Bryan/College Station - Coming & Going, Retail, Restaurants, Businesses, etc (2015)

503,034 Views | 1377 Replies | Last: 7 yr ago by Stewade
nashvilleaggie11
How long do you want to ignore this user?
This photo just popped up in my news feed today, but supposedly it was taken on Memorial Day. They had put the flags up then and police were called and had them removed immediately.
AggiePirate
AG
quote:
I'm sure his highness is itching to FTR it and take credit for its success in the three weeks it will be open before the Health Department shuts it down.
Sometimes I wish he would FTR me.
FlyRod
Talk to Fonzie Scheme, Pirate. That could be arranged in a heartbeat.

You should invite it for a beer...on the banks of the Navasota River.
atm86
AG
quote:
This photo just popped up in my news feed today, but supposedly it was taken on Memorial Day. They had put the flags up then and police were called and had them removed immediately.
The police? Seriously? Removed and not just fixed? Seriously?
PS3D
You can't have any flag flying at the same height or taller than the American flag, except the Texas flag. The PRC flag OTOH...
classo97
I drive by there everyday and have never seen flag poles. This photo has been photoshopped to add the flags. This is horrible because this could ruin their business before they even have a chance. Please stop spreading this around!
PS3D
Oh, so he's moved on to doctoring photos? That's not above him to do, sadly.

Edit: remember, he works at the Jimmy Johns across the street, I have seen him there...might as well kneecap the restaurant across the street
nashvilleaggie11
If that's true, that is horrible.
halibut sinclair
quote:
You can't have any flag flying at the same height or taller than the American flag, except the Texas flag.
Not necessarily true. If you have 3 flagpoles of the same height, the US flag should go on the left. If you have 3 flagpoles and the center pole is taller, the US flag goes in the middle.

http://blog.cvsflags.com/flag-etiquette/flying-displaying-multiple-flags
FlyRod
quote:
Greg D posted on Pollo Tote today on Yelp.

His Imperial majesty really seems especially pleased with himself on this one!

http://www.yelp.com/biz/pollo-tote-bryan-4
AggiePirate
AG
quote:
Talk to Fonzie Scheme, Pirate. That could be arranged in a heartbeat.

You should invite it for a beer...on the banks of the Navasota River.
Thx but his glorious Masterfulness must stay in legend form. Also the only proper way would be on Yelp.
war hymn aggie
AG
Heard that a Domino's Pizza was going to be building a location on Valley View & Texas Ave next to the Bicycle shop that used to be Putt Putt.
carpe vinum
AG
Seems odd to build a new building when there are so many available vacant spots especially for a predominately delivery-based business.
PS3D
quote:
Heard that a Domino's Pizza was going to be building a location on Valley View & Texas Ave next to the Bicycle shop that used to be Putt Putt.

Cool. Only yesterday I was thinking "Man, the space between the bike shop and Texas Avenue is a big space. They should put in a restaurant."

Now Domino's isn't what I had in mind, but it's something for those batting cages.
war hymn aggie
AG
quote:
quote:

Cool. Only yesterday I was thinking "Man, the space between the bike shop and Texas Avenue is a big space. They should put in a restaurant."

Now Domino's isn't what I had in mind, but it's something for those batting cages.
It will supposedly be where the batting cages were, as the state owns the property closest to Valley View & Texas Ave.
GiveEmHellBill
AG
Why build a Domino's there when there is a Domino's about a quarter-mile away on the other side of the Wal-Mart?
FlyRod
Chains gonna chain.
PS3D
quote:
Why build a Domino's there when there is a Domino's about a quarter-mile away on the other side of the Wal-Mart?

