Bryan/College Station - Coming & Going, Retail, Restaurants, Businesses, etc (2015)

503,017 Views | 1377 Replies | Last: 7 yr ago by Stewade
PS3D
How long do you want to ignore this user?
quote:
Same!

Harvey and Munson
halibut sinclair
quote:
Also heard that University Title Company is going to open a South College Station location at the business condo properties on William Fitch and Boonville Rd.

Where do Boonville and Fitch meet?
phatpat21
Mugwalls?
firefly1204
Good Question! Sorry!

Let's try this, Arrington and William Fitch. Must have been reading about Boonville and was thinking that when I typed.
PS3D
quote:
Mugwalls?

Same shopping center.
RafterAg223
AG
Yep, Looks like UTC will be inhabiting one of those architectural masterpieces being built near the bank.
PS3D
The old Black Eyed Pea's roadside sign had "Asia Star" on it or something. Another Chinese buffet that will get shut down by the health department, no doubt
GiveEmHellBill
AG
They are having roaches pre-installed in the walls to save time.
Kate Beckett
AG
Dang. I was hoping for something different in that location since I work in the BoA building.
Tailgate88
AG
quote:
The old Black Eyed Pea's roadside sign had "Asia Star" on it or something. Another Chinese buffet that will get shut down by the health department, no doubt
Hopefully there are at least new owners this time around, instead of the same owners rebranding the same crap food.
Max06
AG
Already had your fill of Mad Taco?!
OnlyANobody
quote:
quote:
Hopefully there are at least new owners this time around, instead of the same owners rebranding the same crap food.
I dunno... They still have that "buffet" banner that's been there, since, well, a long time ago.
Kate Beckett
AG
No I love Mad Taco. I just want more options I can walk to because Texas and University is a cluster.
PS3D
Looks like C-Ment Skate Shop (2818 and Southwood) is gone for good.
Bunk Moreland
Summer time is always tough on skate shops in the College Station area...

dgonzo99
http://wtaw.com/2015/04/29/announcement-of-new-senior-living-community/
St. Joseph announces a new senior wellness center to be located in Traditions in Bryan.

AggiePhil
AG
Pita Pit and Potato Shack on Northgate have closed and The Corner Bar will be expanding into their spaces. I think Potato Shack is relocating to the old Mac Resource building on Church.
mommak
Just read on their FB page that The Local, in downtown Bryan, closed yesterday.
Goose83
AG
quote:
Just read on their FB page that The Local, in downtown Bryan, closed yesterday.
Sorry to see any business close, but in this case that wasn't much of a surprise. Food was good, but the service was way too erratic. Thirty minute wait times to get your drinks, as well charging people for condiments tends to have a negative effect on repeat patronage.

Now if we could just talk Taz into moving back downtown . . .
PS3D
There's a store on Rock Prairie where the AT&T store was called Vapor Pursuit, but it's closed. Was it ever open, or is it about to open? I'm curious if it's one those DOA stores like Fish Place in Bryan.
FlyRod
I hope His Royal Majesty, the Yelp King of Aggieland, can sort out this confusion for us.
originaltexan
The Royal Majesty should put some bermuda grass clippings in his vapor jug and take a whiff.
PS3D
quote:
I hope His Royal Majesty, the Yelp King of Aggieland, can sort out this confusion for us.

Nope , it's been open for about a month. He can actually take his own pictures instead of taking pictures of the facade and making stuff up like a putz.
dgonzo99
Does anybody know where University Tire is going to move? Supposedly, a large convenience store is going to take in that property plus the property that the store next door sits on. Also, Pollo Tote opened this week.
dachsie
quote:
quote:
Also heard that University Title Company is going to open a South College Station location at the business condo properties on William Fitch and Boonville Rd.

Booneville (Hwy30) meets Fitch east just north of the Navasota River but there isnt anything out there.
halibut sinclair
quote:
quote:
quote:

Booneville (Hwy30) meets Fitch east just north of the Navasota River but there isnt anything out there.
BOONVILLE is not Hwy 30. It's FM 158. Hwy 30 becomes Harvey Rd.
Scooley01
AG
quote:
I love that it's still known as "The old Black Eyed Pea," because nothing else that's been there in the last however many years as stuck around long enough to be memorable.
Tailgate88
AG
quote:
Does anybody know where University Tire is going to move? Supposedly, a large convenience store is going to take in that property plus the property that the store next door sits on. Also, Pollo Tote opened this week.
This doesn't ring a bell, where is it located?
tb9665
Greg D posted on Pollo Tote today on Yelp.
CrazyAgE
quote:

I will ask Alan or Stan. They are getting me a quote here in the next day or so. I haven't heard anything about them moving
CrazyAgE
Basically the corner of S. College and North
AggiePirate
AG
quote:
quote:
I love that it's still known as "The old Black Eyed Pea," because nothing else that's been there in the last however many years as stuck around long enough to be memorable.
His royal majesty (of whom i am a huge fan) has pointed out Asia Star's preparations for grand opening. Apparently they are not only turning the tables, but straight up flipping them over:

http://www.yelp.com/biz/asia-star-college-station

http://www.yelp.com/biz_photos/asia-star-college-station?select=OYN7wLPBMImSVLJZKRmiWw
BCStalk
Distress or disrespect?
BlueMiles
AG
The Texas flag is upside down, too.
FlyRod
I'm sure his highness is itching to FTR it and take credit for its success in the three weeks it will be open before the Health Department shuts it down.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.