Bryan/College Station - Coming & Going, Retail, Restaurants, Businesses, etc (2015)

503,030 Views | 1377 Replies | Last: 7 yr ago by Stewade
C XX I
How long do you want to ignore this user?
quote:
city is doing some sort of inspection

Ha! Knowing that building, this will be interesting.
parkerpb
Cowhide & Leather Candles is now open in Post Oak Mall. We are a local business located in the old bank. We are located at the mall entrance off Harvey Rd between JC Penney and men's Dillards.
dgonzo99
A Senior facility similar to Watercrest is proposed for Traditions in west Bryan.
RafterAg223
AG
Rattlers on highway 40 in South College Station is now open for business. The store looked really sharp on the inside with a good selection of craft beers and various other refreshments and specialty items.
PS3D
New Development shows a gas station at the southwest corner of Holleman and Rock Prairie. While it doesn't have a drive thru, it will probably put the screws to Rolling Ridge Grocery.
JBRAggie
Can anyone verify that Papadeaux's is definitely not going to build? I'm going to be really bummed if they don't. Would be nice to see that restaurant in CS, plus it's one of my favorite restaurants and it would be pretty much at my back door!
Fonzie Scheme
AG
Saw last night that a taqueria is going in where Gametime Pizza was, next to the big c-store in Wellborn.
Rockdoc
AG
Good! We'll take anything in the Wellborn area we can get.
summergal
Just to make a clarification...La Botanica is not the correct name. It's La Botana. They have been in the old DQ space at the corner of the bypass and WJB. Right next to the Valero. Their food is phenomenal AND...their breakfast tacos are to die for. Their parking lot is always full!
PS3D
quote:
Can anyone verify that Papadeaux's is definitely not going to build? I'm going to be really bummed if they don't. Would be nice to see that restaurant in CS, plus it's one of my favorite restaurants and it would be pretty much at my back door!

They said they would not build at the S&W location. That doesn't mean they won't look for other places in town, or that the old S&W building wouldn't be a restaurant.
FlyRod
They probably saw all the glowing posts about Sonic and Golden Corral and concluded, "Uh...maybe we should go somewhere else."
jja79
AG
quote:
Just to make a clarification...La Botanica is not the correct name. It's La Botana. They have been in the old DQ space at the corner of the bypass and WJB. Right next to the Valero. Their food is phenomenal AND...their breakfast tacos are to die for. Their parking lot is always full!

The reviews on facebook and yelp are horrible. But it's good?
Max06
AG
Their breakfast tacos are passable, nothing special. I have never been impressed with the rest of their food. There are A LOT better options for both breakfast tacos & lunch/dinner.
ksp
been a while since I have been, but was typical for around here. Had way better.
jja79
AG
So you guys don't agree with the prior review of phenomenal?
ksp
quote:
So you guys don't agree with the prior review of phenomenal?
I think everybody has different tastes. what works for me and you may not work for technoag and saratoga.

Best to try for yourself and decide. I think the one on villa maria and Texas ave on corner of the strip mall is excellent, but you may hate it(blanking on the name sorry).
Max06
AG
I would not call it "phenomenal" by any stretch. I have never seen their parking lot full either, but I no longer live across the highway from it so I don't see it frequently/at all hours of the day.
PS3D
quote:

La Botanica is the restaurant at the old Coco Loco at George Bush Drive.
mAgnoliAg
AG
I thought the one on southgate was pretty good. The reviews for it aren't "horrible." It's 4.5 on urban spoon, 4 on Facebook, and 3 on yelp. Their homemade tortillas were phenomenal. The meat was fairly good. I just got fajitas.
Fonzie Scheme
AG
I've only eaten breakfast at La Botana but enjoy it. It isn't my favorite but it's in the rotation.

Imagine that: not everyone feels the same way about something. And, of course, that makes you wrong for disagreeing. Shame on you.
isitjustme
AG
quote:

La Botanica is the restaurant at the old Coco Loco at George Bush Drive.

Then why does the picture of the sign on page 5 of this thread read "La Botana" and it is reviewed as "La Botana" on yelp? It is indeed La Botana. The poster who posted the pic actually called it La Botanica in what was either an accident or a big inability to read his own photo.

I've not been to the new CS La Botana, but I will because I'm in the group that likes the Bryan location. They do have very good breakfast tacos and their lunch/dinners are quite tasty.
halibut sinclair
quote:
I would not call it "phenomenal" by any stretch. I have never seen their parking lot full either, but I no longer live across the highway from it so I don't see it frequently/at all hours of the day.
LA BOTANA is packed most days at breakfast and lunch. The dinner crowd is lighter.

Add us to the group that enjoys LA BOTANA's food. Don't let the negative nannies get you down.
halibut sinclair
quote:

I think the one on villa maria and Texas ave on corner of the strip mall is excellent, but you may hate it(blanking on the name sorry).
That would be the Taqueria El Sol de Mexico.
Bunk Moreland
Rattlers on Arrington/Fitch has to be within a couple days of opening. Inside is fully stocked, letters are up, gas lanes are lit up and ready.
95_Aggie
AG
There was a sign up last night saying "Now Open"
Bunk Moreland
wow. maybe it is. Didn't notice it being open when I drove by this morning. Maybe it was and I just wasn't paying attention.
ksp
quote:
quote:

I think the one on villa maria and Texas ave on corner of the strip mall is excellent, but you may hate it(blanking on the name sorry).
That would be the Taqueria El Sol de Mexico.
That is it thx!
Buck Laughlin
AG
I'm pretty sure I saw a Kolache Rolf's sign in the window of the old Harold's Hot Dogs location on Wellborn.
ChampsAg
Yole's LaFamilia Taqueria in Wellborn coming soon
CWIsom
quote:

Yes I can confirm this.. It is the same owners as the one in Bryan on Texas Avenue
Orlando Ayala Cant Read
AG
quote:
I'm pretty sure I saw a Kolache Rolf's sign in the window of the old Harold's Hot Dogs location on Wellborn.
speaking of Kolaches I had Buccees Kolaches not too long ago and they are actually quite good. they are bit more generous with the middle toppings on the sweet Kolaches than are most other places.
summergal
I stand by my post. La Botana is great!
Spyderman
AG
quote:
Sounds great, but what Wellborn really needs is a DQ.
techno-ag
AG
quote:
quote:
Sounds great, but what Wellborn really needs is a DQ.
Spyderman remains consistent after all these years. Kudos.
Tailgate88
AG
quote:
quote:

Yes I can confirm this.. It is the same owners as the one in Bryan on Texas Avenue

And the same family as the La Familia at Barron and 6. And this one will have a dining room!

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.