1836 Texas Kitchen

177,132 Views | 1210 Replies | Last: 13 days ago by J_Landes89
Dro07
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
There has been a Pei Wei coming to tyler for the last 10 years
RockOn
http://www.tylerpaper.com/TP-News+Local/295981/exclusive-times-square-cinema-expanding-into-family-entertainment-center

Here's your news drop. Time Square shopping center to become entertainment center.

Does this mean Cork is getting displaced?
AGC
AG
Are you talking Urban Air? They've had something on their website for three weeks saying planning is under way.
Dro07
AG
everything from Cables roofing to double daves will become this new movie/bowling/laser/arcade/ food area.
AGC
AG
RockOn said:

http://www.tylerpaper.com/TP-News+Local/295981/exclusive-times-square-cinema-expanding-into-family-entertainment-center

Here's your news drop. Time Square shopping center to become entertainment center.

Does this mean Cork is getting displaced?

Yes, go back a few pages. Cork is as good as dead at their new location. So the gym goes where? Was it between double daves and the theater?
Dro07
AG
Tenants were informed yesterday so they probably don't know where they are going yet.
Dro07
AG
Thats going down in south tyler
AGC
AG
dromo07 said:

Thats going down in south tyler

That was my guess before the article.
RockOn
Cork would do well in the building next to ETX Brewery.
Josepi
AG
Agreed. If they move into the Korean BBQ place on Grande, thats a death wish.

Does that mean Times Square Cinema is gone? If so, can we petition the new place to keep Diet Dr Pepper and Styrofoam cups? That's the only reason I go there.
Dro07
AG
no the owner of Time Square is doing this. Its a new extension of the movie theatre.

New main entrance will connect the movie theatre to the rest of the place. Its pretty much a 68,000sf addition
Dro07
AG
been working on this bad boy for a month and couldn't say a dang peep. Renderings will probably be out in the next couple of weeks... some will love it... some will hate it... thus is Tyler.
Dro07
AG
Confirmed they are moving to Korean BBQ place unless something falls through.
Josepi
AG
On a different topic, whats happening with the remodeled shopping center at Beckham and 5th (the one with Big Lots)? I had heard that El Charo was planning on opening a location in there, but that was a long time ago that I heard that, and there doesn't seem to be any activity.
Dro07
AG
lots of red tape last i heard.
Dro07
AG
Dang next one on the list maybe iHop or apple bees.
http://www.tylerpaper.com/TP-News+Local/296904/applebees-ihop-to-close-up-to-160-locations
Stive
AG
Have no idea how Applebee's stays open anywhere. That is the epitome of crappy casual dining.
Stive
AG
IHOP has its place but running 24/7 has to be expensive.
AggieGunslinger
AG
Unless I don't know about them I think what's really missing in Tyler is a really good breakfast joint. The diner is pretty good but I really wish Juicy's would serve breakfast like the one in Longview on 80 and McCann
Josepi
AG
I'm a fan of Mama's over on 5th for breakfast. Lots of Mexican options like huevos rancheros or chicharones, but also standard breakfast (pancakes, eggs, etc...). It's a good place.
tx.agg.96
AG
+1 for mamas. I noticed a new breakfast place on S. Broadway the other day, the old smash burger location. Anyone know how it is?
AGC
AG
Josepi said:

On a different topic, whats happening with the remodeled shopping center at Beckham and 5th (the one with Big Lots)? I had heard that El Charo was planning on opening a location in there, but that was a long time ago that I heard that, and there doesn't seem to be any activity.

Head to True Vine every now and then, Heines' nephew shows up from time to time. He's a nice guy, very personable. I have no doubt he'd tell you. I haven't seen him in a while to ask but will certainly do so since he told me before they remodeled that it would be a restaurant, just not who.
AGC
AG
Stive said:

Have no idea how Applebee's stays open anywhere. That is the epitome of crappy casual dining.

You haven't driven by club applebees on the weekend? Place is packed late and after midnight. I think both chains are probably doing fine here.
AGC
AG
txagg96 said:

+1 for mamas. I noticed a new breakfast place on S. Broadway the other day, the old smash burger location. Anyone know how it is?

FYI I've been told Mama's is former IHOP chefs, for what it's worth. But good service and foods not bad.

Honeybunz is the place you're talking about. It's ok. Standard breakfast fare imo. I've been there once and had biscuits and gravy. Nothing special, though I feel the same way about The Diner.
AsburyAg
AG
4-way Cafe in Flint for breakfast.
Dro07
AG
Mamas is good and they serve a big plates. Haven't tried 4-way cafe but i have heard good things about it.
Dro07
AG
Are you kidding? Its everyones neighborhood bar and grill.
Josepi
AG
Mama's kids plate of pancakes is 5 full size pancakes. It's ridiculous. My 3 kids split it.
UncleDave
Shell Shack restaurant coming to 7918 S. Broadway - north of Cumberland Road. Tyler Paper article says they will be constructing their own building.
RockOn
Who's behind it? Is it a Catch rebrand?
UncleDave
From the Tylerpaper.com artcicle....."a Carrollton-based seafood restaurant that focuses on king crab, snow crab, shrimp and even crawfish in season. The restaurant is expected to open in January 2018"

From their website, they currently have 4 locations, all in the DFW area.
Stive
AG
Finally tried 1836 last night. Not terrible, not great. I'll give it a 6 out of 10.
Dro07
AG
Signage just went up in Time Square for the Thai place... Its the same place as cumberland village but it will also have sushi. I am excited for a new lunch option. No idea on the timing to open though,
Dro07
AG
Demo started today on the Cork for Phase 1 of the new entertainment center if you guys were wondering if this was actually going to happen.
AggieGunslinger
AG
I wonder how the cork is doing at their new location?

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.