1836 Texas Kitchen

178,103 Views | 1210 Replies | Last: 18 days ago by J_Landes89
Dro07
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Empty lots
RushHour
Dro07 said:

Crust has been gone since 2020 right when the Vid hit.

I was wondering what was going on there. We ever figure out what was getting build across Ubank?
Ubank on Broadway? That's Chili's relocating off the Loop.
AGC
AG
Dro07 said:

Empty lots

I believe this is the correct answer. Gotta put in dirt to make it usable first. Good luck on utilities though. It's gonna be vacant for a while.
J_Landes89
AG
RIP - Fuzzy's on Old Jacksonville.

Gotta find a new Tuesday lunch spot
Txgunrnnr
AG
Jizzle89 said:

RIP - Fuzzy's on Old Jacksonville.

Gotta find a new Tuesday lunch spot

Well damn!
“If I had asked people what they wanted, they would have said faster horses.” -Henry Ford

#FJB
Dro07
AG
Dammit seriously?? I just now starting going to that place
Stive
AG
I went there for breakfast tacos yesterday morning and they were locked up. Didn't know if they had a schedule change or what.

(Yes I know there are much better tacos but close and convenient is close and convenient sometimes)
J_Landes89
AG
Exactly… Office is 30 seconds away from there…

Owner packed up and is just going to focus on his Longview location.
Stive
AG
Not to be a broken record but the clearing and development across from the outdoor mall doesn't have tenants yet right? It's still speculative at this point?
Stive
AG
Are the Jimmy John's locations officially closed? People I know on FB are saying they both have closed signs up but they don't know if it's temporary or not?
wbt5845
AG
N/m
J_Landes89
AG
Correct, on paper. Lots of chatter and discussions though of who is coming or not. Big one being Costco finally. Even the Dallas Brokerage let it slip on their website for a few hours.
Stive
AG
Jizzle89 said:

Correct, on paper. Lots of chatter and discussions though of who is coming or not. Big one being Costco finally. Even the Dallas Brokerage let it slip on their website for a few hours.

They let it slip about Costco?
Dro07
AG
Wait what?

That site clearing doesn't look big enough for a Costco unless it's going to be a smaller one.
Utopia61
Costco has not committed to the site on Broadway. The owners are clearing it and making it ready for marketing. Not deals signed yet.
Dro07
AG
Utopia61 said:

Costco has not committed to the site on Broadway. The owners are clearing it and making it ready for marketing. Not deals signed yet.

Even worse.
Aggiehunter34
S
Stive said:

I went there for breakfast tacos yesterday morning and they were locked up. Didn't know if they had a schedule change or what.

(Yes I know there are much better tacos but close and convenient is close and convenient sometimes)
if you havent tried breakfast tacos from Fresh yet, I highly recommend them. Jucy's has a great one as well with some good salsa.
Stive
AG
Fresh is in the consistent rotation. Haven't tried breakfast from Jucy's yet, may have to soon.
PDWT_12
AG
Jucy's breakfast is good. My go to is their chicken biscuit sandwich with bacon.
wbt5845
AG
Nm
AGC
AG
Literally the worst.
RockOn
Any other big mergers, acquisitions, new formations happening out there lately? Seems quiet.
Stive
AG
RockOn said:

Any other big mergers, acquisitions, new formations happening out there lately? Seems quiet.

It does seem quiet
Txgunrnnr
AG

Looks like Sweet Sue's has closed or moved. Not that it was any good the begin with.
“If I had asked people what they wanted, they would have said faster horses.” -Henry Ford

#FJB
Dro07
AG
Txgunrnnr said:

Looks like Sweet Sue's has closed or moved. Not that it was any good the begin with.
i feel like that happened a while ago
Txgunrnnr
AG
Dro07 said:

Txgunrnnr said:

i feel like that happened a while ago

I just saw the " For Lease" a few weeks ago for the first time. Maybe it did.

#FJB
Stive
AG
Seems like it was about a month ago.
UncleDave
There was an article(Tyler paper) in October about them closing and auctioning off the equipment. It said they closed in May.
Stive
AG
Bye bye Shell Shack
Dro07
AG
The news said it was a popular spot. Never saw more than 5 cars there
Owlagdad
Stive said:

Bye bye Shell Shack
Place sucked. It was a one and done for us.
Txgunrnnr
AG
Anyone been to Bubba's 33 in Tyler or eaten at a different location?

#FJB
Mike92
AG
Txgunrnnr said:

Anyone been to Bubba's 33 in Tyler or eaten at a different location?
I've been to the one in Longview. As I recall, it seemed like a typical burger joint/sports bar. Ok, but nothing special.
Stive
AG
The new Thai Kitchen food truck is legit if you ever want to try it!
AsburyAg
AG
I heard today that Regency Shell at the corner of Broadway and Chimney Rock is closing at the end of the year. (That's Johnny Coffman's garage, if you know him.) That building, the Charmin sewing building, Robinson's Jewelers and the building with the golf store to the west of the Shell station have all been sold to Chick-fil-A.

They're going to tear all those down and build a bigger store.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.