Bryan/College Station - Coming & Going, Retail, Restaurants, Businesses, etc (2015)

503,504 Views | 1377 Replies | Last: 7 yr ago by Stewade
PS3D
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Met someone from the Aldi job fair yesterday. He said it would open next summer, but the location is still undisclosed.
dgonzo99
Jumping World USA is going to expand into Bryan over in Bryan Towne Center where Target is. It is part of a 47,000 sq.ft. expansion of the center.
redd38
AG
Did Izzy's close? Anyone know?
Look Out Below
AG
Yes, Izzy's is closed.
nwspmp
Studio Movie Grill, Blaze Pizza and Neighbors Emergency Center announced for Century Square by end of 2016.

I'd have preferred an Alamo Drafthouse, but SMG is my second place, so that's cool!

Edit to add link: http://www.theeagle.com/news/local/theater-restaurant-medical-treatment-center-among-first-tenants-announced-for/article_8160aad7-94af-5e8b-b44b-83284f75d7c1.html

Edit: Missed this earlier thread on it too... Really not all there today!

http://texags.com/forums/35/topics/2653262
Kate Beckett
AG
I am excited. A place to eat and watch movies is a place for me. Closer to my apartment too.
txyaloo
AG
quote:
Studio Movie Grill, Blaze Pizza and Neighbors Emergency Center announced for Century Square by end of 2016.

I'd have preferred an Alamo Drafthouse, but SMG is my second place, so that's cool!

Edit to add link: http://www.theeagle.com/news/local/theater-restaurant-medical-treatment-center-among-first-tenants-announced-for/article_8160aad7-94af-5e8b-b44b-83284f75d7c1.html

Now when people get in a fight at McDonalds, they can walk to the closest ER..
Finding X
Met the Manager at Tea 2 Go - They plan to open next week. The inside is very nice - Not at all what I expected. The website kinda made it look like a pot dispensery. I'm not a "Tea" person, but I might give it a try.
Kitten With A Whip
quote:
quote:

Now when people get in a fight at McDonalds, they can walk to the closest ER..
I hate even thinking about that incident. T&P to the victims and families.
PS3D
SIAP, but the Sunoco at Boonville is gonna be a Stripes?
OnlyANobody
Yes.
quirkyaggie
AG
Square One Downtown Bryan Event Center & Loft opened on Friday, after a lengthy renovation period.
dave99ag
AG
I miss the restaurant Square One. Amazing bread pudding.
Max06
AG
Me too.
FlyRod
It was kind of nice to have more than one nice restaurant in downtown Bryan...
Orlando Ayala Cant Read
AG
Gona start seeing some older hotel properties start to struggle a bit more and probably hit the market. We are getting close to a very saturated hotel market.
C XX I
That must be why every single one, including the absolute dumps, are sold out 10+ weekends a year at high market prices. The dramatically expanded stadium and expanding student body surely won't increase hotel room demand, either.
Orlando Ayala Cant Read
AG
Sold out 10-15 weekends a year won't keep some of the lower end properties from struggling a bit and getting harder and harder to make their fat mortgage payments. Not when we are adding by some estimates another 1000+ rooms at least (and very possibly more) over the next 5yrs.

The reduction in oil related business is also going to hurt.

The newer properties will be fine. Its the older properties I'm talking about.
techno-ag
AG
It's an interesting discussion. There are about 5000 rooms currently from what I understand. Some hotels have gone out of biz over the years. The Holiday Inn in Bryan down from Villa Maria became a student dorm for a while. The College Station Ramada across from Culpepper Plaza is still OOB I think.

But, many old hotels hang on seemingly forever. Sometimes they change hands/brands. The Ponderosa is now a Howard Johnson's. The old motel on the bypass & 21 is now a Motel 6.

Ultimately I'm not so sure an additional 1000 rooms will put many old places OOB. I think they'll hang on, maybe continue changing hands. We'll see.
PS3D
Chances are, they'd just get more "permanent residents" and/or become dens of prostitution that rent rooms by the hour.
techno-ag
AG
quote:
Chances are, they'd just get more "permanent residents" and/or become dens of prostitution that rent rooms by the hour.
I wouldn't say that. Your low rent places in College Station like Motel 6 and EZ Travel aren't known for that. News stories about prostitution in CS have mostly centered around the La Quinta across from campus, and it's a nicer place than Motel 6 or EZ Travel.
jja79
AG
Right now there are 16 local hotels showing availability for this weekend on hotels.com.
carpe vinum
AG
3 night minimum at 285 / night plus 14% tax
UmustBKidding
Thought most recently Homewood suites was the goto location from what I have seen in arrest reports.
A big upgrade from eztravel.
gopitt
I think BCS hotels are in great shape and more will be needed. The explosive growth of the community warrants it. Occupancy rates are outstanding
jja79
AG
You surprised at all they haven't sold out for the first home game and re-opening of Kyle Field?
carpe vinum
AG
CS New Development says Zaxby's coming to Caprock.
AggiePhil
AG
Sounds like a Chicken Finger Row South is emerging. Now we just need Cane's to jump on board.
FlyRod
Sign up for a new BBQ place on Church St. where Happy Yogurt was, next to Rough Draught.
Kate Beckett
AG
Wrong thread.
AggieAces06
AG
I think the hotel openings have more to do with the visiting team. I don't see many Ball St fans traveling to the game. Most A&M fans will just come in for the day.

Now when Alabama or another big name comes, their fans will travel in larger numbers and fill up the hotels.
Jayjay4268
AG
What's going in behind/next to cavenders?
Bunk Moreland
quote:

more cavenders. they are undergoing a massive expansion.
techno-ag
AG
quote:
quote:

more cavenders. they are undergoing a massive expansion.
Good. That's a great place.
halibut sinclair

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.