Bryan/College Station - Coming & Going, Retail, Restaurants, Businesses, etc (2015)

501,006 Views | 1377 Replies | Last: 7 yr ago by Stewade
Fonzie Scheme
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
quote:
More HEBs coming, eh?

That will not sit well with the Yelp King of Aggieland...he does not like them one bit and will withhold his royal blessing.

They are the windmills to his Don Quixote.
K2T2
quote:
But...it was "said on TXAgs"...so it must be true.
Bahahaha, this ties in nicely to this review of a Sprouts grocery store in ANOTHER CITY that Greg D left:

"Loved the layout and customer service. Just don't care for the company as they lied claiming they were going to open a location in College Station and failed to. You don't lie to your customers.

Everyone I talked to that works here agreed that it was wrong for the company to lie and claim they were going to open a location in College Station Texas and then fail to."
PS3D
They were going to open a location but in the end didn't cancel. King FTR apparently thinks that constitutes as "lying".
java94
AG

quote:
China King Buffet at SW Pkwy and Texas may be closed. I say "maybe" because the lettering is removed, but the center is under renovation, but it does not have a banner like the stores on the south side
I just saw a China King commercial at the end of the 10pm KBTX news, and they mentioned a recent remodel. So I'd bet they are still open.
drivinwest
AG
They are still open. I drove by there the other day and the sign was on and parking lot full.
texasaggie04
AG
Front page doesn't have it, but Rx Pizza in Downtown Bryan is planning for winter 2016.
dgonzo99
The 400 acre Oakmont Community is planned for East Bryan.
http://wtaw.com/2015/11/11/bryan-city-council-approves-eastside-master-planned-community/
bcstx06
Okay guys, I have updated the front page! Let me know if anything was missed. I did not add new stores, restaurants or businesses without specific names. So if you have mentioned something on here without the name and you want it added, get me the name and I will add it.

So the new Hungry Howie's will be just north of University on Texas Ave? So I'm guessing its on the Bryan side?

Great to hear about Bryan's new 400 acre (around 800 homes) master planned community. To get some perspective, what other master planned communities in this area compare in size to this development?

Bryan City Council Approves Eastside Master Planned Community

Rendering of the new Embassy Suites next to Bank of America on University where the old Black Eyed Pea/China Star Buffet, etc. use to be.

College Station Approves Embassy Suites

nashvilleaggie11
Can we please just demolish that hideous Bank of America building already? That space is ideal for anything but that.
Kate Beckett
AG
Hey now I work in that building.

But really, it is an eyesore.
australopithecus robustus
Nashville,

Why don't you put it under contract and get it bought? Then you can do what you want with it
nashvilleaggie11
Eh, it's an eyesore and I hate the building, but there are much more appealing properties/land that I would rather scoop up.
australopithecus robustus
Right
C XX I
If the UHaul went with it, that would be nice.
Sprite09
AG
Heard the new Hungry Howies will go into the new building that sits where Fajita Ritas used to be next to Yesterdays.
AG
How can you complain about the BOA building when almost everything around it is 10 times worse. There is nothing about the BOA building that makes it an "eyesore".
FlyRod
The Blackwater Draw brewery and tasting room in downtown Bryan is coming along nicely...poked my head in and it looks like they will be open early spring.

Sadly it appears they won't be serving food, as they are trying to get food trucks to show up there like they do at New Republic.
AgsWin2011
AG
When is the Taco Casa at Caprock opening?
MiMi
S
Taco Casa on Fitch (Castlegate Plaza) opens today.
AgsWin2011
AG
NICE!
dyhrdag
So the Mayor (member at Miramont) approves for Adam to build another community next to Miramont? and the taxpayers reimburse Adam? Same priced homes as Miramont? Miramont is about 25% built out?
AggieKatie2
AG
I doubt he will charge the same as miramont without a golf course
carpe vinum
AG
quote:
So the Mayor (member at Miramont) approves for Adam to build another community next to Miramont? and the taxpayers reimburse Adam? Same priced homes as Miramont? Miramont is about 25% built out?
How much does Ag land pay per year in taxes compared to the same land with 100+ expensive homes?
bbb3434
Empty lots don't pay the city much, and un-metered water wells (MIramont) should be illegal, Bienski !!
phatpat21
Well, anyone go today?
tvoiles
Had takeout from the new Taco Casa last night, the tacos were excellent
AgsWin2011
AG
Their Taco Lite's are legit.
MiMi
S
quote:
Well, anyone go today?
Yep, went for dinner last night. Tacos are pretty good, but I though the Super Taco was a bit overprized at $3.09. More of everything in the tacos compared to Taco Bell. Any size tea for $0.99.
JohnnyQuest86
Bourbon and BBQ place downtown is officially called "All the King's Men". I can't wait!
BCStalk
Lb. of cheese. Love it
redd38
AG
quote:
Bourbon and BBQ place downtown is officially called "All the King's Men". I can't wait!

Tell me more...
EBrazosAg
AG
Empty lots pay a lot more than ag land. From what I saw, the development lots look much more like Copperfield size than Miramont. And changing the long standing laws of Texas (actually from pre - state days and English Common Law) of right of capture for water seems a bit much because you don't like Mr Adam. Enjoy the reading about water laws in Texas - or perhaps we could have a really intelligent set of water laws like New Mexico or California......Texas Water Law
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
Fleen
Lanna Thai gone, New sign going up today...

Master Ya...something...
bcstx06
The average price of a home in Oakmont:
quote:
"This land has been owned by the company for several years, and we have always thought that Bryan would be well-served with this style of master-planned community," said Donald Adam, Adam Development chairman and CEO in a press release. "With a widened University Drive and Oakmont's proximity to Texas A&M University, homeowners will be able to reach the university in a matter of minutes. Not only will it be beautifully landscaped, but the community will offer homes averaging $375,000."

dyhrdag
Homes averaging 375,000? Good luck city of Bryan, paying for another Adam development!

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.