1836 Texas Kitchen

178,061 Views | 1210 Replies | Last: 18 days ago by J_Landes89
AGC
How long do you want to ignore this user?
TOM-M
Jerry's, Cox's, Fullers, Dub's, D's, Red Ackers, pre-neckbeard Stanley's, El Charro, Clem's, Dick Doyle....I'm sure I'm forgetting several.....now Bruno's on Vine..........

Progress, I guess.
Owlagdad
Don't know time line of making old Jacksonville 6 lanes, but Bruno's might recthink closing Vine location?
buy_dont_lease
AG
Owlagdad said:

Don't know time line of making old Jacksonville 6 lanes, but Bruno's might recthink closing Vine location?
I could be wrong about this, but my understanding is that they are not owned by the same individuals; different members of the same family is what I heard. But I don't know firsthand, so perhaps someone can correct me.
RogerFurlong
Yes they're divorced and she owns the one on old Jacksonville and he owned the one on vine. He passed away a few years ago.
FirstOnRaceDayAg
AG
One of the sons runs the one in Gresham now.
J_Landes89
AG
Local BBQ closing. Old bullard rd.

Not surprised. Never any one there :/
Dro07
AG
It was a good lunch spot before our office moved downtown.
Dro07
AG
Bruno's officially going down per news report.
PeekingDuck
AG
Local was alright but pretty expensive for what they gave you.
Stive
AG
This is not restaurant related but since this thread gets more traction than all of the others combined I thought I'd post this here.

Bobby Garia (the Texags custom clothing guy from Thailand) will be in Tyler most of the day on November 9th and leaving around lunch on Nov 10th. He'll be seeing people at my office in S Tyler off of Old Jacksonville near Swanns and will host appointments from roughly lunch on Thursday until whenever Thursday night, then again on Friday morning for a few hours if need be.

Let me know if you're interested in meeting him and we'll arrange an appointment.
J_Landes89
AG
Looks like Roost and Salsarita's on Troup Hwy will be gone / relocated, (or just gone, I don't know)

Parry's Pizzeria and Taphouse will take over the property after a big remodel.
J_Landes89
AG
Some Korean BBQ sign is up on the old Chili's sign on the Loop
Josepi
AG
Also not a restaurant,, but dad of one of the kids on my sons baseball team cooked some bbq for our end of the year party. Ribs, smoked chicken, brisket, hot links, baked beans, etc.... Brisket, and chicken were great, but the ribs were some of the best I have had in a while. Baked beans had apples and cinnamon in them. Really good. The guy owns his own business doing something else, but does bbq for private events as a side gig. Just wanted to recommend him if anyone is looking for that. It was really outstanding. No idea what he charges though.

Joe Garza
903 245 6483

That's his cell, so you can text
tx.agg.96
AG

Local BBQ closing. Old bullard rd.

Not surprised. Never any one there :/

https://instagr.am/p/C0FlVY-N3N6
JD Shellnut
AG
J_Landes89
AG
Interesting… let me know when you wanna go!
AsburyAg
AG
Not food related but I was down by the Gander Outdoors at the Cumberland Center and I'm guessing it's closed. The parking lot was empty except for 2 or 3 fifth wheels.
Dro07
AG
That place was doomed when they stopped selling guns and ammo.
J_Landes89
AG
New spots -

Wingzone (next to Rounders) Loop 323. VERY GOOD!

Hangry Joe's Chicken (old steak n shake across tu tyler) coming January
Dro07
AG
I'll have to try it out. Any sweet heat type sauce?
Txgunrnnr
AG
Anyone heard what's going in the old Fuzzy's location on Old Jacksonville? Doing work on outside of building.
“If I had asked people what they wanted, they would have said faster horses.” -Henry Ford

#FJB
J_Landes89
AG
I did not try, but I seem to remember a few options yes
J_Landes89
AG
A new steakhouse.

Same owners as FD's, Javi's, Twelve.

They have more concepts coming too.
Txgunrnnr
AG
J_Landes89 said:

A new steakhouse.

Same owners as FD's, Javi's, Twelve.

They have more concepts coming too.
“If I had asked people what they wanted, they would have said faster horses.” -Henry Ford

#FJB
PeekingDuck
AG
It'd be great if one of their concepts was making their restaurants not smell like mildew.
Stive
AG
Javi's smells like mildew?

(Only been in the other two once so can't speak to them)
PeekingDuck
AG
Well, the last couple of times I went it did. At least downstairs. Though it has probably been a year or so.
AggieGunslinger
AG
We are in all three at least once a quarter and have never noticed a smell, now I probably will though and it is your fault.
PeekingDuck
AG
Haha, I am sorry. I do like FDs food! It is probably just the cleaning solution they use.
Txgunrnnr
AG
I thought Dickey's BBQ had closed sometime last year, yet saw that they were open last night. What gives? New management?

ETA: no I don't eat there, just saw that it was open.

#FJB
AGC
AG
Txgunrnnr said:

I thought Dickey's BBQ had closed sometime last year, yet saw that they were open last night. What gives? New management?

ETA: no I don't eat there, just saw that it was open.

Yes, they posted a Longview dickeys owner was taking it over.
TyperWoods
AsburyAg said:

Not food related but I was down by the Gander Outdoors at the Cumberland Center and I'm guessing it's closed. The parking lot was empty except for 2 or 3 fifth wheels.

Closed years ago. A Camping World has opened and closed in that location since then.
Txgunrnnr
AG

Any idea's on what is going in across the loop from Sam's ( not Brookshire's ), inside the loop? They've moved a lot of dirt, but will still need to move a lot more to level that out.

#FJB
Dro07
AG
Either a…

In and out
Costco
Taco cabana

More than likely a bank, gas station or a vape shop.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.