Bryan/College Station - Coming & Going, Retail, Restaurants, Businesses, etc (2015)

503,028 Views | 1377 Replies | Last: 7 yr ago by Stewade
jja79
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
quote:
I think the hotel openings have more to do with the visiting team. I don't see many Ball St fans traveling to the game. Most A&M fans will just come in for the day.

Now when Alabama or another big name comes, their fans will travel in larger numbers and fill up the hotels.

Still plenty of rooms for Alabama weekend. In years past you had to reserve by Feb or March to get a room.
dgonzo99
Mattress One is going in a new shopping center that is to be built across the street from HEB on Villa Maria is Bryan.
MiMi
S
Tea2Go opened yesterday. It's in Caprock in the same strip as Mathnasium.
dgonzo99
What do they have at Tea2Go? Just tea?
MiMi
S
Yes. They only have tea. Many, many types of loose tea that they can prepare hot or cold for you. The loose tea is also sold by the ounce.
jman12878
I overheard someone shopping at HEB earlier who said that Costco is looking to come to College Station. She said that she found out from someone who worked for the city.
Does anyone think that Costco will work in the area? Or can anyone confirm that they are looking in the area?

Also, about Aldi grocery store in Bryan...are they currently taking applications? Possible opening date?
techno-ag
AG
quote:
I overheard someone shopping at HEB earlier who said that Costco is looking to come to College Station. She said that she found out from someone who worked for the city.
Does anyone think that Costco will work in the area? Or can anyone confirm that they are looking in the area?

Also, about Aldi grocery store in Bryan...are they currently taking applications? Possible opening date?
Liberal darlings of the retail world like Costco & Whole Foods will prolly not open a store here.
rc_cat
quote:

I've had a Price Club/Costco membership for ~30 years - I'm not sure they'd do the business here they do in larger/more affluent areas - although I guess it could pull in the people from Navasota, Caldwell, etc. who currently go to Austin or Houston. There are actually 3 Costcos within approx. 75 miles of CS - but, a Costco here would be wonderful. I'll keep hoping!
carpe vinum
AG
They are just trying to position themselves for growth. It appears cheaper to buy in now, take a loss for a few years than to try to buy in when things are hot for prime real estate. If it doesn't pan out just sell the property. I see it in other areas. Don't forget the projected growth of the Houston, Austin, Dallas triangle. Heavy industry is buying in now to be ready for the future growth.
BQ05
AG
Stopped by Tea2Go today. Great place. They are having a soft opening this week. I believe buy one tea get one free!
MsC2012
AG
Zaxby's is coming to town!!
BlueMiles
AG
Did World of Beer manage to open? Aiming for the 12th, but I haven't been by.
redd38
AG
World of Beer is supposed to open this Saturday.
aggiepaintrain
techno-ag
AG
quote:
We ever figure out the parking for this? Is it free?
halibut sinclair
quote:
quote:
We ever figure out the parking for this? Is it free?
I figured it out. Don't know about you.
FlyRod
chloelee
Garlyn Shelton has been sold to the people who own CS Ford. Should be completed
by end of the year.
PS3D
Damn, that SUCKS.
DBSwooper
quote:
Damn, that SUCKS.

Meh.mmthe dealership had horrible customer service. To the point that we took our VWs to Momentum for service until out of warranty (The Bug Clinic sense). I'm not sure they could get any worse.
NuttyKlump
FlyRod
http://www.yelp.com/biz/world-of-beer-college-station?hrid=vKjLapOwHMaaM722rWwhuA

It looks like World of Beer opened...and someone is NOT happy about missing the FTR.
BlueMiles
AG
Edit again to add SPOILER ALERT

What a plot twist! It's open, but GregD claims it is not!

Thanks for the link!

Edit to add, I have not verified it's open.
nashvilleaggie11
Greg D is not the brightest. There was a VIP opening party on Friday night (which was great by the way.) Looks like someone is just butt hurt they didn't get invited.
Kate Beckett
AG
I work across the street so I'll verify tomorrow.
techno-ag
AG
At least he indicated there was free parking.
beefly95
Add West End Elixir Company... Very cool bar on Northgate
KidDoc
AG
Went to World of Beer today and loved it! Great everything will be back.
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
CDub06
AG
quote:

What a plot twist! It's open, but GregD claims it is not!
Fonzie Scheme
AG
What a loser.
aggmaroon
AG
We went to World of Beer last night. It was great. My husband sampled several beers. They have a great selection of flights for sampling. I had cider, which they also have many to choose from. I don't like beer, but I enjoy having a great beverage with my husband. We will definitely be back. Didn't have a chance to eat, but the s'more waffles looked fabulous!
FlyRod
Beefly, does West End Elixir Co have food or just drinks?
aggmaroon
AG
We also tried Tea2Go on Sunday afternoon. My daughter loves tea. They had lots of selection. You could pick a certain brew or choose one of the express teas, which were already brewed. It was fun smelling all of the teas. The environment was great. We will definitely be returning.
jman12878
A new Eyemart place is opening up next to supercuts in culpepper plaza.
AggieKatie2
AG
Did the Oakley store in the mall close?

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.