Bryan/College Station - Coming & Going, Retail, Restaurants, Businesses, etc (2015)

503,015 Views | 1377 Replies | Last: 7 yr ago by Stewade
chloelee
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Razoo's is supposed to open August 3, 2015.
techno-ag
AG
Just in time for the kinks to be worked out before the Aggies come back.
95_Aggie
AG
quote:
Taco Casa is opening a second location in caprock right by the new Rattlers.

oh no ... between that and Shipley's, T&P for my diet.
dave99ag
AG
Where exactly is the Shipley's going? I haven't seen any activity in the area.
Bunk Moreland
quote:
Where exactly is the Shipley's going? I haven't seen any activity in the area.

Right next to the Rattlers on Greens Prairie. Tons of work already done on it. Walls up and everything.
dave99ag
AG
I thought that was the location, but wasn't sure. Glad I don't pass by there every day on the way into work.
Bunk Moreland
quote:
I thought that was the location, but wasn't sure. Glad I don't pass by there every day on the way into work.

The Greens Prairie/Arrington area is going to be a madhouse in 3 years. City really needs to do something with how traffic flow now, because having the current lane structure set up in place the way it is will not be able to be sustained so close to the Fitch/Arrington light.

I think there needs to be a dedicated right turn only with a turn and yield into traffic from Fitch South on to Greens Prairie West, 2 lanes dedicated to going down Arrington towards the neighborhoods that way(and the apartment complexes that are going to go up all over there as well), and even then, I don't know if they'll need to add lights there or not. Being so close to Fitch, the whole block there will be a cluster in the not-so-distant future.
southerner
AG
Shipley's
Taco Casa
Layne's

The trinity!
AgsWin2011
AG
Still need Taco Bueno and Cowboy Chicken
CrazyAgE
quote:
The Greens Prairie/Arrington area is going to be a madhouse in 3 years. City really needs to do something with how traffic flow now, because having the current lane structure set up in place the way it is will not be able to be sustained so close to the Fitch/Arrington light.

Yeah right. The City will follow their normal procedure of waiting until everything has been developed and occupied and then wait about 2 years or so that way everyone has had the couple years of getting royally pissed off.

It's almost like they enjoy doing this on purpose rather than being proactive and not having to deal with these headaches
Rexter
The way to get the city moving is to change the council positions to a paid full time position. It would possibly make the spots available to OTOs*. I would like to serve but I can't pay someone to run my business while I take an unpaid position. Margins are too tight to absorb the $50k it would take to hire a warm body with half a brain.

*Other Than Olds
phatpat21
That intersection will be in desperate need of a traffic light. Blue baker is going up there too plus all the offices too. It's going to be a crazy intersection
casserole
quote:
The way to get the city moving is to change the council positions to a paid full time position.

How does this get the city moving?
Rapier108
quote:
quote:
Does anybody know where University Tire is going to move? Supposedly, a large convenience store is going to take in that property plus the property that the store next door sits on. Also, Pollo Tote opened this week.

I will ask Alan or Stan. They are getting me a quote here in the next day or so. I haven't heard anything about them moving

Did you get a chance to check with Alan, Stan, or Lonnie? I've been meaning to give them a call, but keep forgetting since I'm always so busy with work.
CrazyAgE
Yes, as a matter of fact I was just in there last Friday and he said they are going nowhere. From the corner store up to them will be torn down and turned into a small strip center.
redchapterjubilee
Taco Casa at Tower Point?!?! The missus will have a right freakout. She loves that place.
Fonzie Scheme
AG
quote:
Talk to Fonzie Scheme, Pirate. That could be arranged in a heartbeat.

You should invite it for a beer...on the banks of the Navasota River.

I object to this post on the basis that It suggests I somehow have insider access to the great oracle of Yelp, and can, somehow, facilitate a summit between the oracle and Pirate. I have no insider access. In fact, one can only speculate into the oracle's existence. One cannot guarantee it; no one knows for sure.
Brewmaster
AG
is there a hard date set for when Bike Barn is opening? I know July some time.
carpe vinum
AG
Extreme Hair Design on Briarcrest has a new drive thru.
redd38
AG
quote:
That seems.... extreme.

But for real, who's getting a hair cut in a drive through?
carpe vinum
AG
The lady that parked her car in the waiting area I guess.
CDub06
AG
The faster the better!
MiMi
S
Anna's Linens is going out of business - all of the stores, not just our location. Everything is on sale!
Tanya 93
quote:
quote:
That seems.... extreme.

Many places make a lot of money off haircare products.
MiMi
S
quote:
Car Crashes Into Beauty Salon
PS3D
Stripes at Holleman is to open in 3 weeks (construction worker)
RafterAg223
AG
The city and their traffic staff have already had multiple conversations and meetings internally and with developers about GP/Arrington intersection. Real plans to address that intersection are already in the works. COCS doesn't do a ton of stuff I agree with all the time, but they are on top of this issue and it will be handled.
carpe vinum
AG
quote:
The city and their traffic staff have already had multiple conversations and meetings internally and with developers about GP/Arrington intersection. Real plans to address that intersection are already in the works. COCS doesn't do a ton of stuff I agree with all the time, but they are on top of this issue and it will be handled.
The last time they changed the stop signs at that intersection it took over a year for the Castlegate soccer moms to figure it out.
God help us all.
bushytailed
AG
Fire and Ice snow cones announced via FB that Blinn is kicking then out because they generate too much traffic. Last day of business is 7/25. Looks like they cannot relocate it now and are hoping to sell to someone that can.
BCStalk
You know I have lived in that neighborhood since birth. I have watched it gradually turn to crap the larger blinn gets. This place even though under new ownership has been part of my life since I could remember. Blinn is a virus for my neighborhood and will only get worse.
PS3D
TABC permit signs up for World of Beer at Northpoint Crossing
eloc62
can't wait for World of Beer, but where will I park?
BQ_90
AG
I thumbed thumb thou the last couple pages and didn't see it so siap but what is going in behind the new LaQuinta in Graham rd
DBSwooper
quote:
I thumbed thumb thou the last couple pages and didn't see it so siap but what is going in behind the new LaQuinta in Graham rd
LaQuinta is an old Cherokee phrase that means "next to Denny's" so it could be another Denny's...or not.
PS3D
Z Bar looks like it fell through completely.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.