Bryan/College Station - Coming & Going, Retail, Restaurants, Businesses, etc (2015)

501,017 Views | 1377 Replies | Last: 7 yr ago by Stewade
chloelee
How long do you want to ignore this user?
There is a sign up for another Mexican food place in the Prospector's center and a raw juice bar on Rock Prairie a few doors down from Papa John's.
PS3D
quote:
i wonder if people here would shop at a higher end grocery store enough to keep it open, or stick to the HEB and Kroger?

I'm sure they would, since they're the only grocery game in town (except Walmart, Village Foods, and a few tiny supermercados)

If you look at the chains that pulled out since 2000, you'll see that Albertsons was overpriced and contracted under new ownership weeding out unprofitable stores, Winn-Dixie was also overpriced and contracted by pulling out of Texas, and AppleTree was already a relic, the last bones of the once large Houston division of Safeway.

No local store has been driven out solely because of shoppers habits.
dgonzo99
Even some of the chains here that are doing a landslide business here are hurting just about everywhere else. Red Lobster and Olive Garden do a huge business here. However, overall they are hurting with sliding sales. Olive Garden is constantly changing their menus to bring customers back. I think they can do it. However, Sears and JCP are dead relics that can't get it right.
FlyRod
Folks in BCS are pretty price-conscious, as many past threads here have shown. Its hard for me to imagine Trader Joe's wouldn't do extremely well here, with both students and townies.

Bring on the Two Buck Chuck!
dgonzo99
quote:
Folks in BCS are pretty price-conscious, as many past threads here have shown. Its hard for me to imagine Trader Joe's wouldn't do extremely well here, with both students and townies.

Bring on the Two Buck Chuck!
And the Hawaiian shirts!!!!
PS3D
Marco's is now open, they were giving away free pizza today.
eloc62
I, for the life of me, cannot understand why people here continue to support the Olive Garden and Red Lobster so fervently? the prices are high, the portions are small, and the food is not that good. fill up on all the salad, breadsticks and cheddar bay biscuits you want, but there are many better places to eat here for the money and quality. it is true their sales are down nationally, but in this town they seem to be doing quite well. it baffles me.
txknight
Just had lunch at Marco's with 3 coworkers- my advice is wait a few weeks to go. The food was good enough, but both the physical building and the staff were not fully ready to open.
techno-ag
AG
quote:
Just had lunch at Marco's with 3 coworkers- my advice is wait a few weeks to go. The food was good enough, but both the physical building and the staff were not fully ready to open.

Pioneers get the arrows, I guess
halibut sinclair
News on Toby Keith's place in POM:

http://www.kbtx.com/home/headlines/Famous-Bar-and-Grill-Set-to-Open-in-College-Station-289057691.html
UglyScientist
Is Arbanos still open? Tried to eat there a few times for dinner the past couple of weeks and it's always closed.
dgonzo99
quote:
Is Arbanos still open? Tried to eat there a few times for dinner the past couple of weeks and it's always closed.

It may have been closed while all of the students were gone. I know j Cody's, Feed Barn, and Fritella's were closed for a couple of weeks. Some places in town take that time for everyone to take their vacations all at one time. Try again.
GiveEmHellBill
AG
Sign up for a Little Caesar's next to the new Great Clips at Towerpoint in front of HEB.
CWIsom
El Vale on WJB is closed!!!
Tailgate88
AG
Per the other thread, Discount Tire at Tower Point is open. But actually it's not really Tower Point...it's behind the Walgreens on the feeder road.
MsC2012
AG
Technically called Caprock Crossing I believe?
GiveEmHellBill
AG
quote:
Discount Tire at Tower Point is open.
and already has a two hour wait.....
FlyRod
It wouldn't be Discount Tire without a two hour wait...

But I've found them to be really good about sticking to appointment times that you can make online.
halibut sinclair
Bryan Discount Tire is the best one around.
Scooley01
AG
I go to the CS location on Texas Ave, and I've never had more than a 20 minute wait. What the heck are y'all doing wrong?
PrincessButtercup
AG
quote:
It wouldn't be Discount Tire without a two hour wait...

But I've found them to be really good about sticking to appointment times that you can make online.

This. I never go anymore without an appt. if you have one, your wait is reasonable. If you don't, you're screwed. But I think it's too easy to make an appt to ever not have one. I don't go to a salon or doc and expect to be seen without an appt immediately either.
FlyRod
Yep. As a general rule, given the continued growth here, making appointments and reservations for most businesses vs. "walk-ins" would seem advisable.
PS3D
Is the Little Caesars opening in the commercial center with Spoons and the pool store or the new commercial strip north of H-E-B?
dave99ag
AG
The center north of HEB.
dgonzo99
quote:
Bryan Discount Tire is the best one around.
I was very impressed with them. I had an appointment with them when the place was packed. It only took 30 minutes to get the tires on the car.
MiMi
S
quote:
Is the Little Caesars opening in the commercial center with Spoons and the pool store or the new commercial strip north of H-E-B?
I posted in this thread last month that it was going in by Great Clips. It's already on the Coming Soon list.
deh40
AG
Game Time Pizza on Wellborn closing after tonight.
The Original AG 76
AG
quote:
Darn,
They have a very good pizza ! Guess not enough knew that.
southerner
AG
quote:

I was disappointed with their food. Thought the owners and staff were great but had multiple bad experiences with their pizza and pasta.
war hymn aggie
AG
Taste of China posted a "closed for remodeling" sign on their entrance doors a little over 2 weeks ago, but I've not seen any type of action since they posted the note.

Wouldn't be surprised it they've shut their doors for good.
GiveEmHellBill
AG
The facebook page for Kruez Market says that it's open. Any confirmation?
BJD01
AG
quote:
The facebook page for Kruez Market says that it's open. Any confirmation?
Opens Monday according to this:

http://www.tmbbq.com/keep-the-kreuz-fires-burning/
halibut sinclair
Soon to be a lot of dead soldiers in the Aggieland BBQ Wars.
95_Aggie
AG
How much longer can Dickey's hang on?
AgFan1999
AG
Dickey's in Brenham lasted under 6 months.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.