1836 Texas Kitchen

173,433 Views | 1203 Replies | Last: 9 days ago by Dro07
Stive
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
You didn't miss much. Are there twice and it was average to below average.
RockOn
It was the applebees of pizza
AGC
AG
Stive said:

Red Lobster? Someone told me today they thought it was closing.

I know nothing about this but given their demographic I'd be totally unsurprised. Might skew older than potpourri house.
AGC
AG
RockOn said:

It was the applebees of pizza

Let he who has never partied at club applebees after midnight on the weekend cast the first stone!
Dro07
AG
Club Bees was the bees nees
Txgunrnnr
AG
New place to try is Dog Tags in the Stein Mart shopping center. Had lunch there today and was really good. Really good craft/draft beer selection as well.
“If I had asked people what they wanted, they would have said faster horses.” -Henry Ford

#FJB
RockOn
Where "The Rack" used to be ~2013??
Txgunrnnr
AG
RockOn said:

Where "The Rack" used to be ~2013??
That I don't know. It's right next door to Stein Mart.
“If I had asked people what they wanted, they would have said faster horses.” -Henry Ford

#FJB
RockOn
Yeah thats it! The Rack had a wonderful beer selection and different meat options for burgers like elk and bison. Then just one weekend in between Christmas and New Years (12/2013) it vanished.
Dro07
AG
they couldnt juggle two restaurants... one started to fail and tried to double down on it with profits from the rack and it went south.
Dro07
AG
Looks like potbelly's closed up shop?
RockOn
dromo07 said:

they couldnt juggle two restaurants... one started to fail and tried to double down on it with profits from the rack and it went south.
Sorry I missed this. What was their other restaurant?
ElephantRider
AG
The Rack was awesome. I forgot about that place. They had a lamb burger with tzaziki on it that was incredible
Dro07
AG
Nvm it wasn't a restaurant I misremembered what my sister said. Had to do with properties and it didn't go as planned for them.
Stive
AG
I think I've asked before...who owns Javi's?
Txgunrnnr
AG
Stive said:

I think I've asked before...who owns Javi's?
I think, it's the same couple that owns FD's. I think.

#FJB
pantherag
AG
Yes the owner of FD's
J_Landes89
AG
Wasn't La Vera recommended on here?? I need to go
Txgunrnnr
AG
Well since we haven't had a post in 22 days, thought I add to it.

Looks like the old Purple Pig BBQ is building a new place back towards town on 155 and Smoke Monkey BBQ moved into the old building.

Never liked Purple Pig and haven't tried Smoke Monkey yet.

#FJB
Dro07
AG
Anyone know what is going to the Old Chicago place? someone said that its been leased out and were going to start fixing it up but forgot what it was.
Dro07
AG
I've heard people that like it but i have never tried it.
Txgunrnnr
AG
dromo07 said:

Anyone know what is going to the Old Chicago place? someone said that its been leased out and were going to start fixing it up but forgot what it was.
Saw a PODS moving container there this past weekend, but no activity in the building itselft.

#FJB
Mike92
AG
Jizzle89 said:

We went for the first time last night. We thought it was pretty good, especially the garlic and oil dipping sauce.
Owlagdad
Don Benitos on Troup in old Casa Ole is just rebranding, same owners and Casa Ole food. Thought might have been different. Won't go back.
Mike92
AG
That's disappointing. I was hoping the food would be different. Casa Ole is pretty low on my list for Tex Mex.
VAXMaster
AG
Mike92 said:

Jizzle89 said:

We went for the first time last night. We thought it was pretty good, especially the garlic and oil dipping sauce.
Hmm, we didn't have a great experience. It was basically like a Stouffers frozen dinner warmed up in the kitchen. Or maybe Fazzolis with table service.
Mike92
AG
Section327Ag said:

Mike92 said:

Jizzle89 said:

Hmm, we didn't have a great experience. It was basically like a Stouffers frozen dinner warmed up in the kitchen. Or maybe Fazzolis with table service.
That's a bummer. I haven't had anything I didn't like there yet. I hope they aren't already slipping. Although, last time we went they said it would be an extra charge for more bread after we'd already ordered two different dipping sauces. You would think extra bread would be implied.
Owlagdad
Headed to the Boulders at old Camp Tyler. I will find out if food trucks are coming Saturday night, and which ones. He almost has dining facility fixed where you can eat and overlook the lake. Pretty place, kind of commercial, but in good taste and still has outdoors feel.
Stive
AG
Anyone tried the new BBQ place in the Shell station on Old Jacksonville just north of 49? I think it was called McGees maybe?

Passed it today and saw the sign for the first time.
UncleDave
I pass it twice daily but never considered trying it.

When I take a 1/2 day off on Friday, I will just go 1/2 mile further south and stop at Kamo's in Gresham and get a Cut Beef boudin burger. (behind the old hot dog stand). The burgers are really good.
txaggie2012
AG
Stive said:

Anyone tried the new BBQ place in the Shell station on Old Jacksonville just north of 49? I think it was called McGees maybe?

Passed it today and saw the sign for the first time.

Haven't had it but it smells good
Stive
AG
Nothing much new or different happening out there right now?
Dro07
AG
Had Yolis where fazolis used to be the other day. Had street tacos and wife had the torta. We will be back to check out the other menu items but we enjoyed it.

Going to dog tags for lunch tmr with a few friends. Heard it's good.
PDWT_12
AG
dromo07 said:

Had Yolis where fazolis used to be the other day. Had street tacos and wife had the torta. We will be back to check out the other menu items but we enjoyed it.

Going to dog tags for lunch tmr with a few friends. Heard it's good.
I finally had tacos from BBQ Hernandez last week and I believe they were worthy of the hype. The barbacoa in particular was awesome.
Dro07
AG

Quote:

BBQ Hernandez
where is this? love me barbacoa

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.