Chelsea 2012-2013 Thread

74,133 Views | 2234 Replies | Last: 10 yr ago by Gigem Trevas
byfLuger41
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Nice!
Doubtful
AG
Re: the Spurs match...

I was really happy to see Ramirez play the holding role effectively. I was (and still am) a bit concerned about depth and quality at that position, but he and Obi Mikel played well.

We need a striker in a BAD way. When Torres is playing like crap (and that has happened a lot lately), we really don't have a Plan B. As others have mentioned, either Falcaou (sp?) or Neymar would be great additions. Having quality strikers come off the bench has earned City at least 4 points this season. We're too good of a team to not have a back-up.

The attacking 3 midfielders were the difference. We have more creativity on the field with Oscar, Mata, and Hazard than we've had in years. The movement and passing on Mata's second goal was brilliant.

Road wins against Arsenal and Spurs? Nice couple of games for the good guys. This week against United will be a big test.
Gigem Trevas
Don't forget the Champions League game tomorrow.
byfLuger41
AG
quote:
When Torres is playing like crap (and that has happened a lot lately), we really don't have a Plan B.

It sucks that our CL game wont be televised until really late, at least on Suddenlink anyway...it comes on at midnight tonight. I'm predicting a 4-0 win.

[This message has been edited by Smith&Co1970 (edited 10/23/2012 6:54a).]
Enzo The Baker
AG
It's on fox soccer plus at 130 pm. Unfortunately I don't pay for that channel.
byfLuger41
AG
FSP isn't offered on Suddenlink (yet) so I too will have to wait. I wonder if RDM will field our A team or give a few other some PT...
Enzo The Baker
AG
I bet we will see some other players today, given who we are playing, plus the fact we have to turn around a play United on Sunday.
Gigem Trevas
Looks like most of the regular starters are slotted to play tonight.
Gigem Trevas
1-0 Shakhtar 3rd minute.
Enzo The Baker
AG
WTF? We're playing a 4-3-3?
Gigem Trevas
Lampard went down looks like Hazard is about to be subbed in.
Gigem Trevas
Cech is the only reason Chelsea is not down by more than 1 goal. Offense and defense just look awful.
Gigem Trevas
2-0
Enzo The Baker
Gigem Trevas
This is looking hopeless.
byfLuger41
byfLuger41
AG
Oscar!

2-1
Gigem Trevas
All for naught.
Gigem Trevas
Have to win the next game.
byfLuger41
AG
Final

2-1
Ziggy Sobotka
AG
We need a better striker... Torres just doesn't get it done for me. He refuses to shoot quickly, and gives the defense time to catch up.
Gigem Trevas
Still in 2nd place in the group because of a Juventus and Nord draw today. Chelsea is fortunate for that. Also, what about Barca last year when Torres had the goal to send Chelsea to the CL Finals. Have you already forgotten about that?
Ziggy Sobotka
AG
I will never forget that. He doesn't have the magic in traffic. I know he has huge boots to fill but he's not very inventive in the box. Looks for the penalty too much for my taste.
Gigem Trevas
I can agree with that. He does seem to try to draw the contact in the box for a penalty. He should just try to make something happen and if he gets fouled he gets a penalty.
byfLuger41
AG
Just to add a little to what both of you already mentioned, he also takes to much time on the ball. I wish he would just pull the trigger and let it rip. He also tries to hard for the perfect shot. IMHO, I think he would be more successful if he would just one touch more often. I hope he comes out of it soon because he is slowly creeping into the Shevchenko & Veron category...
Gigem Trevas
I am becoming worried about the upcoming games against Manu.
Doubtful
AG
While a pure joy to watch and a wonderful moment, the Torres goal agaInst Barca didn't mean much. We were 30 seconds or so away from advancing without it.
Enzo The Baker
AG
quote:
I am becoming worried about the upcoming games against Manu.

Word. At least it's at the Bridge though.
byfLuger41
AG
We will be fine as long as our suspect defense holds. This will be a big game for Hazard and I fully expect him to ball out. I really hope Oscar makes an appearance as well.

These guys would love to make a statement in a big game like this and I hope they do!
byfLuger41
AG
JT leaving?!?!?!
Enzo The Baker
AG
WHAT?! Source?!
Enzo The Baker
AG
Valencia? Really, Valencia?
Asitwere
AG
An argument debunking Terry to Valencia:

http://sulia.com/channel/soccer/f/cae4be9e-a906-45d0-b7df-bb218482fe25/?source=twitter
byfLuger41
AG
I like the article above!

Asitwere
AG
Marin back on the bench and available for Man U. Lampard out.

It's been 10 years since Man U has won at the bridge. Here is to the trend being your friend.

Match preview:
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/football/competitions/premier-league/9635367/Chelsea-v-Manchester-United-match-preview.html

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.