Chelsea 2012-2013 Thread

74,509 Views | 2234 Replies | Last: 10 yr ago by Gigem Trevas
Asitwere
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Just saw Chunt'75's link confirming the twitter reports I have been reading. This will get interesting. I would imagine we will see a good effort from Chel on Wednesday.
chunt75
My first thoughts on the matter were "this ends well for nobody." This'll come back on the club hard if it's false, but for Mikel, RDM, Terry, our chief executive Ron Gourlay, and possibly, from some Twitter accounts Juan Mata to be in the referee's dressing room post-match fighting about this, this seems to have some surface of merit or belief among the Chelsea dressing room.

[This message has been edited by chunt75 (edited 10/29/2012 12:36a).]
Rule Number 32
AG
Yikes. I was just coming over here to see how many people said the Ref was paid off. Surprisingly, doesnt look like too many are claiming that. I was surprised Torres didnt get sent off with a straight red in the first half on his challenge that got him a yellow card, so I wasnt too surprised to see him sent off in the 2nd with what seemed to be a makeup call a little bit. I think it was his 2nd step that got him the yellow. He took a full step then decided he wanted to go down. I probably would have carded him under the same circumstances, but I am a defender and I hate ******* that dive constantly like that.

Sucks that Chicharito was offsides, but United would have scored again anyways you have to think. I cant stand Chicharito though.

Will be interesting to see what happens with the racism stuff. If that really happened...holy crap.
Rule Number 32
AG
Forgot to mention - that free kick from Mata was masterful. granted some of the fault there was on De Gea not sticking to his post, but that was a gorgeous shot.
byfLuger41
AG
I wish we would have won so that the alleged ref abuse would be more believable. Hopefully these allegations are true and not just bitter emotion stemming from a terrible loss. I could see Mikel fabricating a story, but not Mata...

This could get reallyyyyyyy ugly for the EPL if the ref indeed did commit racial abuse. Especially with all of the recent "Kick racism" campaigns going on.
Gigem Trevas
Had a Manu fan talking trash to me about Chelsea. I was like really? You can not honestly say that the game was officiated well.
byfLuger41
AG
Tell that ManUre fan to take a D to the dome piece!

Lets just get quick revenge in the CC match on Wednesday! I hope yesterdays match ignites a fire under our ace instead of slipping into our usual Nov/Dec slump.

Anyone who has a head on the shoulders knows that we got screwed, especially on the little green pea's goal. We've had games go our way like that (Spurs last year I believe? Lamps ghost goal that never crossed the line but was awarded) so what comes around goes around I guess.
Asitwere
AG
Mata, pure class.

http://blogs.grada360.com/juanmata/en/2012/10/29/este-equipo-nunca-se-rinde/
Enzo The Baker
AG
Who in the EPL is in better form than Mata right now? I can't think of anyone, although you could argue RVP.

[This message has been edited by Enzo The Baker (edited 10/29/2012 10:53a).]
Gigem Trevas
Mata
Rule Number 32
AG
I was about to argue for RVP, glad you pointed that out. He's been on fire lately. Kagawa has also been playing at a very high level although he is hurt and probably not at the level of Mata recently.

I've enjoyed watching Mata and Hazard play together. As much as I dislike Chelsea, mostly due to Torres, those two are a lot of fun to watch.
chunt75
So as of late surveys have been showing many Blues supporters most revile the ARSEnal. Does yesterday change that in any of your minds? I've always held Man U as the most hated in my mind but that's just due to odd circumstance (grew up with a hatred for bandwagon fans and saw a huge groundswell after title-winning seasons for United) but want to see everyone else's opinion on this.

Also, over/under on a) number of verbal exchanges on the bench next week, b) number of yellow and red cards issued to either team, and c) amount of Fergie time added?

For bonus points, how much do you think Di Matteo will be fined for yesterday's comments, and who will Wednesday's referee be?
byfLuger41
AG
quote:
Also, over/under on a) number of verbal exchanges on the bench next week, b) number of yellow and red cards issued to either team, and c) amount of Fergie time added?

For bonus points, how much do you think Di Matteo will be fined for yesterday's comments, and who will Wednesday's referee be?

A) 9.5 - I'll take the over all damn day...
B) Yellows = 6 - Again, take the over...
C) 6 minutes - Gonna take the under in this one...

RDM's fine - £15,000

Ref - Webb or Mason

You heard it here first!
byfLuger41
AG
I don't think there will be any reds, but if I could choose one player to get a red it would be Turnbull...
Asitwere
AG
Regarding Mata, from @chelsea statto:

Messi last 7 games for #FCB: Goals + Assists = 12. [7 G and 5 A].
Mata last 7 games for #CFC: Goals + Assists = 13. [7 G and 6 A].

