Bryan/College Station - Coming & Going, Retail, Restaurants, Businesses, etc (2015)

509,566 Views | 1377 Replies | Last: 8 yr ago by Stewade
Scotch
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Tons of development on the way between University Dr. and Briarcrest in Bryan as well, not to mention a large portion of the Atlas development.
Kate Beckett
AG
Slowly getting there for the Atlas development. Starting to move dirt.
halibut sinclair
quote:
Any new/nice concept will likely be in College Station. I highly doubt any national investment would decide on Bryan over CS. Especially with Chimney Hill, Northpointe Crossing and Century Square all in construction.

Uneducated comment.
PS3D
Bike Barn is now open.
Cyp011
AG
Bryan may have investment but it is slanted towards College Station in terms of location. Largely due to availability of land.
halibut sinclair
quote:
Bryan may have investment but it is slanted towards College Station in terms of location. Largely due to availability of land.
Another uneducated comment.
FlyRod
Go get 'em, halibut!
Scotch
AG
College Station may have investment but it is slanted towards Houston in terms of location. Largely due to availability of land.

bcstx06
quote:
Bryan is getting Blackwater. There's another bar in development downtown too.
Can we have details on Blackwater? Location? Thanks!

armymom
Blackwater Draw in Bryan
FlyRod
Several folks told me they would open in the old icehouse at the end of Main in downtown Bryan. Can't imagine that's true given the state of decrepitude that (admittedly cool) building is in.
runawaytrain
Noticed today the old Albertson's had a leasing sign up? I guess HEB is no longer holding onto that building.
australopithecus robustus
That sign's been up for years. It's mainly for the other spaces or if some crazy shmuck wants to assume the HEB lease lol
PS3D
quote:
Several folks told me they would open in the old icehouse at the end of Main in downtown Bryan. Can't imagine that's true given the state of decrepitude that (admittedly cool) building is in.

I personally know who bought the Ice House, a local Bryan businessman, so if that was indeed true, he would lease to them.
runawaytrain
TABC sign is up in one of those old builidngs in downtown Bryan. Near were it looks like the re-built the roads and are laying down some infrastructure. I have to say, first time going to First Fridays a while back and it was a great experience. Downtown uncorked is a great spot.
gopitt
If I had some extra cash I would invest in downtown Bryan in a heartbeat. Lofts, retail, anything. The place is hot and will be getting even hotter in the months and years ahead. Love the vibe that is developing there.
FlyRod
It appears that Arbano Cafe on Holleman has closed for good...and has been closed for awhile now. Anyone know what might be coming to that space? I assume it will be another restaurant.
patrick.redmill
Kluay Kluay Thai restaurant opened on Freedom Blvd yesterday. My wife, a couple of friends, and I went; we all thought it was pretty solid. A step up from Lanna Thai.
OnlyANobody
SIAP, didn't see it. The sign is up at Razzoo's
litig8r187
AG
quote:
Kluay Kluay Thai restaurant opened on Freedom Blvd yesterday. My wife, a couple of friends, and I went; we all thought it was pretty solid. A step up from Lanna Thai.
did you ever eat at Dragon One? If so, how does it compare?
patrick.redmill
Never ate at Dragon One, even if I had, this is a relatively traditional Thai outfit. Probably little menu overlap between the two restaurants outside fried rice and maybe Pad Thai.

Assuming Dragon One was an average representation of Chinese food in B/CS, Kluay Kluay is an upgrade. Really, the only Chinese food I can get behind out here is Sun De Mom.
fcag
AG
I always thought that Dragon One had some of the best Chinese food in town.
litig8r187
AG
Dragon One had a full Thai menu. They were pretty good. They weren't a "Thai Taste" but they were the best Thai here for awhile, IMHO.
FlyRod
I miss Thai Taste...
meezermom
Oh, Thai Taste --- the best restaurant to ever leave this town (along with La Taqueria, of course). Too bad we can't get some of those great places back!
Orlando Ayala Cant Read
AG
Cvs and walgreens want no presence at all in Bryan?
FlyRod
Anyone remember Mario's? I sure do.
AggieAces06
AG
quote:

Huh?

There are three Walgreens and one CVS in Bryan. The Walgreens on 29th street is the only 24 hour Walgreens of all 6 in the area.
dgonzo99
quote:
quote:

Huh?

There are three Walgreens and one CVS in Bryan. The Walgreens on 29th street is the only 24 hour Walgreens of all 6 in the area.
The Walgreens on 29th does a huge business as does CVS on Villa Maria contrary to what the trollers would try to have you believe.
toolshed
AG
quote:
quote:

Huh?

He's commenting on material from a month or so ago. I think it's earlier in this thread and there was another thread about it as well.
Orlando Ayala Cant Read
AG
Ya its in the op.
Scotch
AG
bcstx06, can you please remove that unfounded rumor from the front page?

I am also concerned that MaysAggie2015 is somehow involved in putting together info for prospective businesses when he has such an obvious anti-Bryan bias.
OnlyANobody

quote:
bcstx06, can you please remove that unfounded rumor from the front page?

I am also concerned that MaysAggie2015 is somehow involved in putting together info for prospective businesses when he has such an obvious anti-Bryan bias.
This. I understand that he could be right because he revealed that he was using NDA information in making these remarks.

But I want him to be wrong because I like and believe in Bryan and he got pretty mean and condescending when questioned on the merits of his statements.
Costa and Andreas
I sure remember Mario and Sons Pizzeria. I worked nights there when I got off from cooking pizzas at Cafe Eccell on the day shift. This was 1990-1992.
FlyRod
I can still see that big dude stirring the giant kettle of that fantastic tomato sauce, a good bit of which landed on him. IMO no Italian food has matched theirs since they left.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.