point - watch out.

[This message has been edited by Kampfers (edited 7/22/2012 7:39p).]
Terk
AG
Tonight vs. MLS All Stars on the deuce!
byfLuger41
AG
barf
Terk
AG
dear God what a rip... no foul, no handball? seriously??

If not for those bullsh calls at the end, I would have been pretty good with the MLS pulling it out. They played pretty well and stuck it out to the end. I'd have rather seen them win it clean though.
AudaciousAg
AG
That was a standard no call, his hand was not that far from his body. Some people can't handle the truth. :/
TheMasterplan
Chelsea 0-2 vs MLS All Stars.

Manchester United is 2-0.

PWNED.
byfLuger41
AG
quote:

PWNED.

byfLuger41
AG
http://soccernet.espn.go.com/news/story/_/id/1128128/john-terry-england-future-hinges-on-fa-verdict?cc=5901

If he was found innocent in the courts then shouldn't he be innocent across the board?
Serotonin
AG
quote:

PWNED.

Guess we'll have to settle for this...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cL4AWJrThZk&feature=related#t=4m22s
Dre_00
Burden of proof isn't as stringent with the FA but I think they are potentially getting themselves in a mess here. If they were going to charge him, it should have been done immediately and not contigent on his acquittal which it obviously was.
Terk
AG
Sturridge looked good today for GB. Made quick work from close, but duffed to waste time on a break at the end, would have like to see him finish that one!

Although poor poor Suarez is headed home, so I have that going for me
Enzo The Baker
AG
Close to getting Victor Moses which probably means loaning Lukaku to another club.

Community Shield against City is on Sunday. Just got my new home kit in the mail. I think I'll break it in then.
Kampfers
AG
quote:
Close to getting Victor Moses which probably means loaning Lukaku to another club.

Doubtful... Moses is a winger, isn't he?

As far as pure strikers go, we have Torres, Lukaku, and Sturridge

Then we have an overabundance of attacking midfielders who can also be pushed to the wing

I know we have money to spare but sometimes I wish we were smarter with our application of it. It's impossible to discern what direction we are trying to go besides "technical", but at some point they need to realize that they are accruing too many bodies in the midfield, some people aren't going to be getting much playing time.
Enzo The Baker
AG
Community Shield bright and early tomorrow morning at 730 on Fox Soccer. Let's start this season out right!
byfLuger41
AG
I really hope we can win tomorrow but I have my doubts. With an already lackluster preseason, I just feel it could be bad.

I'm really wondering which XI RDM will start, especially in the midfield.

Fingers crossed!

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.