Outdoors
Sponsored by

Gunfight at the Twin Peaks [Staff Warning on page 47]

320,363 Views | 1928 Replies | Last: 2 yr ago by rather be fishing
PorkEatingCrusader
How long do you want to ignore this user?
DannyDuberstein said:

That suit will get tossed like a midget at a biker convention.
Yea, you might want to tap the brakes there bub!
Guitarsoup
AG
Irish_Man said:

350 million is as absurd as the dumb justice of the peace in Killeen who gave some guy a 4 billion dollar bail.
What are your Constitutional rights worth?
PorkEatingCrusader
zip04 said:

I'm not reading through every page of this thread, but there are a lot of assumptions and misconceptions from what I have seen. As a fellow rider who was part of a Motorcycle Club for 3 years, not all clubs are bad. The MC community is completely different from what many people think or portray it as. Meetings like the one at Twin Peaks occur multiple times a month throughout every state in our nation. These meetings typically have 1% (outlaw) clubs present. However, that is not what these meetings are about. They take place for the clubs to share the following information:

1. Any changes or pending changes to the law (helmet law, lane splitting, etc.).
2. To discuss any occurrences of profiling (I have had many friends pulled over and searched simply for riding a Harley).
3. To discuss any upcoming events (poker runs, toys for tots runs, etc.) - which 95% of the time donate to a good charity. Which specific charity will be advertised prior to the event as well so you are aware. The other 5% of the time it is to raise money for medical bills. For instance, my club did about 20 runs throughout the country a year. All but one raised money for veteran, diabetes, etc. charities. The one that didn't was a run to raise money for one of our members who was battling cancer. He was given 6 months to live - 2 years ago.

Also, these meetings are meant to bring unity throughout the MC community to try and keep stuff like Twin Peaks from occurring.
So why not make it an order of business to speak out against the 1%'s since they are the ones that give the "good clubs" a bad name?
45-70Ag
AG
Guitarsoup said:

Irish_Man said:

350 million is as absurd as the dumb justice of the peace in Killeen who gave some guy a 4 billion dollar bail.
What are your Constitutional rights worth?

Why stop at 350 million
Go for several billion
Post removed:
by user
DannyDuberstein
AG
People get arrested on BS grounds and ultimately released all the time. They don't get $350 mill. Or usually anything. Some "facts" included in the suit are also questoinable or entirely false. For example, the autopsy and ballistics reports have already shown that the majority of the dead were not killed by police, which is at odds with their suit. Hence, I think this suit is likely some sloppy, slapdick work that won't hold up.
Guitarsoup
AG
Do people routinely get arrested and held on a million dollar bond for weeks at a time with absolutely no probable cause?

The woman suing drove there in a car, hadn't gotten to Twin Peaks when the shooting happened and was not a member of any of the gangs.
DannyDuberstein
AG
Which you know is true how? We already know one assertion is false.
Guitarsoup
AG
Would be pretty easy to prove with the impounding of the vehicles and multiple videos of the incident.

Why do you think Reyna declined to take her case to the Grand Jury?
03_Aggie
Guitarsoup said:

Do people routinely get arrested and held on a million dollar bond for weeks at a time with absolutely no probable cause?

The woman suing drove there in a car, hadn't gotten to Twin Peaks when the shooting happened and was not a member of any of the gangs.

Am I misreading this? The article says they were walking up to the restaurant when the shooting started. Which would mean, innocently or not, they most likely pulled in the same time as the gang did.

Quote:

But after the couple arrived and started walking from their Nissan Sentra to the meeting spot at the Twin Peaks restaurant, they heard shots ring out and took cover.
DannyDuberstein
AG
Some get held with no bail. They don't get $350 mill for being held a few weeks. They don't get $3 mill. They don't get $300k.
Guitarsoup
AG
DannyDuberstein said:

Some get held with no bail. They don't get $350 mill for being held a few weeks. They don't get $3 mill. They don't get $300k.

Can you show me people being held for multiple weeks where a police detective lied on his affidavit or signed an affidavit not knowing that the information contained within was in any way accurate?
Guitarsoup
AG
They weren't in the restaurant. They weren't right in front where everyone was killed. They didn't participate in any way.
Snow Monkey Ambassador
AG
DannyDuberstein said:

People get arrested on BS grounds and ultimately released all the time. They don't get $350 mill. Or usually anything. Some "facts" included in the suit are also questoinable or entirely false. For example, the autopsy and ballistics reports have already shown that the majority of the dead were not killed by police, which is at odds with their suit. Hence, I think this suit is likely some sloppy, slapdick work that won't hold up.
Wanna bet?
Snow Monkey Ambassador
AG

Quote:

Am I misreading this? The article says they were walking up to the restaurant when the shooting started. Which would mean, innocently or not, they most likely pulled in the same time as the gang did.

Huh? The gangs were all in the restaurant long before the shooting started.
03_Aggie
Guitarsoup said:

They weren't in the restaurant. They weren't right in front where everyone was killed. They didn't participate in any way.

I have only viewed the article, which doesn't go into that level of detail. I'll trust that it's been verified that they were no where near any of the action or members of either gang when everything happened.
03_Aggie
Snow Monkey Ambassador said:

Quote:

Huh? The gangs were all in the restaurant long before the shooting started.

Pretty sure one gang was there. All hell broke loose upon the arrival of the rival gang. Something about running over a foot and fighting over parking spots.
DannyDuberstein
AG

DannyDuberstein said:

Wanna bet?

