Bryan/College Station - Coming & Going, Retail, Restaurants, Businesses, etc (2015)

503,021 Views | 1377 Replies | Last: 7 yr ago by Stewade
FlyRod
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Will Razoo's be a rival to Swamp Tails? Different enough to coexist?
Bunk Moreland
Razoos will have 3 times the menu, and 3 times the support. It's probably the chili's or olive garden of Cajun food. Which is great by me.

There should be room for both to easily coexist as long as swamp tails continues to develop and grow.
carpe vinum
AG
Razzoo's , to me, is the yuppy version of cajun food with a big fish bowl of multicolored drinks as their selling point. Not at all what Swamptails is peddling.
Bunk Moreland
mgreen
A better question is can Razoos and Willie Ice House both survive next to each other. Razoos is much more about the bar.
techno-ag
AG
quote:
The article on KBTX said August 10th or 17th.
I talked to one of the managers who said Monday the 17th.
CrazyAgE
quote:
A better question is can Razoos and Willie Ice House both survive next to each other. Razoos is much more about the bar.

Raising Canes and Laynes would like to have a word with you
FlyRod
Thanks carpe. That makes more sense now.

So their selling point is going to be those "juice boxes for adults" that La Bodega was so renowned for?
Fonzie Scheme
AG
I may have missed it but the Remax office on Rudder is moving to Fitch Pkwy next month. They just built that building next to Wilton's a few years ago. I guess there'll be some vacant office space available.
MSTC Man
AG
What are they building at the corner of Hwy 6 and Rock Prairie Road? This area is located on the east side of the highway and in front of the new Scott and White Hospital.
carpe vinum
AG
quote:
What are they building at the corner of Hwy 6 and Rock Prairie Road? This area is located on the east side of the highway and in front of the new Scott and White Hospital.
http://texags.com/forums/35/topics/2643464
bcstx06
Does anyone know the name of the large Sports Recovery/Wellness Center that was/is building in Bryan's Park Hudson/Copperfield Area? I mentioned it on here within the past year or so but can't find any information about it now.
Max06
AG
D1 Sports Training
bcstx06
quote:
D1 Sports Training
http://arkitex.com/portfolio_page/tx-sports-medicine/
Is this still happening?
Max06
AG
Yes. D1 will be owned by Central Texas Sports Medicine.
bcstx06
quote:
Yes. D1 will be owned by Central Texas Sports Medicine.
Do you know if construction has started? That website said that it should open this month.
ChampsAg
Still waiting on BCS Fieldhouse Sports to break ground. Drove by today and no activity. They are supposed to open in October I thought.
Max06
AG
Building is up but not sure how far along they are. I didn't study it too hard as I was going by on my morning run.
NJ transplant
quote:
Spoons is moving back into their old location in the Kohl's shopping center on Texas. They bought at the Galaxy Tea Place and will be moving back in ASAP.
I like Yogurtland better!
C XX I
Interesting first post.
toolshed
AG
I don't know the back story at all, but Ace Bolt and Screw used to be located on Texas, catty corner to Carter Burger. It was bought out, I think by another company and rebranded. I don't know if that location is still open. But I noticed the other day that Ace Bolt and Screw is now open in an old car dealership, I think, farther north at Texas and Dodge, across from Surplus warehouse, same side as La Michoacana but a couple buildings north.
BCStalk
Thanks for posting. I refuse to use fastenal. Ace is just who I grew up with.
isitjustme
AG
Noticed Wokamole was back open the other day and we went tonight. The lady said they closed for a while b/c they took a trip home to China.

Anyway, no more Mexican food on the menu. And they added some "authentic" Chinese dishes. I tried one, schezuan pork, it was great, and didn't really taste like any other schezuan I'd had in the U.S. I've never been to China so I'll have to take their word that it's authentic. The dishes the family had we're also very good.
techno-ag
AG
quote:
Razoos will have 3 times the menu, and 3 times the support. It's probably the chili's or olive garden of Cajun food. Which is great by me.

There should be room for both to easily coexist as long as swamp tails continues to develop and grow.
Razoos got an ftr on Yelp, and not by the usual suspect. Evidently somebody walked in while they were training staff and got to try stuff.
OnlyANobody
Someone's gonna be MAAAY-AD.....
MiMi
S
Or he'll misspell the name to get his own FTR
ethridgem
AG
The Stripes at 2818/Holleman opens on 8/10 and they have a Laredo Taco Company inside.
jja79
AG
Why do people think mediocre food sitting under a heat lamp in a gas station is good?
James Russell
AG
The tacos are fairly fresh, compared to the rest of the food. I, myself, am pleased that Stripes/Laredo Taco Company are moving in to B/CS.
phatpat21
Have you ever had it? It's not bad at all and their tortillas are good
James Russell
AG
I grew up in south texas, where Stripes stores are all over the place. Ate their breakfast tacos almost every day. I actually lost weight when I made it up to A&M.
phatpat21
I grew up south of San Antonio so I've had my share of breakfast tacos as well. I had never tried stripes until I lived up near Abilene and I was pleasantly surprised the first time I had a taco from stripes. Glad they are building another
MsC2012
AG
We are getting a Tea 2 Go at Tower Point.
LastHamlet
AG
Has anyone tried the Smashburger on campus yet? I have only eaten at one in Kuwait so I'm eager to try it when I get back home at the end of this year.
C XX I
It's good...for campus food.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.