Chelsea 2012-2013 Thread

73,382 Views | 2234 Replies | Last: 10 yr ago by Gigem Trevas
byfLuger41
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
quote:
With that being said, our defense needs help in a bad way. Hazard looked great again. Our offense is basically a two man show with him and Mata, although he didn't look very sharp today. And I'm not sure what to make of Oscar yet. He looks really tentative.

Well hopefully we can pick up Azpilicueta soon, but even then we’re adding a fairly young player to the roster. I wish we had someone with more experience on our radar but I don’t know who that could be.

Hazard is going to be stud! The more I see his turns and spot on passing, the more I think he could turn into something great. The only thing I don’t like about him is he kind of embellishes his fouls. I guess you have to when you’re a little guy.

Oscar still looks suspect IMO. Hopefully he will shine like Hazard once he gets over his debut jitters.

quote:
Yeah, but he left and took up new residence in yours. I'm a jilted lover.

Maybe RA will raise his rent and he’ll go back to Uniteds butt. We all know he will never move to Arsenals butthole because they won’t renovate the cavity.

On a jersey hoarding note, I’m glad we have won in two of our jerseys! All we need is a win in our baller ass away! Anyone else seen our away kit with champions league name/number? Holy **** balls they look dope as ef!
Griffle
Chelsea and Wigan have agreed on a fee for Victor Moses. Moses has now been granted permission to talk to Chelsea about personal terms.

Tweet of the day by Mario Balotelli:

BREAKING: Victor Moses announces his retirement from first team football at the young age of 21! #Benched

Enzo The Baker
AG
I guess it wouldn't hurt to have a striker/winger.
Enzo The Baker
AG
Blues sign Azpilicueta. Hopefully he can help the back line.
byfLuger41
AG
quote:
Blues sign Azpilicueta. Hopefully he can help the back line.

Word!
Enzo The Baker
AG
Moses also official.
Enzo The Baker
AG
Tomorrow should be a better indicator of where this team is at. Newcastle at 11:30 on fox soccer.

[This message has been edited by ItalAggie (edited 8/24/2012 6:59p).]
GrapevineAg
AG
Go Magpies!
Doubtful
AG
Does anyone have a good handle of Moses' strengths & weaknesses? Can he play effectively as striker?

The only match I've really paid attention to was the one last week against Chelsea. He looked strong and able to get to the baseline effectively providing several dangerous balls. I'm excited about having him, but am curious to know how he might fit in.
byfLuger41
AG
quote:
Does anyone have a good handle of Moses' strengths & weaknesses? Can he play effectively as striker?

The only match I've really paid attention to was the one last week against Chelsea. He looked strong and able to get to the baseline effectively providing several dangerous balls. I'm excited about having him, but am curious to know how he might fit in.

From what little I have seen him play, Moses is a strong winger who can also contribute in the CF position. His speed and ability to finish is definitely something we need at the moment.

Strengths:

speed
positioning
finishing
Counter attack master*

Weaknesses:

passing
holding the ball to long (Obi Jr.)

HTH

byfLuger41
AG
Should have scored right there!
byfLuger41
AG
Hazard on the spot!
byfLuger41
AG
Hazard converts the PK for his first PL goal!

1-0 23rd min.
byfLuger41
AG
What a goal from Torres!

And who assisted the goal? Hazard, bringing his assist count to 6...#stud

Hazard- 3 games, 6 assists, 1 goal

2-0 45 +3
Kampfers
AG
Poor card on Torres but I have to admit I thought he flopped when I saw it in real time so I can't blame the ref too much.

I don't like Bertrand in the midfield, he makes us too defensive and it's not like we need for him to cover for Cole. If Rameries isn't available for the position maybe Marin could slot there?

As far as the Moses signing goes, I'm sure he's a great player, the question is where does he play, how does he get minutes/who does he get them from? Only so many spots to go around.
byfLuger41
AG
Still 2-0 67th min

Ramires on for Mata
byfLuger41
AG
3 games, 9 points!

KTBFFH!
Scriffer
Enzo The Baker
AG
Torres. Great to see him play with confidence! Do you guys catch that clever little flick to Hazard in the 59th? 9 points with a 6 goal differential to start the season? I'll take it!
FriedTex
AG
As much as I hate to say it, amazing goal by Torres
gougler08
AG
Hazard is the real deal, damn he had looked good so far
GrapevineAg
AG
Good game by Chelsea - they deserved the win. Hazard was a great pick-up.

quote:
Poor card on Torres but I have to admit I thought he flopped when I saw it in real time so I can't blame the ref too much.

Probably making up for the PK call when he did flop.
Doubtful
AG
Thanks Smith.
Kampfers
AG
quote:

He might have gone down easily, but the replays clearly showed the defender contacted Torres' right knee and then left ankle - a clear (albeit soft) penalty.
GrapevineAg
AG
I disagree - I still don't see any contact to the right knee, and I only see a slight touch to the left foot after he had already lifted both feet off the ground. Regardless, he made a meal of it and made the ref look bad for buying it.

But as I said before, Chelsea were comfortably the better side and deserved the win. No sour grapes here.
byfLuger41
AG
quote:
As much as I hate to say it, amazing goal by Torres

Agreed. Hopefully our youthful influx is making Torres feel like he's at Pool again...we'll see.

quote:
Hazard is the real deal, damn he had looked good so far

Word son! I know we're only 3 games into the season, but man...he looks dope as ****!!! His passing, ability to turn on opponents and collective play is ridiculous. On top of all of that, he is only 21!

quote:
Thanks Smith.

No problem m8, anytime...

quote:

Flopped? maybe, but I think not. Milked? Hell yes! Either way "Chelsea were comfortably the better side and deserved the win. No sour grapes here."
byfLuger41
AG
Interesting fact I thought you guys would enjoy:

"Eden Hazard is the FIRST #Chelsea player other than Drogba or Lampard to score a penalty in the PL since Michael Ballack in 2008."

I know that I have mentioned this before, but man Eva Carneiro is so hot, want to touch the hiney!

No the best pic, but it will have to do...

byfLuger41
AG
Champions league draw on Thursday!

UEFA Super Cup on Friday!

Lets do this!!!!
Enzo The Baker
tremble
AG
Hate to say it but Chelsea are going to be really freaking good this year.

Mata and Hazard in the midfield will result in a lot of good looks for Torres who on form is devastating.
byfLuger41
AG
quote:
Hate to say it but Chelsea are going to be really freaking good this year.

Mata and Hazard in the midfield will result in a lot of good looks for Torres who on form is devastating.
byfLuger41
AG
Group E:
Chelsea FC
FC Shakhtar Donetsk
Juventus
FC Nordsjælland

I am very pleased with our draw from today. You couldn't have asked for a better scenario. I think we can easily win the group, but it is comforting that we should make it to the knockout round...
Enzo The Baker
AG
Great draw.

Super Cup tomorrow at 12:45pm.
Doubtful
AG
Great draw? I'd rather not see Juventes in the group. Other two teams are beatable. Would prefer to be in a few other groups but I wont complain.
byfLuger41
AG
Juventes isn't that bad and we should easily beat them. The important thing is the two other teams are cake. Who knows, maybe half of Juve's squad will get caught & suspended for cheating before match play?!

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.