Bryan/College Station - Coming & Going, Retail, Restaurants, Businesses, etc (2015)

503,023 Views | 1377 Replies | Last: 7 yr ago by Stewade
PS3D
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Immediate west of Walgreens on Highway 40
kraut
AG
quote:
Immediate west of Walgreens on Highway 40

So it's going in Caprock Crossing, not Towerpoint?
AggiePhil
AG
Yeah, a few of those will be at Caprock Crossing but I collectively refer to that whole area as Tower Point. Maybe we should call it Chicken Point instead. Or what about Chicken Crossing??
dgonzo99
A mixed use development with homes, townhouses, and commercial is being proposed. It will be located near the corner of University and Boonville Road in Bryan.
Bunk Moreland
Chickrock cross point tower
techno-ag
AG
Caprock Tower Crossing Point.
FlyRod
Signup for RX Pizza in downtown Bryan on 26th right across from Mr. G's. Let the pizza war begin.
halibut sinclair
^ Saw that yesterday. Mr G is gonna have a fit.
BCStalk
I think we have pizza covered in this town. Wish we could get something seafood related in Bryan next.
FlyRod
We have *pizza* covered in this area. We've just scratched the surface re good pizza.

But yes, agreed, we need more and better seafood options too.
malibu9in1
Pizza and parking war. Downtown Bryan.
nashvilleaggie11
"No respect!" -Mr. G
fishngame06
AG
Caprock keeps delivering the goods - 4acre Brazilian Steakhouse in the works NOW! Won't be long

I've now will have Shipley's, Laynes, Liquor, and Brazilian Steakhouse all within walking distance.
phatpat21
And blue baker at somepoint
carpe vinum
AG
quote:
Caprock keeps delivering the goods - 4acre Brazilian Steakhouse in the works NOW! Won't be long

I've now will have Shipley's, Laynes, Liquor, and Brazilian Steakhouse all within walking distance.
Do you know which lot the Brazilian place will locate?
fishngame06
AG
somewhere near Wright Dental
AgFan1999
AG
Have to be a big lot for a 4 acre restaurant site.
94AggieME
AG
Also at Caprock, don't forget about Blue Baker. I think it's already under construction. We're looking forward to that opening up.
aggie897
AG
Any word on when laynes will be opening?
NativeTxn
What is going in next to Bush's Chicken? I noticed there were two slabs poured. One for Bush's, I presume because there is a sign saying so, but I didn't see a sign for whatever the other slab is for. Any idea?
carpe vinum
AG
pretty sure that is the long overdue Aggieland Credit Union.
dgonzo99
LaBodega is coming soon. Don't know where, just know that it is going to be up and running again.
FlyRod
$7 tacos.
Costa and Andreas
That $7 taco thing is a mystery to me. We did have a taco PLATE at $6.95 and also I think the sushi grade ahi tuna tacos might have been $5+ (I honesty don't remember).

I think people are used to counter service taco places with no tip (understandably), and when they got full service and had to tip, they got sticker shock. Either way, to this day, I still don't get the $7 taco thing, unless it was an exotic special or something.
FlyRod
Pretty sure it was a regular menu item. I'm happy to check for clarification's sake.
Costa and Andreas
Please do.
redd38
AG
quote:
Any word on when laynes will be opening?
Next week I think.
techno-ag
AG
quote:
That $7 taco thing is a mystery to me. We did have a taco PLATE at $6.95 and also I think the sushi grade ahi tuna tacos might have been $5+ (I honesty don't remember).

I think people are used to counter service taco places with no tip (understandably), and when they got full service and had to tip, they got sticker shock. Either way, to this day, I still don't get the $7 taco thing, unless it was an exotic special or something.
This poster is very antagonistic toward local restaurants, Costa. I wouldn't worry about him too much.
FlyRod
Costa and Andreas
Thanks techno. I'm not the least bit worried. I'm not scared of the truth, whatever it is. I just need facts in order to deal with it, if necessary. Plus, I love to learn, if nothing else than how other people think.

Plus, it's just tacos! It's not like I'm negotiating with Putin lol!
FlyRod
[Multiple negative votes to both of you. Knock it off or you will both get banned. -Staff]

redd38
AG
The boutique next to A+ is apparently open now.
techno-ag
AG
[Multiple negative votes to both of you. Knock it off or you will both get banned. -Staff]
C XX I
So tired of the peeing match between you two cluttering up this forum. You both act like 5 year olds; picking fights with one another using snide remarks and arrogant contests, then pointing the finger at one another and yelling every time a mod tells you to stop. They've warned you, both, countless times; I'm shocked you aren't both banned.
PS3D
Wouldn't be surprised all that much if The Backyard was converted into the new La Bodega.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.