Bryan/College Station - Coming & Going, Retail, Restaurants, Businesses, etc (2015)

501,018 Views | 1377 Replies | Last: 7 yr ago by Stewade
izzie1717
How long do you want to ignore this user?
How do you Roll had a sign up that their location had been closed. I don't know if this is permanent or if it is temporary. It could be that it's been like that for a while and I'm just late to the party. Oh well. Just passing on the information!

izzie
dgonzo99
quote:
How do you Roll had a sign up that their location had been closed. I don't know if this is permanent or if it is temporary. It could be that it's been like that for a while and I'm just late to the party. Oh well. Just passing on the information!

izzie
I really don't that type of food at all, but I would be sorry for the place to close. The owners of the chain are really interesting guys. They were featured on "Shark Tank".
izzie1717
Such a shame. It wasn't a bad place for cheap sushi. Many times the prices were lower than HEB sushi so we would swing by there when we had a craving but not the $$ for a full sushi meal at Azure/Atami/Kamei/etc.
Tim Weaver
Thanks BCS!
PS3D
A Valero is going to be built at Rock Prairie and Highway 6 per new development list
Tailgate88
AG
^^ Where? On the Scott & White corner?

On another note - they demolished the old house at the corner of 40 and Wellborn and are doing dirt work. I recall some big gas station/convenience store was going to be built there; looks like they are getting started.
carpe vinum
AG
quote:
A Valero is going to be built at Rock Prairie and Highway 6 per new development list

techno-ag
AG
Glad to see Weingarten is still willing to do business in the city after that Walmart fiasco.
RafterAg223
AG
Weingarten really has no choice there. They are already ground leasing that corner on a very long term from the local developer that owned it when the entire tract for Walmart was put together. They have to try and find people to come in and lease the dirt from them to try and get close to being made whole on the deal. I'm sure they would have dumped it a long time ago if they actually owned the land.
techno-ag
AG
Interesting. Thanks for sharing, Rafter.
PS3D
quote:
^^ Where? On the Scott & White corner?

On another note - they demolished the old house at the corner of 40 and Wellborn and are doing dirt work. I recall some big gas station/convenience store was going to be built there; looks like they are getting started.

That would be a new Stripes.
Firefighters Wife
I noticed a sign on the land next to Cracker Barrel & across the parking lot of Target that says " Hyatt House coming soon" (which is a Hyatt extended stay hotel)

Redpot76
Another big plus for Rockin' B Steakhouse out on Tabor Rd. Food was fabulous and the service great.
mAgnoliAg
AG
Just saw the 2015 thread
techno-ag
AG
quote:
Another big plus for Rockin' B Steakhouse out on Tabor Rd. Food was fabulous and the service great.
Ate there today on your recommendation. Service and food were excellent. I was impressed with the remodel on the inside. Very nice compared to the old Iron Skillet. I was also surprised to see a full service bar and a nice back porch. Definitely on my rotation list. Thanks for mentioning it.
Kate Beckett
AG
Gonna try this place out.
mAgnoliAg
AG
Is boneheads the place with amazing oysters? Or is it somewhere else in BCS?
isitjustme
AG
Swamp Tails, a Cajun themed restaurant, will be moving into the south end of the Westgate strip center on Welborn into the place Garpez tried their 2nd restaurant.

From another thread, former big daddy's location on South College and Carson bulldozed to make room for a new gas station (Stripes?)

From front page - as noted before, Kolache Rolf's in Boonville next to Kroger has been opened for a while now, so no longer coming soon.

FlyRod
Nice. We've needed a Cajun/Creole restaurant for awhile.
mAgnoliAg
AG
quote:

Guess not
Brewmaster
AG
Rockin B Steakhouse

Anyone been? seems to get good reviews.
PS3D
quote:
quote:

Guess not

I think you may be thinking of Shipwreck.
mAgnoliAg
AG
quote:
quote:
quote:

Guess not

I think you may be thinking of Shipwreck.
momlaw
AG
Looking forward to giving them a try

Rockin B
- check out photos of food served

looking forward to trying this

menu - nice price points for what looks delicious
KidDoc
AG
I welcome more Cajun places for sure, but Shipwrecked is pretty dang good.
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
Brewmaster
AG
quote:

quote:
Ate there today on your recommendation. Service and food were excellent. I
was impressed with the remodel on the inside. Very nice compared to the
old Iron Skillet. I was also surprised to see a full service bar and a
nice back porch. Definitely on my rotation list. Thanks for mentioning
it.
Definitely going to try them out now! thanks for the reviews
Rexter
Razzoos is moving into the bostons location.
PS3D
Oh, so is the rumor confirmed?

Also: I thought I read Taste of China closed. Is that true? (Not that I care about ToC)
Rexter
Bostons signs are coming down and city is doing some sort of inspection
ratfacemcdougal
Razoos has a College Station Facebook page, coming 2015
JarAG2007
AG
If you want good cajun and don't mind drving a little ways out of BCS, about 20-30 minutes depending on where you live, go to MBeaux in Carlos, TX.

Take HWY 30 past the landfill going towards Huntsville and in Carlos, blinking lights near Gibbons Creek Reservoir, take a right on FM 244 and it's about 3 miles down on your left. Some great crawfish, etouffee, boudin balls, quail, deep fried rolls w/honey!, buckets of beer, etc.

Some of the best crawfish I have ever had, so if you want a quick trip with the family for good cajun give it a shot! Crawfish season is on right now!
mAgnoliAg
AG
La Botanica run by same people as La Botana? Is it open yet? Should we eat that or Coco Loco tonight?
isitjustme
AG
It's actually la botana, not la botanica. Look at the pic a couple pages back.
mAgnoliAg
AG
Is it open? And is it good?
mAgnoliAg
AG
Well we are at the southgate La Botana

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.