Outdoors
Sponsored by

Gunfight at the Twin Peaks [Staff Warning on page 47]

326,091 Views | 1928 Replies | Last: 2 yr ago by rather be fishing
maverick2076
How long do you want to ignore this user?
quote:
quote:
quote:
I get that. But the rest of the clubs stull voluntarily associate themselves with those clubs, and then motorcycle riders run to the defense when non bikers call into question the association with criminal gangs or lump them a into the same group.

Seems there is a lot of need to defend organizations, but nonapparent need to make the decision to not associate in any shpe or form with the bad groups.

Surely you can see that.

Membership in the COC does not equal associating with the Bandidos.

Isn't the president of the COC a Bandido? How does that even happen if a majority of the COC is clean clubs.....unless the 1% clubs really run the COC.
You can look up all the officers on the TX COC website. Current state chairman is. That isn't always the case.

gillom
AG
If this discussion is about the corps. then I jumped in at the wrong time.
maverick2076
quote:
Membership in of itself may not, but the other aspects and the sheer fact that the clubs do not find a way to dissolve their association certainly does.
The FBI, the DEA, and police departments across the country have tried and failed to dissolve any of the Big 4 1% Clubs. So, how do suppose the other clubs are going to do it?
carpe vinum
AG
quote:
Holy crap! Talk about a lopsided outcome. I'm really, really interested to see who shot who. I'd love to see surveillance video of this whole incident.

http://www.kwtx.com/home/headlines/Waco-Shooting-Near-Twin-Peaks-In-Waco-304043711.html?device=phone&c=y

"Eight of the dead bikers were members of the Cossacks and one was a Bandido, authorities confirmed."
What happened to the scimitar?
aggielostinETX
AG
He had patched over to the Cossacks.
Post removed:
by user
Post removed:
by user
RK
AG
8-1? Sounds like the cossacks got confirmation that they are 2nd fiddle for a reason.
maverick2076
quote:
quote:
quote:
Membership in of itself may not, but the other aspects and the sheer fact that the clubs do not find a way to dissolve their association certainly does.
The FBI, the DEA, and police departments across the country have tried and failed to dissolve any of the Big 4 1% Clubs. So, how do suppose the other clubs are going to do it?

They don't have to dissolve them, just not associate with them. It is that simple.

Most don't, other than at a bare minimal level to keep the peace.
txaggie02
AG
Man, those numbers are really shocking. I was expecting something in the 5-4 or 6-3 split range. The Cossacks had to have numbers at Twin Peaks. The pictures showed a bunch of Cossacks (not even counting the 8 dead guys) so you know they showed up in force, especially since they weren't even invited, so they could cause trouble. How in the world do you end up down 8-1 when its all over?
aggielostinETX
AG
I doubt those numbers. I don't think the Cossacks are integrated.
ORAggieFan
quote:
Man, those numbers are really shocking. I was expecting something in the 5-4 or 6-3 split range. The Cossacks had to have numbers at Twin Peaks. The pictures showed a bunch of Cossacks (not even counting the 8 dead guys) so you know they showed up in force, especially since they weren't even invited, so they could cause trouble. How in the world do you end up down 8-1 when its all over?

If it was the cops that killed them it makes sense. Having numbers just means more to get dead.
Hoss
AG
quote:
Holy crap! Talk about a lopsided outcome. I'm really, really interested to see who shot who. I'd love to see surveillance video of this whole incident.

http://www.kwtx.com/home/headlines/Waco-Shooting-Near-Twin-Peaks-In-Waco-304043711.html?device=phone&c=y

"Eight of the dead bikers were members of the Cossacks and one was a Bandido, authorities confirmed."

That's the most comprehensive story I've seen so far. Lots of interesting info. Thanks for posting.
Potlicker
AG
quote:
quote:
Wearing regular leathers wouldn't cause an issue though, right?
Don't wear anything that could get you mistaken for a gang member and you are fine. Wanna put a Harley Patch on your leather jacket? Sure, no problem. Want to design a series of patches that could be confused for gang patches, you are making a big mistake.

