Bryan/College Station - Coming & Going, Retail, Restaurants, Businesses, etc (2015)

509,541 Views | 1377 Replies | Last: 8 yr ago by Stewade
bcstx06
How long do you want to ignore this user?
quote:
bcstx06, can you please remove that unfounded rumor from the front page?

I am also concerned that MaysAggie2015 is somehow involved in putting together info for prospective businesses when he has such an obvious anti-Bryan bias.
Its off the front page, though I still need to update the front page.
So are you saying that this guy somehow discourages businesses from thinking about locating in Bryan?
techno-ag
AG
quote:
quote:
bcstx06, can you please remove that unfounded rumor from the front page?

I am also concerned that MaysAggie2015 is somehow involved in putting together info for prospective businesses when he has such an obvious anti-Bryan bias.
Its off the front page, though I still need to update the front page.
So are you saying that this guy somehow discourages businesses from thinking about locating in Bryan?
From what I understand, that account is shared by multiple people, some of whom are rather inflammatory. Low credibility.
CN
quote:
Kluay Kluay Thai restaurant opened on Freedom Blvd yesterday. My wife, a couple of friends, and I went; we all thought it was pretty solid. A step up from Lanna Thai.

Thanks for the heads up, it was awesome!
redd38
AG
quote:
It appears that Arbano Cafe on Holleman has closed for good...and has been closed for awhile now. Anyone know what might be coming to that space? I assume it will be another restaurant.

Apparently the city is no longer requiring the first floor to be commercial, so it seems they are going to turn it into more apartments.
redd38
AG
Not technically a coming or going but Halo had a fire last week and they're temporarily closed due to it.
stonebase
Paradise Liquor, "Coming Soon", sign up on door in between the new Layne's and Rattlers on Arrington Road
techno-ag
AG
quote:
quote:
It appears that Arbano Cafe on Holleman has closed for good...and has been closed for awhile now. Anyone know what might be coming to that space? I assume it will be another restaurant.

Apparently the city is no longer requiring the first floor to be commercial, so it seems they are going to turn it into more apartments.
Good news!
PS3D
Does anyone know what "Holleman Village at College Station" is, north of the Cottages? It seems to be unrelated to the Holleman Village at Jones-Butler just a few blocks north, and Googling the name in quotes is unhelpful. I think it's apartments, but...
BCStalk
Fire and Ice moved today.
australopithecus robustus
SIAP. Texas 21 Saloon recently opened . College Station Cornhole League has a tournament tonight. Great outdoor vibe/park like setting. Neat food menu. On hwy 21 east. Looks like a winner.
AgsWin2011
AG
quote:
Paradise Liquor, "Coming Soon", sign up on door in between the new Layne's and Rattlers on Arrington Road
This is good news for me as I'm in Nantucket. Now I have a liquor store right down the road. I know Whiskey Charlie's is next to HEB but that place is way overpriced. I've been to the Paradise Liqour store near the Argyle area on I-35W and it was awesome. It was also huge so I guess this will just be a small version of that. But they have good prices.
FlyRod
FlyRod
NativeTxn
quote:
Fire and Ice moved today.
...Where?
BCStalk
Oh sorry. Other side of Blinn on the corner of Nash and Villa Maria
Max06
AG
Bush's Chicken sign up next to American Lube Stop at TowerPoint
eloc62
never heard of Bush's Chicken. any better than Chicken Express, Popeye's, KFC, or Church's? btw, those new KFC commercials are really weird.
ski-man
AG
FWIW, like Bush's and get it whenever I come to Texas.
Let's go ski-man!
NativeTxn
quote:
Oh sorry. Other side of Blinn on the corner of Nash and Villa Maria
Thanks. Love that place!
jja79
AG
No.
delta-lima88
AG
quote:
never heard of Bush's Chicken. any better than Chicken Express, Popeye's, KFC, or Church's? btw, those new KFC commercials are really weird.
Can only judge Bush's by store in Brenham.
FIL made us stop there when coming to town as he used to love it. Last month was his last straw as his chicken "tasted like it was under the lights since yesterday".
Now will be shopping for another chicken joint...
Mediocre chicken at best.
KidDoc
AG
Popeye's is my chicken junkfood restaurant of choice. Only get it once every couple of months though just too many calories.
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
Ric Clark
quote:
Bush's Chicken sign up next to American Lube Stop at TowerPoint
You will love Bush's Chicken.......they are out of San Antonio, and similar to Chicken Express.
redd38
AG
Looks like the drive thru at the original Layne's is back open. No more giant potholes!
crbongos
AG
Bushs Is to Chicken as Torchys is to Tacos. At least in Waco.
dfphotos
Torchys is a terrible comparison
CrazyAgE
quote:
Popeye's is my chicken junkfood restaurant of choice. Only get it once every couple of months though just too many calories.

Do we even still have a Popeyes around here?
Max06
AG
2818 & Villa Maria

WJ Bryan & SH6 in the Shell station
carpe vinum
AG
quote:
2818 & Villa Maria

WJ Bryan & SH6 in the Shell station
Indeed. Spicy strips dipped in the cajun gravy = YUM
FlyRod
quote:
SIAP. Texas 21 Saloon recently opened . College Station Cornhole League has a tournament tonight. Great outdoor vibe/park like setting. Neat food menu. On hwy 21 east. Looks like a winner.

Went there over the weekend with friends. Hadn't had a burger in a long time so figured I'd try theirs. They are off the chain great burgers. Nice beer selection...mix of usual suspects and a few craft beers. Real nice people, family-friendly and definitely not "divey."
Firefighter7
Sorry if this has been discussed but has Razoos opened yet?
OnlyANobody
The article on KBTX said August 10th or 17th.
O.G.
There is a Bush's in Gatesville as well. Never eaten there though.
nashvilleaggie11
Spoons is moving back into their old location in the Kohl's shopping center on Texas. They bought at the Galaxy Tea Place and will be moving back in ASAP.
jja79
AG
quote:
There is a Bush's in Gatesville as well. Never eaten there though.

It's unremarkable.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.