Bryan/College Station - Coming & Going, Retail, Restaurants, Businesses, etc (2015)

503,527 Views | 1377 Replies | Last: 7 yr ago by Stewade
KidDoc
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Just spotted a Tesla high powered charger (not supercharger) at the Hampton Inn near Saltgrass!
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
BryanPooch
FWIW, Buffalo Wild Wings is closed today and Monday (8/17) for retraining and reorganizing the store. It went from being a franchise-owned store to a company owned store a week ago. At that time, they did an inventory and postponed training until today and tomorrow. Existing staff is still in place, but they don't know how such things as daily specials and prices may change. I've been to other corporate owned BWWs and found their found to be at least one cut above that which we got from these franchise owners from San Antonio. I understand the franchise owners sold all their stores to the company.

A renovation of this store was supposed to be done late this fall. No one seems to know it that will still be in the works. It does need refreshing. I do know that they will be installing an entire new computer/ordering system. How that may affect the menu, ordering, a Buzztime Trivia update to pads instead of old Playmakers, or TV channel selections, was unclear.
eloc62
"What the hell is going on out there?" -Vince Lombardi. let's hope they get this figured out quickly, because i need some BWW Mango Habanero wings for my upcoming fantasy football draft night!
FlyRod
Mad Taco will open another location in BCS. No other details known.
halibut sinclair
quote:
Just spotted a Tesla high powered charger (not supercharger) at the Hampton Inn near Saltgrass!

How exciting.
redd38
AG
quote:
Mad Taco will open another location in BCS. No other details known.

Already? The paint isn't dry on the first one yet.
AggieBarstool
Anyone know what's going on with the building that was once Hailu / Kobe Sushi? It looks like they're doing some sort of reno.
techno-ag
AG
quote:
Maybe folks can get here & not have to worry about charging up for the return trip.
FlyRod
Truer words were never spoken.
australopithecus robustus
Kobe going to be a clothing store
aggieboy06
Shipleys at Caprock is scheduled to open on the 29th!!!
phatpat21
Just in time for football season!
KidDoc
AG
quote:
Shipleys at Caprock is scheduled to open on the 29th!!!
So you can earn your heart attack and get it treated on the same block!
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
tvoiles
Sign up for Taco Casa next to new Shipleys and Rattlers on Greens Prairie/ Highway 40
SARATOGA
29th of September ?
95_Aggie
AG
quote:
This is going to be hell on the waistline.
FlyRod
Perhaps don't go, or limit your visits?
95_Aggie
AG
I was speaking of the aggregate waistline of South CS
FlyRod
Yeah I've noticed that at the Fitch HEB...
MiMi
S
Tea2Go looks to be getting closer to opening. On WD Fitch in the same strip as Mathnasium.
Max06
AG
Brazos Moving & Storage is building in front of the speedway.
BlueMiles
AG
World of Beer (Texas and University Avenues) planning to open September 12th. Now hiring.
KidDoc
AG
quote:
World of Beer (Texas and University Avenues) planning to open September 12th. Now hiring.
Thanks for this update I was just wondering when that was opening.
Kitten With A Whip
The donut/kolache shop on Southwest PKWY where Casa Rod Express used to be, is now open. Their breakfast tacos were really, really good! Donut was good. Will maybe try a kolache next time, but they will definitely be my go-to for breakfast tacos!
techno-ag
AG
quote:
quote:
Anybody figure out where customers are going to park over there? Can they use the resident parking garage without charge?
techno-ag
AG
quote:
The donut/kolache shop on Southwest PKWY where Casa Rod Express used to be, is now open. Their breakfast tacos were really, really good! Donut was good. Will maybe try a kolache next time, but they will definitely be my go-to for breakfast tacos!
RIP Casa Rod Express. Glad it has a worthy replacement.
kraut
AG
quote:
quote:
quote:
Anybody figure out where customers are going to park over there? Can they use the resident parking garage without charge?
I believe the first two levels of those garages are for retail customers - at least they were painted that way the last time I was there.
C XX I
I really wish they'd advertise this better, both there and at The Rise. Took me a year to find out that CVS has parking spots in the garage...and I live right over there.
Frio Cielo
New hotel, TRYP by Wyndam going into old Aggieland Inn building on Texas Avenue.

Next door, different owner, in the other old building is going to be a professional building with doctors, etc. and a FEDEX office.
PS3D
Aldi is coming to B-CS!

http://careerbuilder.com/job/J3G47K72QT1R74YD8LX
redball
^ That would be exciting. My brother-in-law's family shops at an Aldi in Houston and raves about it. Nothing fancy, but good prices and customer service.
FlyRod
Would rather have a Central Market or Sprouts or Trader Joe's, but those ships have sailed, apparently.
Tailgate88
AG
Per WTAW this morning, demolition to begin on the old Scott & White in November and Pappadeaux to open February 2018!
halibut sinclair
quote:
Per WTAW this morning, demolition to begin on the old Scott & White in November and Pappadeaux to open February 2018!
2018?
AggiePhil
AG
quote:
An infrastructure and economic development agreement with Pappas Restaurants, Inc. was approved for the redevelopment of about 4.37 acres at 1600 University Drive. Pappas Restaurants purchased the vacant Scott & White facility for the construction of a Pappadeaux Seafood Kitchen restaurant. The agreement requires completion by Feb. 27, 2018, but construction is expected to be complete before that date.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.