And whatever you do be sure you never wear a hat while yelling at any type of sporting event. There's a random hardcore group of enforcers wearing maroon and white out there... The (1%'s)....
rilloaggie
AG
I seriously worry about the intelligence of those that can't see the difference between associating with fellow Aggies that might take the Corps, football, or traditions too seriously versus a MC that willingly participates in the COC that is headed by CRIMINAL MCs. Whenever yell leaders are felons, or the Corps of Cadet's starts running meth(fundraising opportunity?) then sure, but as it stands today it is a silly argument.

No one is debating the desire to belong to a group or to be around people with similar interests. I don't think that is anyone's issue here. The issue(as I see it) is that the motorcycle community at large play's by the rules of the %1 clubs by electing them to head the COC. There also appears to be no attempt to distance the good clubs from the bad. I have read that the reason for the meeting at Twin Peaks was due to a turf dispute between two outlaw clubs. If that is true , why in the hell would a non-outlaw club show up? Sounds like a dumbass decision to insert your club into a dangerous situation!
Ogre09
AG
quote:
Pretty comical grown men judging people's hobbies on an aggie fan board

You are doing the same thing. See how you get new levels for posts? See how you get an ag tag or a 12th man Or the diamond tag

But they don't sell meth on Classifieds. We're not pretending to be, or associating with, organized crime.
tmaggie50
AG
quote:
But they don't sell meth on Classifieds.
Pretty much the perfect rebuttal right there
Tony Franklins Other Shoe
AG
Damn, smoked 8-1. Was Strong coaching the Cossacks?
PTXaggie08
AG
quote:
Damn, smoked 8-1. Was Strong coaching the Cossacks?
carpe vinum
AG
Sounds like the Cossacks brought knives to a gun fight.
BoerneGator
AG
quote:
We might wanna wait to hear the ratio of those wounded. Perhaps the Bandidos are just better shots, and made theirs count!
Pasquale Liucci
AG
quote:
quote:
I get that. But the rest of the clubs stull voluntarily associate themselves with those clubs, and then motorcycle riders run to the defense when non bikers call into question the association with criminal gangs or lump them a into the same group.

Seems there is a lot of need to defend organizations, but nonapparent need to make the decision to not associate in any shpe or form with the bad groups.

Surely you can see that.

Um yes it does.
TexasAggie_02
AG
quote:
Whenever yell leaders are felons, or the Corps of Cadet's starts running meth(fundraising opportunity?) then sure
well, to be fair, all meth sales go to the march of dimes.
Mr. Dubi
quote:

Perhaps they couldn't pass the background checks to legally buy guns to take to a bar for a shootout
proc
AG
quote:
quote:

Surely you can see that.

I have to disagree with you on this. I watched a local LE MC run out of LE members as they grew. Once they had 2 chapters and no LE members, they were contacted by the Bandidos and "stongly encouraged" to join the CoC.

Once they joined the CoC, they were expected to pay "dues" to a Bandido controlled CoC, (Bandidos and their soldier clubs do not pay dues, which is what the Cossacks were so upset about) , expected to attend Bandido controlled CoC meetings whenever they were scheduled, and attend Bandido funerals out of respect.

I once saw the Sgt at Arms for the local club physically "corrected" by Bandidos when he was not following their rules on the wearing and storage of the local clubs cuts. That's when I stopped associating with the local club.

Association with the CoC for that particular club meant that everything they did as an MC was controlled by a criminal motorcycle club. In my experience the CoC is a front for the Bandidos to extort, recruit, and control their turf without getting a RICO indictment.
AggieOO
co-worker was one of the ones arrested. It'll be interesting to see how it shakes out. He could lose his job, visitation to his kids, etc. He's clean/sober now, but has had a very checkered past. He rides with a group in austin that is all sober riders.
OnlyForNow
AG
He the city engineer or w/e?
AggieOO
nope. we work in IT.
VanZandt92
What is LE?
AggieOO
i'd assume that is law enforcement, and curious if the MC referenced above is Los Carnales.
BoerneGator
AG
quote:
What is LE?
Law Enforcement mebbe
Aggies Revenge
AG
quote:
quote:
We might wanna wait to hear the ratio of those wounded. Perhaps the Bandidos are just better shots, and made theirs count!
Rule 1 of fighting to gain entry into a place, avoid the fatal funnel of fire, in this case the door. Cossacks trying to get in, get jammed up and present an easy target for those inside or outside who are spread out and possible under some cover while they fire.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.