Bryan/College Station - Coming & Going, Retail, Restaurants, Businesses, etc (2015)

503,029 Views | 1377 Replies | Last: 7 yr ago by Stewade
CDub06
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
That signage has been up for months. I have not heard about any progress on it
Scruffy
AG
My friend works at rough draught and I don't recall him saying anything about it.

I don't go that way often so it's new to me.
Maybe the super inquirers on here can provide information.

Edited because filtering of a non-bad word
C XX I
They've been working on it, supposedly, since before the fall semester started. Not sure what's up. Their logo is also pretty blatantly in violation of the UT longhorn trademark agreement, so if/when they ever open it'll be interesting.

There was quite a bit of work going on inside the old Loupots on Northgate, a couple weeks back. Not sure if it's for the once intended sake/sushi bar, or something new.
Scruffy
AG
I haven't seen anything to suggest work has been done the last times I've walk by.
While the sake bar thing seems dead, so does any renovation.
C XX I
It's been dead for months. But there was a day of demo that happened recently; I believe it was Monday the 14th. Crew of 4-5 guys with a uhaul ripping out tons of the interior. Regardless of what's coming, it's obviously a long ways off.
The Ragonk Strikes Back
The Ragonk Strikes Back
dgonzo99
Does anybody know what is moving into a recently restored home at the corner of 28th and Parker in the Downtown Bryan area? There is a sign in the window saying that they are trying to get a permit to sell Alcoholic beverages. No real parking in the area except for St. Anthony's parking lots.
PS3D
SIAP, but Gold's Gym and Petsmart are coming to Tower Point.
dgonzo99
Pet Supplies Plus is coming to Bryan Towne Centre close to Target. The contract is pending.
montegobay
Exxon at corner of RP and 6 closed. All taped off last night.
carpe vinum
AG
Yeah it seems to have been closed for about a week. Weird.
Broncos
Tower Point is getting a Golds?! Best news today.
redd38
AG
There is apparently a bar on northgate called One15 that opened around Halloween. It's above the sushi place.
GiveEmHellBill
AG
quote:
I thought it was funny that new Valero across the highway ran it out of business so quickly.....
medicalag
AG
SIAP......what's going on with the dirt work between Allen Honda and Grand Station?
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
C XX I
Staff seems really well intentioned, and it was clean the two times I went in. Neat design, but (at least as of the last time I was there, about a month ago) they have absolutely no soul/identity. They're focusing on bottle service and club atmosphere, but with no crowd. It's a beautiful location, shame they haven't found something to properly fill it. Hopefully One15 will figure out a successful business model. All that having been said, I would recommend going there simply because the staff was so nice and clearly trying hard.
montegobay
Allen Honda is expanding.
Orlando Ayala Cant Read
AG
quote:
Another "I'm not surprised, nor will I shed any tears" restaurant. Like Great Wraps, El Pollo Pobre was a big letdown.
I was seriously so pumped about Great Wraps. About 10 years ago this was a great franchise. It went south fast and the College Station franchise got caught up in that.

I know the CS one in particular didn't have near the menu the other ones in big cities did and it was always so damn COLD inside that place.
Mr. Griswold
Allen Honda is building a brand new facility behind their current facility. Once it's complete, the current facility will be torn down and made into the parking lot.
aggies_2001
AG
Will Golds have a pool?
texasaggie04
AG
The old Loupots on Northgate was having something done to it today, the doors were open.

There's a place called taco bar at southwest and wellborn. Sorry if already posted.
dgonzo99
quote:
Will Golds have a pool?
I seriously doubt it. When my membership dues took a jump several years ago, I was told the rate increase was possibly for adding a pool. Never happened. You hardly find a pool in a Golds even in big cities like Houston and Dallas.
armymom
The Longmire Kroger is getting a Fuel Center...probably in the closed Exxon space at Rock Prairie & 6 as told by a Kroger cashier.
Juxgiant
Not sure if it has been posted yet, but the Ping's Buffet on Texas Ave, next to Firehouse Subs and Los Cucos, has apparently closed / renamed itself "Jin's Cafe."

Drove past it on the lot, and the new place is applying for a liquor license. Not sure if it has any relation to Jin's Asian Cafe on University Drive.
bonfiresmoke
I went to a great little bar at Northgate on Christmas Eve. The West End Elixir Company has a great atmosphere and fantastic staff. They were giving all tips that night to charity and taking toys to St. Joes for Christmas. Fantastic drink selection, all fresh ingredients. I will be going back for sure.
Kate Beckett
AG
My neighbor works there. Great place.
Sleepnumber
AG
quote:
The Longmire Kroger is getting a Fuel Center...probably in the closed Exxon space at Rock Prairie & 6 as told by a Kroger cashier.
What's a fuel center?
cctvAggie
quote:
quote:
What's a fuel center?

A center to get fuel
Smittyfubar
AG
Any clues as to what is being done between Grand Station and Allen Honda on the bypass?
Mr. Griswold
Allen Honda is building a brand new facility behind their current facility. Once it's complete, the current facility will be torn down and made into the parking lot.
aggieparent
Anyone know what is being built near the LaQuinta south of Kroger (on Rock Prairie)?
Orlando Ayala Cant Read
AG
quote:
Anyone know what is being built near the LaQuinta south of Kroger (on Rock Prairie)?
Are you talking about the Sleep Inn just the next lot over to the South?
nos7610
quote:
Kroger purchased it. Will be a Kroger fuel center.
BQ_90
AG
quote:
quote:
Kroger purchased it. Will be a Kroger fuel center.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.