Bryan/College Station - Coming & Going, Retail, Restaurants, Businesses, etc (2015)

503,025 Views | 1377 Replies | Last: 7 yr ago by Stewade
toolshed
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
quote:
The city's economic development director says Pappas plans to begin demolition within the next 90 days. Pappas's design process typically takes a year. That would leave about 18 months for construction to be completed by the city's deadline of February 27, 2018.
toolshed
AG
Also, an Embassy Suites rezoning request was approved for the "Great Wall", bad health scores restaurant on University, along with several adjoining lots behind it. No more renaming and reopening every time they get shut down by the health department.
AggiePhil
AG
Having an Embassy Suites will be nice. Sounds like it's going to be a smaller one though.
jac4
AG
quote:
quote:
The city's economic development director says Pappas plans to begin demolition within the next 90 days. Pappas's design process typically takes a year. That would leave about 18 months for construction to be completed by the city's deadline of February 27, 2018.

So what is our window to possibly lobby for a Pappasito's?
mAgnoliAg
AG
2018? Wtf I was hoping I would still be here.
mAgnoliAg
AG
Aldi is an interesting place. I think you pay a deposit for your cart. Very European.
techno-ag
AG
quote:
Aldi is coming to B-CS!

http://careerbuilder.com/job/J3G47K72QT1R74YD8LX
mgreen
quote:
quote:
Aldi is coming to B-CS!

http://careerbuilder.com/job/J3G47K72QT1R74YD8LX
Aldi was my client for a couple of years. They make Wal Mart look like big spenders.

You even have to bring your own bags to Aldi but you can not beat their prices.
PS3D
fixed link
techno-ag
AG

halibut sinclair
carpe vinum
AG
Aldi location?
PS3D
Pretty sure in its Bryan, they might mention at the job fair. Gut reaction says west side of town, out somewhere on 2818, maybe Leonard.
Tailgate88
AG
Open?

techno-ag
AG
quote:
Aldi location?
Job ad said Bryan.
jac4
AG
Maybe if the Aldi does well, we will have a better shot at a Trader Joe's?
OnlyANobody
I'm not saying that brand names are all that matter to me, but the Aldi where I'm from has a lot of "no name" or unknown name brands.
PS3D
quote:
Maybe if the Aldi does well, we will have a better shot at a Trader Joe's?
Don't see how that's relevant. The "but it's owned by the same company" is inaccurate. Aldi split into two companies in the 1960s, Aldi Nord and Aldi Sud. Aldi Nord does more or less own Trader Joe's (TJ's being a part of a German family trust by one of the brothers who established Aldi) but the Aldi stores in the United States are owned and operated by Aldi Sud. (there should be umlauts on that, but TexAgs forum software doesn't recognize characters with accents)

quote:
I'm not saying that brand names are all that matter to me, but the Aldi where I'm from has a lot of "no name" or unknown name brands.
That is their MO, yes. Mostly their interest is low-cost cloned brand name foods and very bare bones. If you want a low-cost alternative besides Walmart or dollar stores, then Aldi is good. If you're looking for something to break up the monotony of H-E-B and Kroger, then keep waiting.
aggiepm
AG
I was reading the blog from the city council meeting and it looks like it will be a decent size. They said that the planned height will be 95ft, but idk if that is really that tall
OnlyANobody
For the record, I clarified that I wasn't complaining; just making a statement of my observation.
bcstx06
quote:
I was reading the blog from the city council meeting and it looks like it will be a decent size. They said that the planned height will be 95ft, but idk if that is really that tall
Can you give a link to this? Also, do you know where this Aldi will be located?
aggiepm
AG
Sure! It's in the Embassy Suites Rezoning PP
http://blog.cstx.gov/2015/08/27/live-blog-thursdays-city-council-meetings-aug-27/
bcstx06
I have updated the front page the best I could. Let me know if I missed anything.
patrick.redmill
Re: the Thai restaurant on Freedom Blvd. near Wal-Mart. The name is "Kluay Kluay Thai Restaurant."
Kitten With A Whip
quote:
I have updated the front page the best I could. Let me know if I missed anything.
Master Donuts has opened at Southwest Pkwy and Dartmouth St.
Justin2010
AG
Hungry Howie's will be opening a second location just north of University on Texas avenue. Should open late December or early January.
Tanya 93
I love our Aldi's.
phatpat21
I thought I heard the new Shipley's was opening yesterday. Guess maybe now this coming week? Looks basically ready to go, minus the inside needing a last few things
PS3D
SIAP, but what's the next restaurant to replace "The Local"/TAZ/etc?
aggmaroon
AG
My husband talked the Shipley's on SW Pkwy yesterday. They said that the Tower Point store is ready to go except they are waiting on a few items from Shipley's corporate. It will probably be mid-September.
FlyRod
This is great news. We don't have nearly enough donut shops in BCS.
CN
quote:
This is great news. We don't have nearly enough donut shops in BCS.
I hope they have a drive thru and if they do, do a better job with it than they do at SW Pkwy. That drive thru is constantly backed up and it's silly that they don't take your order until you make it to the window. They'd probably be able to serve 2-3 times as many people if they had a drive thru menu system and think of the number of people who drive up, see the long line, then leave without ordering.

phatpat21
There is a drive thru at the new one
I was hoping it would be open this weekend
Crap
aggiepm
AG
What is going on in the shopping center that A+ is in? The one on university by chimney hill
redd38
AG
I think someone said it's going to be a clothing store.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.