Chelsea 2012-2013 Thread

74,474 Views | 2234 Replies | Last: 10 yr ago by Gigem Trevas
chunt75
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Oh my...he is getting quite agitated on 5Live: "These Chelsea fans have an agenda. These Chelsea fans are damaging the image of the club'
chunt75
quote:
Dan Levene ‏@BluesChronicle

Benitez on CFC: "They gave me the title of 'interim manager' a big mistake." On fans: "If they carry on chanting they'll be in the Europa."
chunt75
Per Soccernet:

quote:
I have a job to do and the players are clever enough and realise they will be here next season with long contracts.
Kampfers
AG
His comments do bring up a major issue that ticks me off about RA's manager hiring/firing policy. I understand that underperforming managers need to be released at some point. However, when a manager like AVB comes in and has already told you he's looking to drastically change the way your squad plays, it shouldn't be much of a surprise if the squad struggles because he hasn't been able to fill out "his" roster yet.

The fact that the players sign long term deals but the managers are essentially on month-to-month deals really undermines the authority of a manager, particularly one at a club with such icons as Terry and Lampard (and formerly Drogba). The manager says "you have to do this", but the players know that if they don't, the manager will just get fired and then they can go back to doing what they've always done.

I'd much rather hire an up and coming guy who has proven he can get it done with less talent in the EPL (like Liverpool did with Rodgers) and then stick with him as he guides the technical direction of the club. So what if there is a down year or two. It takes time to assemble a club. If after 3 years, you aren't competing for the title, yeah, it's time to go in a different direction, but I hardly think you can call managers "failures" after mere months when they've been undermined at every turn.

Frankly, they damn better hire Mourinho, cause he's the only ******* I can think of that could control all those egos in the clubhouse and pull out a positive result. What RDM did last year was a ****ing miracle.
Gigem Trevas
Welp the fans got what they wanted. Any idea on who The Chelsea will go after next?

[This message has been edited by Gigem Trevas (edited 2/27/2013 7:07p).]
chunt75
Rumors are Mourinho after he inevitably leaves Real in frustration.
Enzo The Baker
AG
I really don't see Mourinho coming back. Why the hell would he?

I wish we still had RDM. He had a fantastic start to the season. Then the slump started. Sure we got knocked out of the CL, but he deserved better. He deserved the opportunity to right the ship. He earned that right...many times over after last year's CL.
Enzo The Baker
AG
And dammit I miss Eva.
byfLuger41
AG
quote:
And dammit I miss Eva.

Who?
Asitwere
AG
What a selfless play by Hazard to Moses.
Gigem Trevas
Starting lineup for The Chelsea vs WBA.
Cech
Azpilicueta-Ivanovic-Luiz-Cole
Ramires-Lampard
Mata-Oscar-Hazard
Ba
Subs: Turnbull, Terry, Cahill, Bertrand, Mikel, Moses, Torres.
I really like the offense in the lineup with Oscar behind Ba. Not found of the defense with Ivanovic and Luiz.
Gigem Trevas
Oscar nearly puts The Chelsea up 1-0. Good save by the keeper. Mata nearly volleys it in from outside the box. Great start for The Chelsea.
byfLuger41
AG
In Nola watching our game
Gigem Trevas
Demba Ba off a great sequence off a corner. The Chelsea 1 WBA 0
Asitwere
AG
Great job by Luiz to head that back out to Ba in the middle for the finish.
Gigem Trevas
The Chelsea could be up by much more than 1 0. WBA has done well defensively to block quite a few The Chelsea shots.
Gigem Trevas
Azpilicueta nearly gets an own goal but Cech with a remarkable save.
Gigem Trevas
The Chelsea get a well deserved 3 points. Oscar played a great game should have gotten on the score sheet, but Foster denied him 4 times. WBA gk had a chance to equalize at the death, but the team that deserved to win did.
Asitwere
AG
The way that game started I thought it was going to be an easy win. 1-0 nail biter in the end.

West Brom did play well defensively.

Luiz had a good game.
Gigem Trevas
I don't think that anyone on The Chelsea played a bad game. The 3 amigos played great. Still don't know how The Chelsea didn't win by 3 or 4 goals.
byfLuger41
AG
The Chelsea needed all three of those points. I'll take it.
byfLuger41
AG
Hopefully we put up a nice thumping tomorrow before the big clash on Sunday...

We get this on Sunday:
Scriffer
AG
I'm excited I actually get to watch on Sunday. I don't have any of the soccer channels, so it's entirely MBM's for me.

Watching with a Man U buddy, so it should be interesting.
Gigem Trevas
Is the game on Fox this Sunday?
byfLuger41
AG
Fox Soccer Channel
Gigem Trevas
Gigem Trevas
I was supposed to go to an economics luncheon tomorrow during the game. Talked to my professor and now I don't have to. KTBFFH!
Gigem Trevas
The Chelsea lineup today. Game is at 12:00.
Cech, Ivanovic, Luiz, Terry (c), Bertrand; Mikel, Lampard; Benayoun, Oscar, Hazard; Torres
Subs: Turnbull, Cole, Ferreira, Cahill, Azpilicueta, Marin, Mata
Not quite sure about the lineup, but I do like Oscar in the middle with Hazard on the wing.
byfLuger41
Gigem Trevas
Penalty against The Chelsea. Yellow on Bertrand.
Gigem Trevas
1-0
byfLuger41
Gigem Trevas
Of all people Benayoun almost tied it.
Gigem Trevas
Halftime. Need Mata in now.
chunt75
Wow, the Chelsea are down a goal again and look like they don't care...again. What's it like to support a football club, I forgot?

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.