Bryan/College Station - Coming & Going, Retail, Restaurants, Businesses, etc (2015)

503,019 Views | 1377 Replies | Last: 7 yr ago by Stewade
Aggie
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
How long was maroon saloon open?
A couple months maybe?
dgonzo99
quote:
How long was maroon saloon open?
A couple months maybe?
Where was it? Can't even find it on the internet. May explain why it didn't last. Nobody knew about it.
originaltexan
At the defunct Great Wraps location, some kind of Asian food place.

To put this in perspective, if you were at the drive thru Taco Bell window in Northgate getting your taco handed to you, and you thru a straight baseball, you would hit the new place.
CDub06
AG
You're mighty ambidextrous.
PS3D
I called the Rise about it a while ago, seems it's a local place, and will also have...chicken fingers.
FlyRod
More chicken fingers!
halibut sinclair
quote:
and you thru a straight baseball

I wonder if there are gay baseballs.
Tim Weaver
BCSTX, how are you getting this info? CoC?

It seems to me that this list caters heavily to national/chain type businesses. Where is the love for the local guys?

Or is there another list for local owned business that I'm not aware of?
ratfacemcdougal
Tim, this list has been going for years. Most all of the information comes from the vast and unpaid research department. In the past the "OP" has even driven by locations to verify what is being reported. The City of College Station does post a monthly new development list that is working through permitting. And some people know a guy who knows a guy who knows stuff. All businesses that people drive by or are curious about or see a sign for get reported sooner or later.
PS3D
Yaku Japanese Eatery will be going in the Rise, serving "Chicken Fingers", "Noodles", and "Fried Rice".

Don't get your hopes up.
Orlando Ayala Cant Read
AG
That Great Wraps really screwed the pooch.

I think Great Wraps as a franchise is way too inconsistent. You can go to some and they are really great and go to others and they are not good at all. Some sell fries, some sell potato chips instead. Some sell certain items and others dont. That doomed that place along with a location that was hard to park at and find.

FightingAggie
AG
quote:
quote:
and you thru a straight baseball

I wonder if there are gay baseballs.

Is reaching second base different for them?
anonymousaggie
anonymousaggie
Max06
AG
Casa Rodriguez Express is closed per sign on the door.
PS3D
That's too bad.
halibut sinclair
Didn't they close that location months ago?
dgonzo99
Most people didn't even know about that location. If they would have heavily advertised it, it would have done great. Most people just knew about the one downtown.
OnlyANobody
Rosie Nails (two doors down from Rosie's Pho) is locked out per a landlord's sign on their door.
bcstx06
quote:

It seems to me that this list caters heavily to national/chain type businesses. Where is the love for the local guys?

I came up for the idea of the BCS Coming and Going threads I'd say at least 5-6 years ago, maybe even longer. I have always been wanted to know what new businesses were coming to town and which ones were closing. I also noticed a lot of people on TexAgs/MYBCS asking what was getting built in certain places so I figured that I would consolidate all of that information into one go to thread. Over the years others have taken over as OP of the thread and one person thought of the master list on the front page.

I never leave of a business on purpose. Believe me when I tell you, its hard read threw all of the post seeing what new to add to the master list. Like I said before if I missed anything just let me know and I will add it to the list.

It kind off makes me feel good knowing that something I have created is a must get on list for new businesses in BCS.
bcstx06
The front page has been updated, please let me know if I have missed anything. ANY (local or chain) businesses coming, going and all.....
techno-ag
AG
quote:
quote:

I came up for the idea of the BCS Coming and Going threads I'd say at least 5-6 years ago, maybe even longer. I have always been wanted to know what new businesses were coming to town and which ones were closing. I also noticed a lot of people on TexAgs/MYBCS asking what was getting built in certain places so I figured that I would consolidate all of that information into one go to thread. Over the years others have taken over as OP of the thread and one person thought of the master list on the front page.

I never leave of a business on purpose. Believe me when I tell you, its hard read threw all of the post seeing what new to add to the master list. Like I said before if I missed anything just let me know and I will add it to the list.

It kind of makes me feel good knowing that something I have created is a must get on list for new businesses in BCS.

Kudos to bcstx over the years. Great job.
FlyRod
Getting back to the actual subject of this thread (sorry to distract from all the genuflecting), Casa Pachita is now open. It's a Mexican restaurant in the shopping center where Ohana and Prospectors is. Haven't been yet but I'm curious to hear about others' experiences.
PS3D
I know I've seen for this all the time, but they are building a collection of townhomes in the wooded area between the substation and the area where the Southwood Animal Hospital is on the "frontage road". My only complaint is another non-stoplight entrance onto 2818. Now I know why that median is there...

(New Development list)
originaltexan
local expert has reviewed

http://www.yelp.com/biz/casa-pachita-college-station
CDub06
AG
There are no experts on that page. Where's Greg D?
dgonzo99
Any truth to the rumor that the small Wings N More in west Bryan is being replaced with a big one at Rudder's Landing?
Tim Weaver
I'd like to say that my Wife and I have a Photography studio (Daniela Weaver Photography) open at 909B Harvey road in the Woodstone shopping center. We've been open since late last year in this location. Hopefully we can still make the "list"! lol Daniela is the photographer, I get to carry heavy stuff around for her.

http://www.danielaweaver.com/

We do it all. Commercial, family, pets, weddings, events, you name it. We are an Honest-to-goodness real studio. Ask Darrin (Studio One) about us! lol

Thanks ya'll

BTW, Darrin, you need to bring over your saw and get that tree trunk out of our yard. There be plenty of bowls in that there trunk.....
AggieKatie2
AG
My padre said something about Cabela's building 17 new locations in the next 2 years, and one of those will be in B/CS. I'm suspect....
PS3D
It will probably be a smaller one (not a big flagship), not unlike what Waco has.
Max06
AG
They could take over the Gander Mountain location...
techno-ag
AG
quote:
My padre said something about Cabela's building 17 new locations in the next 2 years, and one of those will be in B/CS. I'm suspect....
Would be nice if true.
OnlyANobody
The liquor store that was in the Bryan Target center is gone. (Longneck Liquor)
KAS516
quote:
Getting back to the actual subject of this thread (sorry to distract from all the genuflecting), Casa Pachita is now open. It's a Mexican restaurant in the shopping center where Ohana and Prospectors is. Haven't been yet but I'm curious to hear about others' experiences.
Food is very good! Pork tacos are small (flavor is mighty), but you get 4. I enjoy places attached to gas stations, so the decor was not an issue. I'll go back!
bcstx06
The Master List has been updated. I have added a new section "Local Business Spotlight" Daniela Weaver Photography is the first on the list. Created this section because I did not know where to put already established businesses.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.