I'm happy to to your money if you think these people will be awarded $350 million. But it would feel like stealing from you, which I'm not really comfortable with that.
cbr
AG
every single mother****er associated with law enforcement, the DA's office, the courts, and these arrests, bail, and detentions should be fired, be charged with every crime possible including abuse of government process, as well as be personally liable along with the government for all actualy damages incurred, including lifetime of lost wages and earning capacity, and career, as well as defamation damages, punitive damages, and attorney's fees, as well as at least $10,000 per day they or their property were jailed or impounded. All should also have to write an apology as well for future employers to read of the wrongfully arrested.

it is far past time to end government and government worker immunity from suit.

that was an ok concept back when less than 1% of the population had government jobs, and a human could actually read all the regs and laws if they did nothing else for a few years.

now every uneducated ****pile in the country works for the government, over 23 million government employees - that's over half the actual taxpaying population - and it would take 1000 lifetimes to read all the regs and laws. They are in our lives on every subject all day long and they need to be personally accountable for the bull**** they pull.

03_Aggie
cbr said:

every single mother****er associated with law enforcement, the DA's office, the courts, and these arrests, bail, and detentions should be fired, be charged with every crime possible including abuse of government process, as well as be personally liable along with the government for all actualy damages incurred, including lifetime of lost wages and earning capacity, and career, as well as defamation damages, punitive damages, and attorney's fees, as well as at least $10,000 per day they or their property were jailed or impounded. All should also have to write an apology as well for future employers to read of the wrongfully arrested.

it is far past time to end government and government worker immunity from suit.

that was an ok concept back when less than 1% of the population had government jobs, and a human could actually read all the regs and laws if they did nothing else for a few years.

now every uneducated ****pile in the country works for the government, over 23 million government employees - that's over half the actual taxpaying population - and it would take 1000 lifetimes to read all the regs and laws. They are in our lives on every subject all day long and they need to be personally accountable for the bull**** they pull.

There we go, do to them what they did to the bikers! Wait, I thought what they did to the bikers was wrong?
DannyDuberstein
AG
Sasappis said:

DannyDuberstein said:

DannyDuberstein said:

Wanna bet?

I'm happy to to your money if you think these people will be awarded $350 million. But it would feel like stealing from you, which I'm not really comfortable with that.

Way to crawfish on your original claim.

What crawfishing? They aren't going to get dick.
DannyDuberstein
AG
I said it would be tossed like a midget at a biker convention. How long exactly it takes for that midget tossing to take place, I don't know because I don't know when hearings would take place. The exorbitant amount sought for a few weeks of detention, false information included in the filing, and the fact a similar suit has already been tossed are a few reasons. Pretty sure I've explained this a time or two already, but I'll do it again. Just saying there are some red flags right off the bat that lead me to believe this won't stand up.
DannyDuberstein
AG
Also interesting that her husband is not suing.
Snow Monkey Ambassador
AG
DannyDuberstein said:

DannyDuberstein said:

Wanna bet?

Oh, so you're saying you don't have even the faintest idea how our system of civil justice works. Makes much more sense.
DannyDuberstein
AG
I'm sorry if you've taken it as some sort of personal or professional affront that my message board opinion as a lowly CPA and not someone that contributed to the glut of lawyers on this country is that these people will not be successful with this case and will not win the award they are seeking. It's my opinion. Don't agree with it? Don't care.

If you are insinuating that they could "win" by getting a verdict in their favor and awarded a couple of weeks of lost wages from her walmart checker job, then hooray for them. I wouldn't consider it a win and don't think it makes it that far anyway, but whatever.
SteveBott
AG
Danny you're a CPA? Arguing with lawyers?

Oh boy

ccard257
AG
DannyDuberstein said:

Just saying there are some red flags right off the bat that lead me to believe this won't stand up.

OK, can you be more specific?
DannyDuberstein
AG
SteveBott said:

Oh boy

i don't know if it's arguing. i posted an opinion, stated some reasoning for my opinion, and get a response that people want to make internet bets over it. It's fairly entertaining.
03_Aggie
SteveBott said:

Oh boy

Well in his defense it's not like he's debating with a bunch of civil rights lawyers. That said, to say the case doesn't have merit is kinda foolish. About as foolish as the $350 million in damages they are seeking.
SteveBott
AG
Sma and sasappis are lawyers. As for the 350mm that is just flash from the attorneys to get attention. Not sure why anyone would take that seriously.
DannyDuberstein
AG
Pushing a false narrative like the cops killed almost everyone is a much bigger red flag to me. When one of the few facts provided so far is known to be completely false, it makes me suspect of the rest of their claims and the quality of the work put into the suit.
SteveBott
AG
Cops killed folks is a false narrative. Unjust jailing, improper bond, unreasonable legal charge is the issue.
jpd301
AG
Mistrial declared in 1st Twin Peaks Shootout Trial
Quote:

A mistrial was declared Friday in the trial of Jacob Carrizal, the first biker from the May 2015 Twin Peaks shootout to stand trial. Jurors told 54th State District Judge Matt Johnson they were hopelessly deadlocked after more than 14 hours of deliberation, forcing the judge to declare a mistrial at about 2:50 p.m.

Carrizal, 35, president of the Dallas Bandidos chapter, is charged with directing the activities of a criminal street gang and two counts of engaging in organized criminal activity with the underlying offenses of murder and aggravated assault.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.