Maybe they're moving.
AggiePhil
AG
Toastie's Subs sign is up at Northpoint Crossing.
bcstx06
Okay guys, the front page has been updated! Let me know if I missed anything.
Scotch
AG
What's that about the drugstores wanting "out of Bryan"?
bcstx06
quote:

Here is what MaysAggie2015 had to say about CVS and Walgreens leaving Bryan:
quote:

MaysAggie2015 It's not a bias, it's a developers decision on what will make a store successful. Walgreens and CVS are great examples. They want out of Bryan
so bad they can't see straight.
quote:
That Walgreens isn't top 25 in the state or close. It isn't the top in the region or even the district (no longer exists when they eliminated
their RE development arm).

The CVS is dead. The university location is killing it, and liklely why Walgreens pressed so hard to get
into Loupots and the new midway development. I know CVS and Walgreens
on TX avenue in Bryan at Villa Maria are looking to relocate.
quote:
Bryan is falling behind because Houston is growing, the university is growing, and money is moving out. It happens all over the country across
time. It's the problem with 2 cities that are adjacent to each other.
One USUALLY goes one direction while the other goes the opposite
(Midland/Odessa , Richmond/Rosenberg, etc)
I take this as MaysAggie2015 is either telling the truth or really hates Bryan and is a College Station booster.

This all came from the Is B-CS going through a recession? thread.
AgsWin2011
AG
I highly doubt Pappadeaux will be open on 7/21. I've heard rumors they were backing out. Are we still getting Pappadeaux?
PS3D
quote:
I highly doubt Pappadeaux will be open on 7/21. I've heard rumors they were backing out. Are we still getting Pappadeaux?

I think the date refers to when I added it on the list last year.
PS3D
quote:
quote:

Here is what MaysAggie2015 had to say about CVS and Walgreens leaving Bryan:
quote:

MaysAggie2015 It's not a bias, it's a developers decision on what will make a store successful. Walgreens and CVS are great examples. They want out of Bryan
so bad they can't see straight.
quote:
That Walgreens isn't top 25 in the state or close. It isn't the top in the region or even the district (no longer exists when they eliminated
their RE development arm).

The CVS is dead. The university location is killing it, and liklely why Walgreens pressed so hard to get
into Loupots and the new midway development. I know CVS and Walgreens
on TX avenue in Bryan at Villa Maria are looking to relocate.
quote:
Bryan is falling behind because Houston is growing, the university is growing, and money is moving out. It happens all over the country across
time. It's the problem with 2 cities that are adjacent to each other.
One USUALLY goes one direction while the other goes the opposite
(Midland/Odessa , Richmond/Rosenberg, etc)
I take this as MaysAggie2015 is either telling the truth or really hates Bryan and is a College Station booster.

This all came from the Is B-CS going through a recession? thread.

Probably a mix of fact and fiction. I'd say that the CVS at Briarcrest and 29th is in fact dead, and that the volume is low at the Bryan stores, but not as dire as it appears.
carpe vinum
AG
Which city offers incentive packages to retail, and which one does not?
Scotch
AG
Thanks. I found that thread and posted on it.
halibut sinclair
quote:

Probably a mix of fact and fiction. I'd say that the CVS at Briarcrest and 29th is in fact dead, and that the volume is low at the Bryan stores, but not as dire as it appears.
There's a CVS at Briarcrest and 29th?
PS3D
quote:
quote:

There's a CVS at Briarcrest and 29th?

Referring to a proposed CVS, not an actual one. See the other thread for context.
halibut sinclair
quote:

Referring to a proposed CVS, not an actual one. See the other thread for context.
I only deal in actual pharmacies, not proposed ones.
toolshed
AG
It can't possibly be that they built way too many of the CVS and Walgreens, and the fact that they are typically across the street or near to each other, saturating the market? Do we really need them two miles from each other??
OnlyANobody
Toby Kieth's is looking pretty unlikely.
Max06
AG
AggieWife2008
S
Taco Casa is opening a second location in caprock right by the new Rattlers.
WildlifeAg02
Just realized I haven't seen mention of it here, though I've seen the signs for at least a week- NAPA signs up and work being done at the old Carquest next to Pilger's on University.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.