Bryan/College Station - Coming & Going, Retail, Restaurants, Businesses, etc (2015)

500,255 Views | 1377 Replies | Last: 7 yr ago by Stewade
Orlando Ayala Cant Read
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
How does village stay in business? Seems empty every time i go in.
Max06
AG
UPDATED: Silk Stocking Seized By State Authorities

quote:
The company owes $192,587.75 for taxes owed since 2008, , according to Texas Comptroller of Public Accounts Press Secretary Kevin Lyons.
quote:
No employees were at the lounge when it was locked up and a phone recording at the business says "Thank you for calling Aggieland's #1 gentleman's club."
Kate Beckett
AG
Bye Felicia
FlyRod
The Blackwater Draw opening in downtown Bryan last night was fun...went with a group from work. Great addition to the downtown, and hope that stretch of Main St. begins to grow.
halibut sinclair
Whoop04
quote:
Bye Felicia

Chances of that actually being one the dancer's names? Answer: near certainty.
Tailgate88
AG
Per a banner on the Crawfish to Geaux float at the parade today, "Cajun's Grille" coming soon to the old Junek's BBQ spot in Wellborn.

T&P for my bank account and waistline.
PS3D
College Station P&D confirmed Havertys Furniture for former Hastings space on Texas Avenue.
OnlyANobody
T&P for my bank account...
BCStalk
Is it like a Star Furniture? Or am I way off?
techno-ag
AG
quote:
Is it like a Star Furniture? Or am I way off?
My wife loves them. She has a dresser from there that has held up great over the years.

http://www.havertys.com/
SoTheySay
S
Yay!!
Kate Beckett
AG
Yay haverty's!
southerner
AG
Per another thread: a pre-school called "Kiddie Academy" is coming to Caprock Crossing.
armymom
Lovan Care Animal Clinic is permanently ending their day care and boarding and vet will be relocating. I guess the hotel bought the property! This is a great loss to those of us who used their services. Similar services in town are more expensive!
Max06
AG
quote:
Lovan Care Animal Clinic is permanently ending their day care and boarding and vet will be relocating. I guess the hotel bought the property! This is a great loss to those of us who used their services. Similar services in town are more expensive!
That's terrible. I absolutely love Dr. Baumgartner & her staff.
Kate Beckett
AG
That stupid hotel.
redd38
AG
So you're saying there's about to be a need in this town for someone willing to play with dogs for a living? Hmmmm....
fishngame06
AG
Yes, that was my thread. Kiddie Academy will be at Caprock in south CS as more and more young families are continuing to expand and move into the area.
aggiepaintrain
AG
What is latest on pappadeauxs?
MiMi
S
Ducky's Car Wash is open on Wm J Bryan (next to Post Office). Free car washes all week. The lines have been very long every time I drive by there in the afternoon.
bcstx06
Just a few quick mentions, I will update the front page soon one last time before I create the 2016 list.

Coming soon...

• Interstate 14
  • 30 plus million dollar development in downtown Bryan (Retail with apartments above)

• Another hotel announced for Bryan at 2825 N. Earl Rudder Fwy.
  • MyNetworkTV 28 KYLE

This left town awhile ago but I will still mention it.

• KYLE FOX28 no longer exist. We now have FOX44 out of Waco but we gained a MyNetworkTV affiliate through the old FOX affiliate.
James Russell
AG
The KYLE/KWKT change happened back in July, fyi. Both are now showing up on Directv now instead of just KWKT.
mgreen
Blue Baker finally broke ground in the Tower Point area. Should open around April.
ChampsAg
Haven't seen it anywhere so...

Kai's Donut
4201 Wellborn
Bryan

Haven't been but hear it is really good. Specialty donuts. I hear try the smores donut.
AgsWin2011
AG
quote:
This. WTF is taking so long?
dgonzo99
A new Bush's chicken is planned for the shopping center where La Riviera is. Also, Dr. Weaver, the dermatologist, has a new office building planed for Park Hudson.
deh40
AG
quote:
quote:
This. WTF is taking so long?
Not even starting until after the first of the year according to what they said when the zoning change was approved.
RafterAg223
AG
Hotel didn't buy it. Another developer bought the tract to do a retail building.
Max06
AG
Dr. Baumgartner will still be practicing here, just a new (local) location. No doggie daycare or luxury boarding.

Their Facebook post:

"It's time for a change and we are excited!

Lovan Care Animal Clinic will no longer offer luxury boarding and doggy daycare. The last day for either service will be Friday, January 15, 2016.

We are looking to expand our veterinary services, including helping the community and rescue organizations through spay/neuter and preventative medicine programs.

We will be relocating the veterinary clinic and will let you know as soon as possible the new location. Our plan is to stay close to the current location.

Thank you for trusting us to care for your fur babies and all your support!!"
ethridgem
AG
Ate at Yummi Yummi today. Pretty good! Even beat everyone's favorite Yelp critic to the FTR.
AgySkeet06
AG
quote:
A new Bush's chicken is planned for the shopping center where La Riviera is. Also, Dr. Weaver, the dermatologist, has a new office building planed for Park Hudson.
will this be the 3rd one? they have a sign up across from wings n more express on 21 for a bushs there
dgonzo99
quote:
quote:
will this be the 3rd one? they have a sign up across from wings n more express on 21 for a bushs there
Yes, I think there will be more built.
EBrazosAg
AG
My understanding is 3 right now, maybe a 4th. I wouldn't count on more quickly.
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
Scruffy
AG
I don't think it's been posted yet, but looks like a BBQ place is going in next to rough draught. Called BBQ Bevo.
Happened to walk past it the other day.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.