1836 Texas Kitchen

178,118 Views | 1210 Replies | Last: 18 days ago by J_Landes89
J_Landes89
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Have not heard this, but have had MULTIPLE sources say that they are building "super target" in Lindale next to Lowe's
J_Landes89
AG
Yep, wasn't pre-on the border in that spot some pizza place???
rooftop18403
RockOn said:

You always have to be skeptical of "Lindale's getting a _______" rumors.

If every rumor over the last 10 years came true, Lindale would be larger than Las Vegas by now.
See you're about to wake a sleeping giant. 2016 we got a WingStop and 2021 was the year of Chick Fil A. ITS HAPPENING!!!
Dro07
AG
i think so but I can remember for the life of me what it was... Was it Mr Gattis before they left?
J_Landes89
AG
I don't think so, only because it was so much smaller and brick oven style, more true restaurant feel.. but, it DID have a small bowling alley!
Dro07
AG
I spoke to an oldie and they said there was a place called Spagheddies there with bocce ball and a patio but before that there was a bank.

early 90s for Spageddies in Tyler

RockOn
Just did a search on FDIC's bank find and couldnt find a bank previously at that address, but it was only listing main office addresses. Seems lots of em died in the 80's S&L crises-- which would match up with the timeline.
Dumpster Fire
Ok m pretty sure before spageddies or whatever it was just more of the mall parking lot.

I remember the Taco C before the Fridays. I'm still shocked it couldn't make it there and Fridays did.
RockOn
Dumpster Fire said:

Ok m pretty sure before spageddies or whatever it was just more of the mall parking lot.

I remember the Taco C before the Fridays. I'm still shocked it couldn't make it there and Fridays did.
Well to be fair... Fridays didn't either.
Dro07
AG
Your uncle would beg to differ on the parking lot and there being a bank at that corner. I would argue the point but i enjoy my job.
Dro07
UncleDave
NW corner: gas station; SW corner: Savings & Loan; SE corner: gas station. Before there was a mall or a French Quarter.
Dumpster Fire
I'm sure there was something else and not just a parking lot. You old people would remember better.
Dumpster Fire
UncleDave said:

NW corner: gas station; SW corner: Savings & Loan; SE corner: gas station. Before there was a mall or a French Quarter.

PS, this is not my uncle...I don't think
Dro07
AG
nah id be fired if he monitored how much i'm on here
cc10106
Heading to ETX this weekend. Is 1836 Texas Kitchen worth a shot?
Txgunrnnr
AG
cc10106 said:

It is, just watch out for the unisex bathrooms.
“If I had asked people what they wanted, they would have said faster horses.” -Henry Ford

#FJB
Dro07
AG
Full circle

PDWT_12
AG
dromo07 said:

Full circle

Glad to see the thread derail is over.
cc10106
Txgunrnnr said:

cc10106 said:

It is, just watch out for the unisex bathrooms.
I generally avoid public bathrooms these days but copy that. Okay, now back to whatever this thread is about.
J_Landes89
AG
Crema Coffee Co. Opening end of this month/early May.

Plugging them because they were my first lease completed after making the career change to commercial real estate (quite a time to do it Ha!)

They are located on the corner of 3 Lakes shopping center behind Fresh in Tyler. Opposite side from Lil Caesar's (both have drive thrus)

Owner's name is Eric, family owns tons of donut palaces, this is his first venture on his own! Would love the support
AGC
AG
Jizzle89 said:

Crema Coffee Co. Opening end of this month/early May.

Plugging them because they were my first lease completed after making the career change to commercial real estate (quite a time to do it Ha!)

They are located on the corner of 3 Lakes shopping center behind Fresh in Tyler. Opposite side from Lil Caesar's (both have drive thrus)

Owner's name is Eric, family owns tons of donut palaces, this is his first venture on his own! Would love the support

Take it to the GoFundMe board!
Utopia61
Regarding the SW corner of Loop 323 and S. Broadway: There was a Spageddies restaurant there initially. Then it was purchased by East Texas Savings & Loan. They built their headquarters there. Then On The Border demolished the building and built their restaurant.
J_Landes89
AG
Haha.

If I made a penny from their sales I would!
FirstOnRaceDayAg
AG
Utopia61 said:

Regarding the SW corner of Loop 323 and S. Broadway: There was a Spageddies restaurant there initially. Then it was purchased by East Texas Savings & Loan. They built their headquarters there. Then On The Border demolished the building and built their restaurant.
Almost. ETSL -> Spageddies -> OTB. ETSL went down in the S&L crisis of the late 80's. Spageddies arrived circa 1994.
Stive
AG
Anyone tried the Kizer Grill on Old Jacksonville just south of Bruno's? Stopped by today for a bit and the service seemed terrible. I sat for a bit waiting for the lady to come get my order. 10 minutes later she still hadn't stopped by the table so I bailed.

Maybe I just caught them at a bad time but it didn't seem to be working.
UncleDave
I've had Kizer's burgers. They are good. I had them when they ran the grill at Oak Hurst and I've had them at the new spot, but it was to-go.

Manny's has reopened. Grand opening on 5/5.

"Twelve" has a sign up at the Old Chicago building at Loop and Old Bullard. Haven't found any details on them yet.
Txgunrnnr
AG
UncleDave said:

I've had Kizer's burgers. They are good. I had them when they ran the grill at Oak Hurst and I've had them at the new spot, but it was to-go.

"Twelve" has a sign up at the Old Chicago building at Loop and Old Bullard. Haven't found any details on them yet.
Twelve ( didn't know the name ) is owned by the same owners of FD's & Javi's. All I've been told is it will be Americana, with lots of tv's.
“If I had asked people what they wanted, they would have said faster horses.” -Henry Ford

#FJB
J_Landes89
AG
I have never had close to this thing happen when going there. Super strange.

Family run and staffed, reeeaaaally good burgers.
5 Star Bag man
AG
Txgunrnnr said:

UncleDave said:

Twelve ( didn't know the name ) is owned by the same owners of FD's & Javi's. All I've been told is it will be Americana, with lots of tv's.
From what I heard yesterday, it will be some type of Italian restaurant.
Txgunrnnr
AG
SpencAg said:

Txgunrnnr said:

UncleDave said:

From what I heard yesterday, it will be some type of Italian restaurant.
I guess it changes everyday. I just heard it through two different employees at Javi's.

#FJB
Txgunrnnr
AG
So, anybody know anything about the Humidor changing ownership? Stopped by for a couple of cigars and the sign on the door said a change of ownership.

#FJB
J_Landes89
AG
Re-opening June 7
J_Landes89
AG
The Juicy Seafood coming soon. Replacing Grub Burger and the space next door (popcorn junction)
Dro07
AG
Is it part of juicys? Or they just like the sound of juicy seafood?

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.