1836 Texas Kitchen

176,295 Views | 1210 Replies | Last: 8 days ago by J_Landes89
J_Landes89
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Just clearing land for potential development, nothing confirmed that I have heard of.

An honest guess from me though? Self Storage. A large(ish) one
AsburyAg
AG
Oh good. We don't have enough of those.
J_Landes89
AG
I get your point, but the amount of calls I get weekly for storage space/ flex space would blow your mind
AGC
AG
J_Landes89 said:

Just clearing land for potential development, nothing confirmed that I have heard of.

Drove by it this morning. Not sure based on the shape and zoning in that area. I knew the edc fought several proposals for retail, mf, etc. on earl campbell years ago and I don't know that it fits with the development plans even though they're now willing to let that stuff develop.
Txgunrnnr
AG
J_Landes89 said:

Yeah, I don't think it's storage or prep work for future development. They are moving a lot of dirt and that's a huge expense. Something must already be in the works for that location. I understand you're a realtor and probably plugged into things, but big money is being spent on that location and to not get your ROI back in a hurry is a big mistake.
“If I had asked people what they wanted, they would have said faster horses.” -Henry Ford

#FJB
Utopia61
In response to ADC: I don't know where you got the info that the TEDC has fought any proposed developments along Earl Campbell.. I have been on the TEDC Real Estate Committee for years, and I can assure you that we never opposed any proposed developments.
AGC
AG
Utopia61 said:

In response to ADC: I don't know where you got the info that the TEDC has fought any proposed developments along Earl Campbell.. I have been on the TEDC Real Estate Committee for years, and I can assure you that we never opposed any proposed developments.

Developers who proposed such things. How many years have you been on it?

Edit: perhaps didn't approve is better than fought.
J_Landes89
AG
We have to connect!
J_Landes89
AG
Earl Campbell is about to be a major arterial for years to come in the city. Lots of future plans in every direction, despite the challenging topography in areas.
Utopia61
In response to AGC - I have been on the TEDC Real Estate Committee since the inception of the TEDC. We have not been approached by anyone wishing to locate on Earl Campbell whose plans were discouraged or not approved. Unfortunately, it appears that you have received some incorrect information. If you have any information to the contrary, I would like to know about it.
AGC
AG
Utopia61 said:

In response to AGC - I have been on the TEDC Real Estate Committee since the inception of the TEDC. We have not been approached by anyone wishing to locate on Earl Campbell whose plans were discouraged or not approved. Unfortunately, it appears that you have received some incorrect information. If you have any information to the contrary, I would like to know about it.

You're good. I agree, it appears the person who told me about their plans was either not far enough down the road to shovel dirt or not pursuing it seriously.
Gabster43213
Insomnia Cookies is coming in off of University Bvld next to Enoch's.
PeekingDuck
AG
It'd be great if they wouldn't cut down every ****ing tree on that road for development's sake. I'd hate for Tyler to look like a smaller Dallas.
Dro07
AG
PeekingDuck said:

It'd be great if they wouldn't cut down every ****ing tree on that road for development's sake. I'd hate for Tyler to look like a smaller Dallas.

No joke. Not a tree hugger by any means but damn
J_Landes89
AG
Tyler getting a "Big Chicken" soon.

Shaquille O'Neal's Chicken restaurant chain
Stive
AG
J_Landes89 said:

Tyler getting a "Big Chicken" soon.

Shaquille O'Neal's Chicken restaurant chain

Where's it going in?
Owlagdad
Corner of spur, or old Henderson and east loop, Jucy Taco going in. J
RushHour
Just saw signage up for Another Broken Egg Cafe where one of those "juicy seafood" restaurants was at the corner of Grande/Broadway. Same Shopping center as Befit and Popcorn Junction.
Stive
AG
That intersection seems to have been rough on restaurants through the years.
Dro07
AG
Terrible intersection especially for drive up traffic.
J_Landes89
AG
Don't think selected yet.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.