Bryan/College Station - Coming & Going, Retail, Restaurants, Businesses, etc (2015)

503,032 Views | 1377 Replies | Last: 7 yr ago by Stewade
AggiePirate
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
quote:
University Dr - between Jane and Eisenhower (after razing the old Black-Eyed Pea and the building next door). Get ready for many FTR's since his royal highness works just across the street.
HRH, my Greg works at Jimmy Jon's?! Has he reviewed himself? Or would that cause a space/time continuum rift? It makes so much sense now why it takes so long for sammiches from that place. He must construct each one with expert precision and care, a slave to his own obsession with perfection. If this be the case I def have to invest about 30 mins to wait for a master crafted sammich by his greatness.
AggiePhil
AG
quote:
DBS my cocktail experience with the Monkey ended when Sprite made an appearance in a margarita. Unusual to say the least. Good beer though.

It goes in a Mexican martini. Not too far off.
barsa
AG
What is going in where land is being cleared south of Independence Harley-Davidson?
MsC2012
AG
^the real estate center. Cortiers and some other real estate companies.
MsC2012
AG
And the lululemon store isn't a true store. It's their showroom model. It's only going to be open for short amounts of time 3 days a week.
rcannaday
AG
Old S&W building off of University has a "Zoning" change sign up...? Any clues?
MisterShipWreck
Anyone know what the new lot being cleared by the Harley Davidson place will be? What about the lot being cleared by the Primrose School?
KidDoc
AG
quote:
Anyone know what the new lot being cleared by the Harley Davidson place will be? What about the lot being cleared by the Primrose School?
Dunno about the Harley spot. The Primrose spot is going to be Aggieland CU I think.
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
MiMi
S
quote:
Dunno about the Harley spot.

As previously posted, it's going to be Cortiers/real estate center
MisterShipWreck
Thanks!
patrick.redmill
Anyone know anything about Kluay Kluay Thai opening up on Freedom Blvd? Went by the other day and signage is up/ looks pretty ready on the inside. Looking forward to more Thai food in town.
techno-ag
AG
quote:
Restaurant?
southerner
AG
quote:

Pappadeaux
PS3D
Does anyone know what ground is being cleared for on Holleman Drive S, but on the opposite Cottages and west of the substation?
Rapier108
http://www.kbtx.com/home/headlines/Pappadeux-Razzoos-Other-Restaurants-Coming-to-College-Station-315538821.html
techno-ag
AG
quote:
One big name, Pappadeux still wants to build a seafood restaurant at the old Scott & White Clinic on University Drive.

News 3 looks at Pappadeux's plan and at some other new places to eat.

For nearly two years now we've been telling you about Pappa's plans to open up a Pappadeux Seafood Kitchen.

Things seem to have been going slowly, but the company is asking College Station's Planning and Zoning Commission to consider a zoning request to allow more parking.

Let it happen! Hope P&Z doesn't screw this up.
dgonzo99
A Sleep Inn is being proposed for Bryan.
The Brazos Kid
I didn't see this in the last couple pages. Forgive me if it's been mentioned but I found a new sno cone or "shaved ice" vendor in front of Village Foods on Briarcrest: Sno Monkey. Thought his get up was so cool I offered to do a business video for him!
PS3D
There's also Surf's Up Shaved Ice that's a new mobile vendor. The owner might reappear on TexAgs someday...
The Brazos Kid
PS3D, is that the one in front of the Beer Joint out on 30?
nashvilleaggie11
Can you link the video/provide us with a website/Facebook for them? I, too, saw them at Village Foods the other day and LOVED the look of the whole thing. Their setup would be fantastic as a backdrop for a photoshoot...
PS3D
quote:
PS3D, is that the one in front of the Beer Joint out on 30?

Maybe?
The Brazos Kid
I don't think I can direct link his FB page from my phone but just search Sno Monkey on FB. It will return a few results. Look for the page with around 79 likes. I haven't shot a video yet. He's planning on being at a couple high traffic events and that would look better for a video rather than just sitting at the end of a parking lot.
sawemoff94
AG
At the CSLL board meeting last night there was talk about Ty Warren opening a sports training facility (batting cages, turf fields, etc) out in Milican. Anyone heard anything about this?
ChampsAg
Field House Sports BCS out in Millican

They are on Facebook.

Located on the left right before you get to the 4-way stop on Wellborn.
carpe vinum
AG
Sounds cool, best of luck to an Aggie great.
australopithecus robustus
Texas 21 Saloon soft opened today out on 21 East. Pretty cool looking little roadhouse.
carpe vinum
AG
whereabouts?
australopithecus robustus
At the flashing yellow light (I believe that's marino road). Next to Mack bolt and steel.
carpe vinum
AG
Cool, that was a great little dive back when I was at A&M.
redd38
AG
Apparently some new bar called 12 Northgate is opening tomorrow. Not sure where but I'm thinking it's where The Ranch was.
C XX I
Didn't know The Ranch was closed (been awhile since I've walked down that way), I thought it was just Schotzis and Skyy bar that went down.
FlyRod
Sounds like a whole mess of FTRs by His Lordship are just around the corner...
bcstx06
I don't know if anyone has mentioned but at Northpoint Crossing (corner of Texas and University) a place called World of Beer is opening up below the apartments.
World of Beer

Come on Bryan, you are letting College Station build all of these nice new restaurants and we haven't heard anything form you. Maybe someone in the know can give us some inside scoop on what might be coming to Bryan soon.

I will update the front page with all of the new info soon.
redd38
AG
Bryan is getting Blackwater. There's another bar in development downtown too.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.