Bryan/College Station - Coming & Going, Retail, Restaurants, Businesses, etc (2015)

503,460 Views | 1377 Replies | Last: 7 yr ago by Stewade
Drewmeister
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Wokamole has "closed for remodeling", supposedly to reopen July 1. Wonder if that will involve another name change...
mgreen
A Razoo's. Coming soon sign is up in front of Boston's now.
bcstx06
quote:
Thanks guys for the glowing remarks!!

Maybe mention that we offer free consultations and that several early registration discounts are currently available for our summer prep courses. Also, just a small correction with the business name but it is spelled "Avant Garde Prep".

Many thanks!
Its fixed! Sorry for butchering the name twice in two different ways! I don't know what has gotten in to me.
MiMi
S
Prospectors Grill and Saloon is closing. From their Facebook page today:

quote:
With very heavy hearts we are announcing the closing of Prospector's Grill & Saloon. We extend our greatest thanks to all our staff, vendors, and loyal patrons. Come out tonight for one last time to share and celebrate with friends. We will have $1.50 ALL beers, $1.50 ALL liquor, $4.50 ANY foods on the menu. Stop at the front bar and buy a $5 wrist band and enjoy. You are not required to purchase a wrist band to enter!

Comments:
Yea, it's sad today, but we plan to start on a family in July and Anne does not need the stress of a bar. Health and family are way more important to me.

Unfortunately it is way more work than we have time to venture.
carpe vinum
AG
So you pay $5 for a wrist band but you don't need a wristband to enter...
halibut sinclair
You need the wristband to get the special prices on drinks and food.
techno-ag
AG
T&P. That's rough.
FlyRod
Another victim of "The curse of the Greg D FTR." T&P.
dgonzo99
Candlewood Suites in Bryan is finished and ready to open within the next week.
Delmar Berry
quote:
Prospectors Grill and Saloon is closing. From their Facebook page today:

quote:
With very heavy hearts we are announcing the closing of Prospector's Grill & Saloon. We extend our greatest thanks to all our staff, vendors, and loyal patrons. Come out tonight for one last time to share and celebrate with friends. We will have $1.50 ALL beers, $1.50 ALL liquor, $4.50 ANY foods on the menu. Stop at the front bar and buy a $5 wrist band and enjoy. You are not required to purchase a wrist band to enter!

Comments:
Yea, it's sad today, but we plan to start on a family in July and Anne does not need the stress of a bar. Health and family are way more important to me.

Unfortunately it is way more work than we have time to venture.

CSPD were in front of it today. Some people were hauling stuff out to a trailer and the police showed up.
carpe vinum
AG
Landlord was trying to lock them out. Which usually means nonpayment and seizure of equipment. Thus why lenders shy away from restaurants.
Bunk Moreland
Yikes
PS3D
Might be why they were trying to liquidate and close in a hurry.
montegobay
It's too bad that whoever owns that restaurant was never able to figure out how to run it well. I went a couple weeks back with a friend during happy hour. They had terrific specials, but we were the only people in there. It was dark and depressing and not a place that I want to go to often.
halibut sinclair
^ It's owned by Brad Gause and his wife.
Post removed:
by user
mgreen
Candlewood Suites opened last week. Baymont Suites, Best Western and Home 2 Home hotels all opened in the last two months. Hillier funeral Home opened a couple weeks ago as well.
KidDoc
AG
My parents stayed at Bay Mont on hwy 30 recently and said it was fantastic.
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
csnole
Texas Popcorn Company in Post Oak Mall is awesome!! Very nice people. Popcorn is great. Hope it does well.
redchapterjubilee
CapRock Facebook page says Layne's Chicken Fingers is going in on the other side of the Tower Point Rattlers on Greens Prairie. C A N N O T W A I T
phatpat21
Heck Yeah!
AnyJaneDoe
Went to Mad Taco tonight. Must say I was a bit disappointed, but my expectations were way too high. I had a taco from Madden's a few (many) years ago at Texas Reds Festival and it was blow-your-mind fantastic. So, I was very happy to see this opening.

I ordered the shrimp taco and garlic fries. For the price, I expected the taco to be larger. It was regular size. If it was served on "tamale bread", I couldn't tell the difference from a normal tortilla. The taco was just decent - not good, not bad. Needed salsa, it was kind of dry. The only additional salsa offered was Cholula and Tabasco. Fries were good, but not great. Would probably never order them again.

Boyfriend ordered a tuna taco and a chicken taco and was happy with them. Boyfriend will eat anything and like it. (I think he had Top Ramen for lunch.)

As for atmosphere - cool design. It's great the way local restaurants are evolving. (I love the design at Grub) But, there was something very cold about it. (design, not temperature) We were there for dinner at 6:15pm. No line. A few tables there, but not very busy.

Would definitely try it again, but not rushing to go back.

transplanted txn
Just want to put in my 2 cents about Texas Popcorn in the mall - delicious!! Had the white cheddar - YUM and the maple cinnamon - OMGoodness it was out of this world!! Ya just gotta try it!!
eloc62
great to hear that Layne's is coming to the TP/Caprock area! i will be there. still waiting for Papa Murphy's pizza to open a 2nd location out here. no reason why they should not succeed. best pizza in town. pick it up fresh, and cook it yourself. no delivery time, and no tip.
InMyOpinion
Work started at the corner of Copperfield and Boonville, the list at the top of the thread has a Stripes at that location, is this correct?
Broncos
Papa Murphy's is terrible. I would rather have about any other delivery pizza in town or get a frozen pizza from the store.

The addition of Laynes will be nice though.
Bucketrunner
I want a Starbucks with a drive through in the Cap Rock Center.
nashvilleaggie11
You're crazy! Papa Murphy's is the best!
aggie_2005
Eskimo Hut is coming where How do you roll was located.
fcag
AG
What exactly is Eskimo Hut?
aggie_2005
Drive thru daiquiri's and margaritas to go. Saw the sign for tabc permit on the window so they are waiting for approval.
firefly1204
Also heard that University Title Company is going to open a South College Station location at the business condo properties on William Fitch and Boonville Rd.
eloc62
quote:
Papa Murphy's is terrible. I would rather have about any other delivery pizza in town or get a frozen pizza from the store.

The addition of Laynes will be nice though.
it's all personal preference, i know, but if you don't at least like Papa Murphy's Pizza, then you and i will never agree on this. Papa Murphy's has the most ingredients, the best prices, and the best pizza in town.you go ahead and eat your frozen pizza. enjoy that! i, for 1 will continue to eat the best pizza in CS.
stonebase
quote:
Drive thru daiquiri's and margaritas to go. Saw the sign for tabc permit on the window so they are waiting for approval.
Where is their location?
phatpat21
Same!

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.