1836 Texas Kitchen

173,449 Views | 1203 Replies | Last: 10 days ago by Dro07
Dro07
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
pizza place going out of business only to open with a new pizza place... My guess its going to be a more casual dining experience.
AGC
AG
dromo07 said:

pizza place going out of business only to open with a new pizza place... My guess its going to be a more casual dining experience.

Why? Where will they park? How will they turn enough tables?
J_Landes89
AG
Lulz
RockOn
Roseland Luby's closed for good or are people just going crazy over some interior updates?
Post removed:
by user
AGC
AG
Trying Pazzeria on the square right now...review forthcoming.
Josepi
AG
I really like Pazzeria. It's a small place, and the tables are a bit too close together, but the pizza is good, and the pasta is made in house. Been there a few times.
AGC
AG
Josepi said:

I really like Pazzeria. It's a small place, and the tables are a bit too close together, but the pizza is good, and the pasta is made in house. Been there a few times.

I'd agree with that. Tried two pizzas. Flavor was good for both. Maybe a little oily at times but still good.
UncleDave
Any idea what is going in next to Bruno's on Old Jville?
(I don't recall seeing a sign, but that doesn't mean there isn't one.)
RockOn
I'm a big fan of the Pazzeria. Seems to be doing well.
PDWT_12
AG
Think I read that it is going to be a gas station, but I could be remembering wrong.
Stive
AG
So what's the story with the American State Bank at Cumberland and Broadway....what froze construction and why hasn't it continued?
AGC
AG
AGC said:

dromo07 said:

yes and its not taco cabana. its going to be a bank.

ASB if I had to guess. Feel sorry for anyone that actually uses it once it's there (regardless of what bank it is).

I was wrong. Bank or Tyler. Lender of last resort gonna lender of last resort.
AGC
AG
Stive said:

So what's the story with the American State Bank at Cumberland and Broadway....what froze construction and why hasn't it continued?

As the rumor mill goes, deed restrictions with Christus calling for development within a certain period of time.
Stive
AG
Anyone tried the Burger Warehouse in Green Acres shopping center? Didn't even know it was there and just saw it for the first time today.
Dro07
AG
Ya i think it was posted about a while back on here. It was good but have better options closer to me.

ya check out page 14
Josepi
AG
The burger itself is surprisingly good.

However, the menu is extremely limited, and the atmosphere is pretty bad. it's been there probably a year, and it looks like it is still under construction.
AsburyAg
AG
It looks like they're gutting the old SEARS. There's a lot of debris piled up outside. Any idea on what's going in there?
pantherag
AG
AsburyAg said:

It looks like they're gutting the old SEARS. There's a lot of debris piled up outside. Any idea on what's going in there?

Dicks Sporting Goods and I believe a Gym are the two main stores. Also there will be two eating establishments, but not sure on those yet.
Dro07
AG
Dicks

Rumor on the gym is planet fitness for all the hollytree moms since fit moved
J_Landes89
AG
No room for (more) Dicks in Tyler!!!
Josepi
AG
Drove by the Athena Greek restaurant on the loop, and it appears to be gone. I never went, but had heard it was good.
UncleDave
Planet Fitness, lol. Perfect fit for a mall.

It's outside of Tyler, but has anyone tried Brisket Love Icehouse in Lindale yet? I think it just recently opened.
J_Landes89
AG
Being remodeled.. still open
UncleDave
PDWT_12 said:

Think I read that it is going to be a gas station, but I could be remembering wrong.
It's going to be a car wash.....and according to the sign, it can be purchased at an upcoming auction. Seems odd.
J_Landes89
AG
There's an Urban Axe Throwing Bar coming..

Just south of Bruno's on Old Jack....

https://www.facebook.com/events/422934365175515/?ti=icl
PDWT_12
AG
Ya, we were at Bruno's the other night and I saw that. Seems strange especially with a new car wash already going in at the corner of Cumberland and Broadway.
Dro07
AG
Speaking of Cumberland... so glad they are going to slash and burn the wooded area on the west of broadway to build more retail.
Post removed:
by user
SoulSlaveAG2005
AG
Aggiebrewer said:

all the woods around my childhood home are gone.

in its place is Carter BloodCare & some other Dr's offices.

we had such fun in those woods. horse back riding, tree houses, playing war, catching snakes, berry picking.

I guess ipads are more fun these days

Fify... I happen to work there.

Sorry about Stewart cutting down your woods, though. Positive side is CMF and UT have blood ready and real close when needed.
This message has been approved by Brad, Jerry and Mitch..
AGC
AG
dromo07 said:

Speaking of Cumberland... so glad they are going to slash and burn the wooded area on the west of broadway to build more retail.

Who's going to lease it? The Shops couldn't even finish out their planned phases and made several changes to development.
Dro07
AG
No idea but it was on the news like two days ago from the planning and zoning committee.

I will say the original design of Cumberland was awesome with tons of trees and terraces but money got in the way I guess.
J_Landes89
AG
https://www.cbs19.tv/article/news/permit-granted-for-homegoods-to-come-to-tylers-broadway-square-mall/501-44b66339-a06b-404a-9037-b0637a4ccf36
Dro07
AG
so stores i won't ever go in... sweet
RockOn
Pizza place on the downtown square is closed. Sounds like disagreements among owners.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.