Century Square on University

5,184 Views | 22 Replies | Last: 8 yr ago by Gigem314
gutmancometh
How long do you want to ignore this user?
http://blog.chron.com/primeproperty/2015/09/college-stations-century-square-announces-first-tenants/
PS3D
Cool.
happyinBCS
This little college town sure has grown a lot in the 38 years I have lived here.....
redd38
AG
How much free parking is Century Square going to have?
bcstx06
Great to see this. do any of you think that this area is over developing with these types of developments? In other words, can this area support all of them? You have the Atlas town center development on the West side of Bryan, Don Adam wants one of these types of developments on the East side of Bryan. There is also the development that is supposed to go between Briarcrest and University, The Northpoint development and the list goes on. Will most of these developments not happen or sit empty? I hope they all happen and are successful though.

I do have to admit though that Midway is a great developer and will bring in the the retailers and people. If you want a sample of what this development will be like go check out City Centre at the corner of Beltway 8 (Sam Houston Toll Road) and i-10 (Katy Freeway).

Oh, and I'll bet anyone that H&M is coming to town and that it will go in to this development.
Cyp011
AG
The Century Square has location and the name brand of Midway. It also has two Valencia Group boutique hotels under construction to go along with a multi family component.

The fact that it already has a Studio Movie Grill, Two Hotels, Multi-Family and a grocery store (tentative) in the plans makes this the clear winner.

PM Realty Group is also going in at Chimney Hill and has the advantage of another good location and two anchor tentants in "the republic" and "black walnut".

I'll venture to guess the Atlas will be built but the other two Brian places will be put on hold.

I think Northpoint Crossing will get nice spillover interest due to the likely lower rent.
Cyp011
AG
Also. I heard that Lululemon is looking at a trial store in Cstat. I would have to imagine that they are checking market response for a store in Century Square (they have a store in Houston City Centre).
AggieWife2008
S
quote:
Also. I heard that Lululemon is looking at a trial store in Cstat. I would have to imagine that they are checking market response for a store in Century Square (they have a store in Houston City Centre).

They already opened a store here on Harvey
Cyp011
AG
Yes. not a permanent one from what I've heard.
techno-ag
AG
quote:
How much free parking is Century Square going to have?
Looks like they'll have a parking garage & parking along University. Dunno if it'll be free.

http://century-square.com/siteplan.html
Cyp011
AG
It's free at City Centre in Houston.
Law361
AG
Please add a Yard House like in Houston. So good!
EBrazosAg
AG
Just what we need - another free standing ER..........
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
redd38
AG
Yeah! I hate having too much access to medical care!
95_Aggie
AG
quote:
Just what we need - another free standing ER..........
Would you prefer another Subway, or nail salon ... or maybe another dry cleaners instead?
techno-ag
AG
More tax paying entities.
BlueMiles
AG
Banks & pawn shops, too
K2T2
quote:
Please add a Yard House like in Houston. So good!
I just looked at their menu and they have a whole Gardein section and mark their vegetarian items...sooo...I second this!
Cyp011
AG
Darden would probably think Cstat is a stretch for Yard House. However, Darden and Midway have a very strong relationship so they may take a flier.
jja79
AG
It's mostly a beer joint.
australopithecus robustus
I'd be surprised if yardhouse came. Demographics don't support it.
CrottyKid
AG
Blaze pizza will do well.
eloc62
quote:
This little college town sure has grown a lot in the 38 years I have lived here.....
yes it has. i moved here in 1975, when i was 13 yrs old, and the population sign for College Station was about 18,000.
Gigem314
AG
Glad they're adding a Studio Movie Grill. They should do very well here.

My wife and I used to live near CityCentre in Houston so we'd go over there quite a bit. Really excited we're getting something similar here.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.