Enzo The Baker
AG
And it's in the EPL, not the soft La Liga.
byfLuger41
AG
I prefer La Flop...Suarez would fit in great.
chunt75
Gigem Trevas
Funny but irritating.
Gigem Trevas
Ref from the game could be gone.
http://soccernet.espn.go.com/news/story/_/id/1205935/jeff-winter:-referee-mark-clattenburg-could-face-axe?cc=5901
byfLuger41
AG
Other notable criticisms by the ref in question:

quote:
"In 2007, three years after his Premier League debut, Clattenburg came in for arguably his fiercest criticism of his refereeing following a Merseyside derby between Everton and Liverpool.[24] The first notable incident involving Clattenburg was the award of a penalty kick for an apparent professional foul by Everton's Tony Hibbert on Liverpool's Steven Gerrard. Clattenburg initially took out his yellow card, seemingly to book Hibbert, but after an interaction, albeit brief, with Gerrard, Clattenburg changed his mind and showed Hibbert a red card.[25] He later elected not to dismiss Dirk Kuyt for a waist-high lunge at Phil Neville.[26] One final controversy arose when he declined Everton appeals for a penalty in the third minute of injury time, with the score at 1–2, when Jamie Carragher appeared to foul Joleon Lescott in the Liverpool penalty area.[27][28] Clattenburg was not appointed to referee another Everton match until 2012.

In December 2009, Clattenburg took charge of a tie between Bolton Wanderers and Manchester City. City personnel alleged that at half-time Clattenburg asked members of their bench: "How do you work with Craig Bellamy all week?" In the second half that followed, he booked Bellamy twice, once for dissent and then for diving, although replays suggested he was actually fouled. City manager Mark Hughes later said: "I've seen Mark Clattenburg have a lot better games than he's had [here today]"[29] and described his decision to send off Bellamy as "laughable".[30]

Clattenburg has also encountered contempt when officiating two fixtures between Tottenham Hotspur and Manchester United. In 2005 when Tottenham's Pedro Mendes had a long-range shot fumbled over the goal-line by United goalkeeper Roy Carroll, neither Clattenburg nor his assistants were in a position to award the goal. Five years later, in October 2010, he allowed to stand a United goal scored under controversial circumstances (although strictly correct under game laws) when Nani tapped the ball into the net while Spurs keeper Heurelho Gomes believed his team had a free-kick.[31]
Clattenburg was the recipient of good feedback after an incident-filled game between Queens Park Rangers and Nottingham Forest in February 2011. QPR manager Neil Warnock described the official's handling of the match as "absolutely fantastic". Clattenburg issued an early red card to Forest's Radosław Majewski for a two-footed lunge on Adel Taarabt, and he also dismissed QPR appeals for a penalty when Wayne Routledge went tumbling in the box late on. Despite that, and a total of 27 fouls during the game, Warnock praised Clattenburg for being "so in control."[32][33]

On 28 October 2012, Chelsea made a formal complaint to the Football Association against Clattenburg about his alleged use of "inappropriate language" towards two of the club's players during a match against Manchester United. United won the game 3–2, scoring the winning goal after Clattenburg had sent off Chelsea's Branislav Ivanović for a clear professional foul and then showed Fernando Torres a second yellow card for alleged diving. The Professional Game Match Officials Board (PGMOB) stated that Clattenburg would fully co-operate with the FA over the complaint.[34][35] The PGMOB later announced that it would not appoint Clattenburg to referee a match the following weekend, stating that the "scrutiny [of Clattenburg] would detract from the match and be unfair to the clubs and the supporters of both sides."

[This message has been edited by Smith&Co1970 (edited 10/30/2012 9:44a).]
byfLuger41
AG
byfLuger41
AG
byfLuger41
AG
Gigem Trevas
byfLuger41
AG
KTBFFH!!!

I wonder who will start for the Blues today. Can Torres start this match? If not, does this count for his 1 match suspension? Can Terry start? I got questions that need to be answered!
Asitwere
AG
Ivanovich, terry, and torres are out. Mata and Mikel are not expected to start. Lampard is out. Maybe we see Marin start today????
Enzo The Baker
AG
And Moses.
byfLuger41
AG
No Mikel and Mata either...
chunt75
Sounds like between the club statement and London Metro Police getting involved there might be at least some merit to the Clattenburg accusations.

Yes John Terry case went through the same process, but those of us rational probably know there was more than a little merit to those accusations (despite blatant provocation by Anton and other racially charged conduct by the Ferdinands since then)
Gigem Trevas
Chelsea FC tweeted out the lineup for today's game.
Cech (c); Azpili, Cahill, D Luiz, Bert; Rom, Mik; Moses, Mata, Piazon; Sturr. - subs: Hil, Fer, Saville, Ram, Oscar, Haz, Marin.
byfLuger41
AG
quote:
John Brewin ‏@JohnBrewinESPN
The 'Clattenburg: Referee, leader, legend' banner is up. *cough* Big United support here, and clearly not looking to kiss and make up.
byfLuger41
AG

A. Cole on Torres!
Ziggy Sobotka
AG
0-1
byfLuger41
AG
quote:
"You're worse than Clattenburg," sing the Chelsea fans.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.