1836 Texas Kitchen

178,049 Views | 1210 Replies | Last: 18 days ago by J_Landes89
Mike92
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Does anyone know when the Roma's Italian Kitchen on Troup Highway is supposed to open? It's in the former location of Portofino's. I assume it's related to the Longview restaurant of the same name. They've had signs on the side of the highway and on the building for a while but I don't ever see any indication of progress. I wonder if it's no longer going to open.
Mike92
AG
Mike92 said:

Does anyone know when the Roma's Italian Kitchen on Troup Highway is supposed to open? It's in the former location of Portofino's. I assume it's related to the Longview restaurant of the same name. They've had signs on the side of the highway and on the building for a while but I don't ever see any indication of progress. I wonder if it's no longer going to open.

They opened today. We just got back and thought it was pretty good. We all had the lasagna. The entree prices are fairly reasonable.
RockOn
HTeaO... an iced tea cafe? store? place? is going in at the old Weinerland on 5th.

I swear, people will buy anything.
Dro07
AG
maybe they will buy it or maybe not... we can put that place on the watch list
UncleDave
Local BBQ Tyler to open on Old Bullard, just north of Chimney Rock. Old Sonoma location?

Liangs to the death row for restaurants area on Old Jville in April, per sign by the sidewalk. It looks like it's the Original Pancake House location.
AggieGunslinger
AG
I saw that about Liangs, I am happy it is closer but it does seem like a bad move. That location should be better but I guess rent is too high.
Josepi
AG
Weird about Liangs. It's been in that location of Paluxy and the loop for at least a decade. I wonder what prompted them to move. They must have been doing something right to have lasted as long as they have.
AGC
AG
Josepi said:

Weird about Liangs. It's been in that location of Paluxy and the loop for at least a decade. I wonder what prompted them to move. They must have been doing something right to have lasted as long as they have.

Tax avoidance?
RockOn
Josepi said:

I think they've been in that location since the 1990s right?
Dumpster Fire
At least. It was a Sunday lunch after church spot when I was in elementary in the early 90s.
J_Landes89
AG
+1 here.

I spent years of my life thinking Liang's and El Charro were the only places open on Sundays.
Dumpster Fire
Yeah. Throw in Lubys everyone and then too.

Ps a couple of us on here worked at the El Charros #2 back in the day. My family was there every Friday night growing up.
Dro07
AG
No one cares guero
Dumpster Fire
Dro07
AG
you still out living down south?
Dumpster Fire
Yep still living here in central Texas.

best place to live ever!
J_Landes89
AG
So, Old Chicago Pizzeria is apparently set to open back up again sometime soon. They never technically left or permanently closed (I had thought so). Updating paint and working inside last week.

Just passing along intel
AsburyAg
AG
I hope so. My family and I liked it.
pantherag
AG
Jizzle89 said:

So, Old Chicago Pizzeria is apparently set to open back up again sometime soon. They never technically left or permanently closed (I had thought so). Updating paint and working inside last week.

Just passing along intel

The folks that own FD's and Javis have the location now and are coming out with a new concept in their portfolio. Believe it will be a seafood type of restaurant.
Dro07
AG
Fish city?
J_Landes89
AG
Good to know!
DuncanLEO
Javis serves ****, that place sucks.
Dro07
AG
What did you get?
AggieGunslinger
AG
Solid first post on this board by a 3 month old user.
Josepi
AG
He got banned 1 minute after posting here for something he posted on the Classified board.

It takes some real talent to get banned on the Classified board.
Stive
AG
Josepi said:

He got banned 1 minute after posting here for something he posted on the Classified board.

I didn't know you could get banned on that board. What a flake job.
DuncanLEO
Stive said:

Josepi said:

I didn't know you could get banned on that board. What a flake job.

Really weak board moderation over on classifieds. Anyway I had the beef enchiladas and they sucked.

Liangs has to be cleaning money, how do the stay open? The lady that owns that place speaks terrible English but can clearly enunciate "****".
rooftop18403
Help me remember the history of the loop and Broadway. What year did On the Border go in? Was that the same corner that Taco Cabana or Armadillo Willy's was on? Who occupied the other corners?
RockOn
Before my time in Tyler, but I thought Taco Cabana stood where the TGI Friday's was (in front of Big Lots, east side of Broadway)
Txgunrnnr
AG
Not food related, but has anyone heard that Cabela's is going in on the SE corner of I20 & Hwy 69 in Lindale?
“If I had asked people what they wanted, they would have said faster horses.” -Henry Ford

#FJB
Dro07
AG
What?
Dro07
AG
rooftop18403 said:

Help me remember the history of the loop and Broadway. What year did On the Border go in? Was that the same corner that Taco Cabana or Armadillo Willy's was on? Who occupied the other corners?

It was a spaghettis or something like that.

Taco C was where Friday's was. Armadillo was on the corner of loop and old Bullard
Txgunrnnr
AG
dromo07 said:

What?
That's what I heard.
“If I had asked people what they wanted, they would have said faster horses.” -Henry Ford

#FJB
RockOn
You always have to be skeptical of "Lindale's getting a _______" rumors.

If every rumor over the last 10 years came true, Lindale would be larger than Las Vegas by now.
Txgunrnnr
AG
RockOn said:

You always have to be skeptical of "Lindale's getting a _______" rumors.

If every rumor over the last 10 years came true, Lindale would be larger than Las Vegas by now.
How about this one, was also told that Lindale has halted all new subdivision construction due to infrastructure. Not really sure about this one.

#FJB

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.